Ultimate space simulation software

JMaker
Observer
Observer

General questions about SpaceEngine

06 May 2018 09:11

Hello, I have a question: I'm pretty sure that some time ago I downloaded a version of Space Engine that, if you scrolled away enough, you could view the universe and all it's galaxies clusters, like the image from the link bellow:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or ... 5d0861.jpg

But in the current version if I keep scrolling eventually every galaxy will be redshifted until everything just disappear. I know that's more realistic, I guess, but I wish it was possible to see the universe in it's entire glory. I tried to download early versions of SE to see if I'm not mistaken, but the torrent links are broken.

Anyway, thanks for the amazing software!

Irolokirt
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

06 May 2018 10:58

try to rise up the ambient light...
furthmore is known the number of the procedurally generated galaxyes in SE?

Mr. Abner
Explorer
Explorer

07 May 2018 17:39

I think I may have mentioned it in the suggestions thread, but I don't think I've seen anybody discuss it one way or the other (and if it has been answered already, then my apologies): Will ships be rendered in-atmosphere where appropriate?

Now, I'll be the first to admit that flying large ships in atmosphere may not be terribly realistic (but it is lots of fun, and I'm going to keep on doing it :) ), but if we now get to have surface bases, they should be rendered with atmospheric effects rather than always on top of the atmosphere as the current 0.9.8.0 ships are.  Does the new PBR system affect this?

Mosfet
World Builder
World Builder

08 May 2018 07:40

Irolokirt wrote:
Source of the post furthmore is known the number of the procedurally generated galaxyes in SE?

For SpaceEngine 0974, SpaceEngineer wrote in December 2013:
With density of 10 galaxies per cubic megaparsec, it have 10 trillion galaxies (1013). Too small, I must make it few billions time bigger in each dimension Image

Surely the number of galaxies in 0980 it's not less than that.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
My mods | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 4gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram | IRC freenode.net canale ##SpaceEngineITA

Macronicus
Astronaut
Astronaut

08 May 2018 07:56

Mosfet wrote:
Irolokirt wrote:
Source of the post furthmore is known the number of the procedurally generated galaxyes in SE?

For SpaceEngine 0974, SpaceEngineer wrote in December 2013:
With density of 10 galaxies per cubic megaparsec, it have 10 trillion galaxies (1013). Too small, I must make it few billions time bigger in each dimension Image

Each dimension bigger? How much bigger?
To a Galaxy billion light-years away from a Dark World.

Mosfet
World Builder
World Builder

08 May 2018 08:18

"few billions". Given the emote at the end of the sentence, though, I'm not sure if he was joking about expanding it.
Right now SpaceEngine universe should be a cube of 10 billions parsec per side, or 1000 Gpc3.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
My mods | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 4gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram | IRC freenode.net canale ##SpaceEngineITA

Macronicus
Astronaut
Astronaut

10 May 2018 06:26

After the release of 9.9.0, will their be new beta testers for the next version?
To a Galaxy billion light-years away from a Dark World.