Page 46 of 46

General questions about SpaceEngine

Posted: 28 Sep 2021 13:49
by longname
alexandreq4 wrote:
Hello,
I'm just comparing it to software like Stellarium. That's what SE lacks, comparable functionality, for example observing from a point on earth, pointing at a star or an object without zooming in. I'm not a developer, but maybe it's possible to make a script. Just a few more features, and SE would be superior to Stellarium for searching

SE isn't made for that. It's supposed to be used for casual exploration on a universe based off real catalogs - real objects are just a bonus I.E. you're looking into the wrong place if you're wanting a digital observatory like Stellarium.

General questions about SpaceEngine

Posted: 01 Oct 2021 12:11
by N0B0DY
Sorry if this has been asked before but in settings>camera what is closer to reality? intergalactic vision on or off? i.e what would an observer see if they were in intergalactic space? I think intergalactic vision must be set to off but that is my uneducated guess :(..

General questions about SpaceEngine

Posted: 01 Oct 2021 22:34
by A-L-E-X
N0B0DY wrote:
Sorry if this has been asked before but in settings>camera what is closer to reality? intergalactic vision on or off? i.e what would an observer see if they were in intergalactic space? I think intergalactic vision must be set to off but that is my uneducated guess :(..

Never saw this setting before, what is intergalactic vision? I just use the ultra preset.

General questions about SpaceEngine

Posted: 02 Oct 2021 05:57
by longname
N0B0DY wrote:
Source of the post intergalactic vision on or off

Off, think how little light reaches you.

General questions about SpaceEngine

Posted: 04 Oct 2021 04:50
by techman1
How is your gameplay on a not-good pc? I have my home pc with a good GPU and CPU, but also want to play from time to time outside of the home. Will it be playable on the "gaming" laptop from 2016? On PC it feels very smooth, but I have some doubts about my laptop. 

General questions about SpaceEngine

Posted: 06 Oct 2021 05:36
by Wolffe
Как добавить свою музыку в SE? Я пробовал изменить формат mp3 на .ogg, вставил в папку музыку, запустил SE и выбираю свою подходящую музыку, а дальше уже музыка не играет ... Как исправить ???

GOOGLE TRANSLATE: (edit by FastFourierTransform)
How do I add my own music to SE? I tried to change the mp3 format to .ogg, inserted music into the folder, launched SE and select my suitable music, and then the music no longer plays ... How to fix it ???

General questions about SpaceEngine

Posted: 07 Oct 2021 05:35
by A-L-E-X
For Wat or anyone else who knows, I've been reading Quanta Magazine extensively and one of the things I've become interested in are the two point correlations we've found in Hubble deep space images.  Is there any way to see these in SE?  I'm interested in it because it shows how galaxies evolved in the earliest days of the universe from two particles that spontaneously appeared very early on and then inflation and expansion separated them.  Also interested in finding three point correlations and higher, even though none have been discovered yet.

General questions about SpaceEngine

Posted: 07 Oct 2021 07:30
by techman1
Wolffe wrote:
Как добавить свою музыку в SE? Я пробовал изменить формат mp3 на .ogg, вставил в папку музыку, запустил SE и выбираю свою подходящую музыку, а дальше уже музыка не играет ... Как исправить ???

GOOGLE TRANSLATE: (edit by FastFourierTransform)
How do I add my own music to SE? I tried to change the mp3 format to .ogg, inserted music into the folder, launched SE and select my suitable music, and then the music no longer plays ... How to fix it ???

That's a weird error. I had one back in a day, but I just reinstall mods (if need to reinstall the game) and that should be working. I am using my playlist in the game and everything is alright. 

General questions about SpaceEngine

Posted: 08 Oct 2021 09:31
by DevGooD
Друзья, нужна ваша помощь!

Как создать такой эффект на космическом корабле ?

На видео не вода а космический корабль погруженный в ландшафт планеты.
Автор видео не желает делиться как он это сделал.
___________________________________________________________

GOOGLE TRANSLATED (Edit by FastFourierTransform):

Friends, I need your help!
How do you create this effect on a spaceship?
In the video, not water, but a spaceship immersed in the landscape of the planet.
The author of the video does not want to share how he did it.



General questions about SpaceEngine

Posted: 08 Oct 2021 11:33
by longname
DevGooD wrote:
Друзья, нужна ваша помощь!

Как создать такой эффект на космическом корабле ?

На видео не вода а космический корабль погруженный в ландшафт планеты.
Автор видео не желает делиться как он это сделал.

This is best suited as a Mods and Addons topic.

General questions about SpaceEngine

Posted: 08 Oct 2021 19:22
by A-L-E-X
techman1 wrote:
Wolffe wrote:
Как добавить свою музыку в SE? Я пробовал изменить формат mp3 на .ogg, вставил в папку музыку, запустил SE и выбираю свою подходящую музыку, а дальше уже музыка не играет ... Как исправить ???

GOOGLE TRANSLATE: (edit by FastFourierTransform)
How do I add my own music to SE? I tried to change the mp3 format to .ogg, inserted music into the folder, launched SE and select my suitable music, and then the music no longer plays ... How to fix it ???

That's a weird error. I had one back in a day, but I just reinstall mods (if need to reinstall the game) and that should be working. I am using my playlist in the game and everything is alright. 

I deleted all the default music from the music folder and that did the trick for me.

General questions about SpaceEngine

Posted: 09 Oct 2021 04:11
by longname
A-L-E-X wrote:
Source of the post I deleted all the default music from the music folder and that did the trick for me.

From the SpaceEngine\data\music folder? You should not be touching that. You should be making all changes to the game through a proxy folder in addons.

General questions about SpaceEngine

Posted: 09 Oct 2021 21:38
by A-L-E-X
longname wrote:
A-L-E-X wrote:
Source of the post I deleted all the default music from the music folder and that did the trick for me.

From the SpaceEngine\data\music folder? You should not be touching that. You should be making all changes to the game through a proxy folder in addons.

oh if I want to use different music?  Thanks I didn't know that- I did save the default music into a music2 folder I made as backup but I wanted to do a completely different playlist so I replaced the music there with other stuff.

General questions about SpaceEngine

Posted: 25 Oct 2021 02:17
by and0uille
Spacecraft ephermides
Hi everyone,
I managed to import a spaceraft in Space Engine, my goal is to use a NASA ephemeris (like these : https://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/horizons/app.html#/ ) to reproduce in Space Engine a spacecraft "real-life trajectory". After reading carefully the changelogs and the documentation, my intuition is that it is not implemented yet (though I'm new to Space Engine and I may have missed something!).
Do you know what the current status for this feature is?
Cheers