Free planetarium

Xoran
Pioneer

General questions about SpaceEngine

05 Feb 2017 06:16

SpaceEngineer wrote:
Source of the post I talking about the game, where user movements will be limited to ships. It's a logical thing what player's knowledge about Universe will be limited by only discovered planets, isn't it?

Maybe a limited version of the star browser could be a nice ship upgrade. You could be able to upgrade radius, how dim stars you can find, how much power it takes to use, and more (assuming the game has a upgrade system) but it should not be very effective. :)
Space is too big to understand, so do not try to understand.

Danielmas
Observer

05 Feb 2017 10:17

SpaceEngineer wrote:
I created a thread and uploadad all old versions on google drive:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=182

This is really great. More than I hoped for. Thank you very much and keep up the great work. Once I become a daily user, I will surely donate to the program's development.

jasperhb
Space Tourist

11 Feb 2017 16:52

Is there something wrong with making stars? I've followed the directions, and I couldn't get the star systems to work. I also tried making the star names single words (since that probably could be a problem), but that still didn't work. 

Mosfet
Pioneer

11 Feb 2017 18:14

I'm afraid you'll have to share more details regarding what you did and what you want to achieve, maybe a look at the scripts you wrote could reveal some clue about the issue.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
My mods - My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 4gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram

darkdave
Observer

12 Feb 2017 10:11

IS Space Engine a game engine (eventually) for game developers to make their own space games in the future? If so what's the licensing condition?

Also can you have  "super structures"? I think that would be a great idea to have buildings such as space elevators  or dyson spheres or huge muschroom shaped floating cities (Empire Strikes Back).

kham132
Space Tourist

18 Feb 2017 21:29

Space Engine aims for realism, and unless we find one, there probably won't be super-structures generated in the game.

Mosfet
Pioneer

19 Feb 2017 09:19

Actually it's in the TODO list, if you count "Giant alien astroengineering constructions" as "super structures". ;)
My mods - My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 4gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram

Nyarlasothoth
Observer

26 Feb 2017 08:02

I have a question about Wallpaper engine , can I use Space engine to create files on the Workshop? I would not want to have a copyright problem.
" I love the night, my thoughts are clearer in the dark "

Roninsan
Observer

26 Feb 2017 10:10

First of all, thanks for the free beta access, I'm loving to explore the universe with SE!

I have a question, can I disable fictional planets or any other content in the SE that is not scientifically confirmed?
I went to Proxima Centauri in my SE (version 0.9.8.0) and the system shows 8 planets, one of them even with life hehe...(It's also missing "Proxima Centauri b", which is a confirmed planet.)

There is an option to disable all theoterical/fictional objects?

Mosfet
Pioneer

26 Feb 2017 10:24

Roninsan wrote:
Source of the post There is an option to disable all theoterical/fictional objects?

Sure, press F4 and choose what you want to see.

Roninsan
Observer

26 Feb 2017 13:56

Mosfet wrote:
Sure, press F4 and choose what you want to see.

Thanks!

Roninsan
Observer

02 Mar 2017 11:58

I'm having trouble with some settings not saving. I even tried to set the config file to read only but it stills resets in SE.

- Comet Tail Brightness
- Ambient Lighting

Any idea how to solve?

Mosfet
Pioneer

02 Mar 2017 13:35

Config file should be rewritten in any case I guess. Could you please attach your se.log file which is located in your SpaceEngine/system/ folder?

Roninsan
Observer

02 Mar 2017 22:16

Mosfet wrote:
Config file should be rewritten in any case I guess. Could you please attach your se.log file which is located in your SpaceEngine/system/ folder?

Here is the log.
My username is also not saving (always goes back to "Player"), several other settings I tried are saving normally.
Attachments
se.log
(44.25 KiB) Downloaded 9 times

JackDole
Explorer

03 Mar 2017 03:37

Roninsan,
not all settings are saved. For example, 'Ambient lighting' is not saved.
Other settings, such as 'Objects apparent size limit', are also not saved, but can be changed manually in the 'main-user.cfg'.

The problem with the usernames is solved in the next version.