Ultimate space simulation software

astroclu
Astronaut
Astronaut
Topic Author

Camera path editor addition ?

02 Aug 2019 13:21

I'm having quite some trouble with the camera path editor, the most annoying part is that I can't seem to find a way to delete my path and start over, other that closing and opening SE. I think a button next to the add point button to reset/delete the path or to remove the last point added would be very helpful so that you don't have to close and relaunch to start over. 
Core i7-8700 [email protected] RAM 16GB GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB VRAM
"The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom"
Isaac Asimov

SpaceEngineer
Author of SpaceEngine
Author of SpaceEngine

02 Aug 2019 16:45

Just start recording again, it will create a brand new path.

astroclu
Astronaut
Astronaut
Topic Author

28 Aug 2019 10:14

OK, that's right. Sorry, I just got confused by the fact that the points counter doesn't reinitialize when you click start recording, only after you click add point again does it get back to 1. So I had the impression I was still adding points to the anterior path. 

Nevertheless I believe a "delete last point" button can be a good addition so you don't have to start over a new path (frustrasting, if that's a long trajectory)  if you make a mistake. 
Core i7-8700 [email protected] RAM 16GB GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB VRAM
"The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom"
Isaac Asimov

Mythplayer
Observer
Observer

03 Nov 2020 12:31

OK, that's right. Sorry, I just got confused by the fact that the points counter doesn't reinitialize when you click start recording, only after you click add point again does it get back to 1. So I had the impression I was still adding points to the anterior path. 

Nevertheless I believe a "delete last point" button can be a good addition so you don't have to start over a new path (frustrasting, if that's a long trajectory)  if you make a mistake. 
if add [key position] edit mode,path generated by program(like video edit software), has more easy to use?

like this:
[add key postion]>[set path duration]+[set path acceration]>[add key postion]>[set path duration]+[set path acceration]>[add key postion]
key position able insert,remove,or update
My PC Spec:
Processor:Intel i7-3770K@4Ghz Memory:32GB
Motherboard:Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Grapics Card:Nvidia GTX1060 6GB
OS version: Windows 10 1903

Smith223
Observer
Observer

19 Apr 2021 05:58

Displaying the path and keyframes is only for visual reference. The path and keyframes do not show during playback and do not export to the final video product.

Smith223
Observer
Observer

19 Apr 2021 06:01

1. Optionally, open a second view of your animation layers and show the path in the secondary view only. It can be helpful to have a preview of the animation path next to the view you're working in.
  1. mcdvoice