Ultimate space simulation software

 
Mr. Abner
Pioneer
Pioneer
Posts: 438
Joined: 08 Jun 2017
Location: Mississauga

General questions about SpaceEngine

01 Aug 2020 19:32

For ship orbital parameters, I've seen yellow text for periapsis (get out the asbestos underwear, there may be some friction) and red text (you'll be picking grass and dirt out of your teeth), but I've never seen purple text before. What does that mean?

orbit.jpg
 
Mr. Abner
Pioneer
Pioneer
Posts: 438
Joined: 08 Jun 2017
Location: Mississauga

General questions about SpaceEngine

10 Aug 2020 18:38

Mr. Abner wrote:
For ship orbital parameters, I've seen yellow text for periapsis (get out the asbestos underwear, there may be some friction) and red text (you'll be picking grass and dirt out of your teeth), but I've never seen purple text before. What does that mean?

orbit.jpg

So... nobody knows. It's a mystery!
 
casualexp
Observer
Observer
Posts: 2
Joined: 18 Sep 2020

General questions about SpaceEngine

18 Sep 2020 06:41

Hello,

I'm looking for a comet, the 109P Swift-Tuttle, but I can't find it in the F3 menu. 

Is it because the object is not in the game's database?

Thanks!
 
illusions
Observer
Observer
Posts: 2
Joined: 23 Oct 2020

General questions about SpaceEngine

24 Oct 2020 00:08

I have a problem with audio.

My laptop connect with monitor (BenQ 2480W) and using monitor audio. 

Everytime I running SE the game music start to  play and stopped quickly. The inner music player can not play any music. Click pause or drag progressber doesn't change anything.

My desktop running SE well, so I wonder if the problem comes from the monitor?

Thanks!
 
User avatar
Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer
Posts: 1491
Joined: 24 Oct 2016
Location: Italy
Contact:

General questions about SpaceEngine

24 Oct 2020 14:58

casualexp, yeah, comet 109P is not in the default database, if nobody did it yet it could be something to work on.

illusions, could you post your se.log file, which is located in your <SteamFolder>\steamapps\common\SpaceEngine\system folder?
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |
 
illusions
Observer
Observer
Posts: 2
Joined: 23 Oct 2020

General questions about SpaceEngine

24 Oct 2020 17:27

Mosfet wrote:
casualexp, yeah, comet 109P is not in the default database, if nobody did it yet it could be something to work on.

illusions, could you post your se.log file, which is located in your <SteamFolder>\steamapps\common\SpaceEngine\system folder?

okey, I have uploaded the file. 
Attachments
se.log
se.log
(122.65 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
 
User avatar
JackDole
Star Engineer
Star Engineer
Posts: 1870
Joined: 02 Nov 2016
Location: Terra

General questions about SpaceEngine

24 Oct 2020 23:27

casualexp wrote:
Source of the post I'm looking for a comet, the 109P Swift-Tuttle, but I can't find it in the F3 menu.

I made a script for '109P/Swift–Tuttle'. It is here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=546&p=34813#p34813
JackDole's Universe 0.990: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=546
JackDole's Archive: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=419
JackDole: Mega structures ... http://old.spaceengine.org/forum/17-3252-1 (Old forum)
 
ncbe
Observer
Observer
Posts: 2
Joined: 28 Oct 2020

General questions about SpaceEngine

28 Oct 2020 08:51

Hi.
I have 2 questions.
1. I'm currently using the latest version of SE 0.99 and just wondering how to search and go to RS or RSC numbered object.
It was possible on older version to move to procedural objects by searching the RS code on the Object Finder menu and then clicking "Go To" button even after the error message shown.
But this method seems not work on the newer version.
2. Is it impossible to use both the older and newer versions on the same hardware?
Whenever I execute the older version it just shuts down.
Thanks in advance.
 
User avatar
Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer
Posts: 1491
Joined: 24 Oct 2016
Location: Italy
Contact:

General questions about SpaceEngine

28 Oct 2020 15:14

RS objects can be reached in the same way in both version, plus copy & paste with Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V is possible.
Version 0980 and 0990 have different seeds generating different procedural universes, so procedural objects existing in 0980 may not exist in 0990 or be completely different.
0980 version doesn't start due to incompatibility to recent Nvidia driver updates. A workaround was found by a discord user, if you follow this guide: viewtopic.php?t=7&start=1560#p34434
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |
 
ncbe
Observer
Observer
Posts: 2
Joined: 28 Oct 2020

General questions about SpaceEngine

28 Oct 2020 18:34

Mosfet wrote:
RS objects can be reached in the same way in both version, plus copy & paste with Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V is possible.
Version 0980 and 0990 have different seeds generating different procedural universes, so procedural objects existing in 0980 may not exist in 0990 or be completely different.
0980 version doesn't start due to incompatibility to recent Nvidia driver updates. A workaround was found by a discord user, if you follow this guide: viewtopic.php?t=7&start=1560#p34434

Thank you for clearing me up.
It's shame that I may not be able to watch the great sceneries and objects, which I've found so far, on the newest universe any longer.
And the method you informed me to use SE 0.98 works perfect.
Thank you so much again.
 
casualexp
Observer
Observer
Posts: 2
Joined: 18 Sep 2020

General questions about SpaceEngine

07 Nov 2020 04:22

JackDole wrote:
Source of the post I made a script for '109P/Swift–Tuttle'. It is here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=546&p=34813#p34813

Wow thank you! Sure I will give it a try. 
I was looking for this object because of his relation with the perseid meteor shower event. Also it is believed it could impact earth in the near future.
On a side note, I didn't know it was possible to script objects with so few lines of code. Nice!
Anyway, thanks for the effort! I'll also check your other stuff, it seems great!
 
A-L-E-X
Star Engineer
Star Engineer
Posts: 2304
Joined: 06 Mar 2017

General questions about SpaceEngine

08 Nov 2020 05:31

I wonder if we can use comets to simulate meteor showers in the program?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest