Ultimate space simulation software

TheExoplaneteer
Observer
Observer

Video settings and recording

21 Jan 2018 16:46

I have a somewhat related issue: low-resolution screenshots. How do I fix this?

Mosfet
World Builder
World Builder

22 Jan 2018 01:09

What's your display resolution? Do you play in fullscreen or window mode? Are your screenshots jpg or PNG files?
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
My mods | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 4gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram | IRC freenode.net canale ##SpaceEngineITA

TheExoplaneteer
Observer
Observer

22 Jan 2018 13:08

@Mosfet my resolution is 1920 x 1017, and my images are all in JPG format.

Mosfet
World Builder
World Builder

22 Jan 2018 14:42

TheExoplaneteer, you can change resolution of your screenshots, depending on your graphic card capability, by changing window size in windowed mode, from the display configuration tab.
This below is a 4k resolution screenshot taken by my 1366x768 laptop.
Attachments
scr00027.jpg
My mods | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 4gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram | IRC freenode.net canale ##SpaceEngineITA

TheExoplaneteer
Observer
Observer

24 Jan 2018 13:58

[quote="Mosfet"][ref]TheExoplaneteer[/ref], you can change resolution of your screenshots, depending on your graphic card capability, by changing window size in windowed mode, from the display configuration tab.
This below is a 4k resolution screenshot taken by my 1366x768 laptop.[/quote]
It doesn't work. In fact, it glitches EVERYTHING. Now the window is larger than my laptop screen, so only part of the window is visible. None of the buttons are visible, and my cursor cannot get out of the bottom of the laptop screen. Thankfully, I have a touch screen laptop.

Mosfet
World Builder
World Builder

24 Jan 2018 18:18

TheExoplaneteer wrote:
Source of the post it glitches EVERYTHING. Now the window is larger than my laptop screen, so only part of the window is visible. None of the buttons are visible, and my cursor cannot get out of the bottom of the laptop screen

Then please attach your se.log file, it's in your SpaceEngine/system/ folder.
Your mouse pointer shouldn't get stuck. You should be able to double-click with your arrow on the visible part of SE window title bar, which would force again a 1366x768 window resolution. If it doesn't behave like that, it could be indeed related to some touch screen peculiarity. Out of curiosity, what brand and series/type of laptop do you have?

NyquistDream
Observer
Observer

11 Mar 2018 14:41

If you are still having trouble with video recording. just try OBS Studio:

https://obsproject.com/

Take 5 minutes to setup everything, in Output/Recording, just use the 2 highest recording qualities (the other ones are ***), use hardware encoder and be done with it.
Then in Sources, just add an item with Mode "Capture any fullscreen application", click Start Recording, go and forget about this codec thing.

NVidia Shadowplay is messed up with this login requirement, and an older version (2.1) doesn't seem to work with new driver.

Yiliaaaa
Observer
Observer

08 Jun 2018 04:18

What tool is it you use to record your videos? The one I like is Joyoshare Screen Recorder. It is a powerful screen recorder for Windows and Mac users. You can specify the codec, resolution, bit rate, sample rate, channel, etc. in your own way.