Free planetarium

Mosfet
Pioneer

Logo, UI, Fonts Suggestions

06 Apr 2017 13:32

Don't worry SCtester, the contents of the old forum will remain under http://old.spaceengine.org. Links need to be changed, but they will be fixed I guess :)
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
My mods - My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 4gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram

JackDole
Explorer

07 Apr 2017 05:00

Mosfet wrote:
Source of the post Links need to be changed, but they will be fixed I guess

I hope you are right! It would be a pity if the old forum could no longer be reached. :?

SpaceEngineer
Author of SpaceEngine

18 Apr 2017 09:47

The problem with the old forum is that it exceeds a disk space on a hosting (I may pay to increase the disk size and remove ads, but... we have a new site now, so why spend money on the old one?). With no disk space, I even can't edit html/css files to fix links. The only way is removing some old screenshots and other attachments uploaded by users on the forum. I can download them all using FTP, maybe some day we can convert old forum to phpBB and merge it with the new one.

Mosfet
Pioneer

18 Apr 2017 15:41

If that's the case, then we will fix manually links pointing to the old forum when needed in posts, the important thing is that the search function still works :)
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
My mods - My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 4gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram

problemecium
Astronaut

19 Apr 2017 08:12

My only request regarding the UI is that for those of us on low DPI screens SE should always have a "compact" UI option with a nice small font and minimal empty space in windows, a la EVE Online.
ᴩʀoʙʟᴇᴍᴇᴄɪᴜᴍ﹖
Formerly known as "parameciumkid."