Ultimate space simulation software

Mosfet
World Builder
World Builder

Logo, UI, Fonts Suggestions

06 Apr 2017 13:32

Don't worry SCtester, the contents of the old forum will remain under http://old.spaceengine.org. Links need to be changed, but they will be fixed I guess :)
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
My mods | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 4gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram | IRC freenode.net canale ##SpaceEngineITA

JackDole
World Builder
World Builder

07 Apr 2017 05:00

Mosfet wrote:
Source of the post Links need to be changed, but they will be fixed I guess

I hope you are right! It would be a pity if the old forum could no longer be reached. :?

SpaceEngineer
Author of SpaceEngine
Author of SpaceEngine

18 Apr 2017 09:47

The problem with the old forum is that it exceeds a disk space on a hosting (I may pay to increase the disk size and remove ads, but... we have a new site now, so why spend money on the old one?). With no disk space, I even can't edit html/css files to fix links. The only way is removing some old screenshots and other attachments uploaded by users on the forum. I can download them all using FTP, maybe some day we can convert old forum to phpBB and merge it with the new one.

Mosfet
World Builder
World Builder

18 Apr 2017 15:41

If that's the case, then we will fix manually links pointing to the old forum when needed in posts, the important thing is that the search function still works :)
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
My mods | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 4gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram | IRC freenode.net canale ##SpaceEngineITA

problemecium
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

19 Apr 2017 08:12

My only request regarding the UI is that for those of us on low DPI screens SE should always have a "compact" UI option with a nice small font and minimal empty space in windows, a la EVE Online.
ᴩʀoʙʟᴇᴍᴇᴄɪᴜᴍ﹖
Formerly known as "parameciumkid." Still playing on Intel HD Graphics 4000 ^^

[email protected]
Observer
Observer

19 Apr 2017 20:58

Hmm Is it only me or does others also prefer a "modern" UI like shown in user made photoshop screenshots?