Free planetarium

fmb1992
Observer
Observer

Problem with textures and planet terrains

03 Sep 2017 21:31

Hello:

First of all, thanks to the developers for making this awesome software. Second, i'm having some issues related with the textures: the texture of saturn's surface doesn't load and only appears white. The other issues that i'm having are black spots that appear in gas giants when i am at certain distance: if i am too far or too close to the planet, those spots dissappear. I attached the images of the issues and the se.log file. I hope that someone can help me, thanks :).
 ImageImageImage
Attachments
scr00003.jpg
Black Spots
scr00004.jpg
No surface texture on saturn
se.log
(86.76 KiB) Downloaded 9 times

SpaceEngineer
Author of SpaceEngine
Author of SpaceEngine

14 Sep 2017 04:11

This is probably because 0.980 and 0.980e have different Saturn texture specified in the SolarSys.sc.

quarkburger
Observer
Observer

21 Oct 2017 16:54

I'm having texture problems as well. I understand procedural textures on other planets will look better, and they do. But on Earth, the textures I have are not as good as I've seen on the forum. I do have the SolarSysHD and SolarSysUltra directories in my addons. They only slightly improve the textures from stock.

The first picture is a picture of the grand canyon I've seen on the forum. Then is a picture of the grand canyon on my installation. Then is a screen shot of my graphics settings and the log file. 

Thank you
Attachments
grandcanyon.png
mygrandcanyon.png
graphicssettings.png
se.log
(66.18 KiB) Downloaded 11 times

Mosfet
World Builder
World Builder

21 Oct 2017 17:35

quarkburger wrote:
Source of the post The first picture is a picture of the grand canyon I've seen on the forum. Then is a picture of the grand canyon on my installation

That Grand Canyon is the result of Klud's work on specific areas of celestial objects, you need to download the addons from here.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
My mods | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 4gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram | IRC freenode.net canale ##SpaceEngineITA

quarkburger
Observer
Observer

21 Oct 2017 18:17

Mosfet wrote:
quarkburger wrote:
Source of the post The first picture is a picture of the grand canyon I've seen on the forum. Then is a picture of the grand canyon on my installation

That Grand Canyon is the result of Klud's work on specific areas of celestial objects, you need to download the addons from here.

Oh yeah. Klud's work looks very good. Thanks

ultim809
Observer
Observer

21 Nov 2017 12:01

Hi, I have the same problem with no landscape and bad textures. I have a Nvidia Geforce GTX Titan with last drivers. I tried to reinstall the software and change settings, but nothing work. Do you have an idea?
Attachments
se_screenshot.jpg
se.log
(192.66 KiB) Downloaded 1 time