Ultimate space simulation software

Nick Wilde
Observer
Observer
Topic Author

Unable to Reach Far-Away Galaxies without Crashing

27 Dec 2016 16:06

Recently, I got a new computer so I could get a boost in general performance. When I was looking in the Milky Way and galaxies surrounding the Milky Way (known galaxies), I was able to play the game without lag and at rather high settings. However, when I tried to travel outside of that realm of known galaxies to visit planets and stars there, the game consistently and always crashes. Since I haven't seen this problem with other people, I'm wondering if it may be an incompatibility with something. 

Computer Specs:

Manufacturer: Dell
Model: Inspiron 7559 Signature Edition
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz  2.60GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 8.00GB
Local Disk (C:) (System Memory): 1.00TB
Operating System: Windows 10
Graphics Card: NVIDIA v.369.09 GeForceGTX 960M

Could you please help me?

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

27 Dec 2016 17:48

This question belongs to the Troubleshooting and bug reports - 0980 section of the thread.
Could you please attach your se.log which is located in your SpaceEngine/system/ folder, as requested in the topmost message of that thread?
I see the graphic drivers you're using are dated back in August, try updating them with more recent drivers, usually it's a good idea to keep them updated unless there are some weird glitches, as it happened before.
When the program crashes, is there some message window?
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |

Xoran
Pioneer
Pioneer

23 Feb 2017 11:58

Recently, I got a new computer so I could get a boost in general performance. When I was looking in the Milky Way and galaxies surrounding the Milky Way (known galaxies), I was able to play the game without lag and at rather high settings. However, when I tried to travel outside of that realm of known galaxies to visit planets and stars there, the game consistently and always crashes. Since I haven't seen this problem with other people, I'm wondering if it may be an incompatibility with something.
Most awesome things like galaxy collisions, galactic clusters, and stuff like that are in known galaxies, and there are probably hundreds of trillions of stars out there in the known galaxies waiting to be explored, so keep calm. Your game still works at least :)
But, as Mosfet said, could you please attach your se.log file which is located in the system subsection of the SpaceEngine folder, as requested in the topmost message of that thread?
Space is too big to understand, so do not try to understand.

Dr. Kaii
Explorer
Explorer

02 Apr 2017 07:14

I found this happened to me if I tried to get to them too soon (and only occasionally). If this was happening, I'd load up the game and wait a few minutes. Then I could go. Try that 
i9 9900K - 5.0MHz, Palit 2080Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000MHz, Vive Pro