Free planetarium

Mosfet
World Builder
World Builder

Global list of suggestions

18 Mar 2017 14:20

Well, it's a typical case where "Last edited by" feature comes in very handy and makes the previous line useless ;)
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
My mods | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 4gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram | IRC freenode.net canale ##SpaceEngineITA

DeathStar
Astronaut
Astronaut
Topic Author

19 Mar 2017 18:22

Mosfet wrote:
Well, it's a typical case where "Last edited by" feature comes in very handy and makes the previous line useless ;)

Eh, it kind of is redundant. I'll remove it next time around.

nonstopsuperguy
Observer
Observer

28 Mar 2017 12:19

To get the most revenue and to continue getting revenue in the future, the Space Engine Devs should use Patreon! They'd hit their goals right away!
Universe of Possibilities

Hornblower
Pioneer
Pioneer

28 Mar 2017 12:42

nonstopsuperguy wrote:
Source of the post  the Space Engine Devs

Hahaha! There's only one developer, our lord Vladimir. If you want to donate, there's a place to do so on the main page
"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - Douglas Adams

DoctorOfSpace
World Builder
World Builder

28 Mar 2017 17:50

nonstopsuperguy wrote:
Source of the post the Space Engine Devs should use Patreon!

First off, like Hornblower said, there is only one dev programming SE with a few other community members who do other small things like nebula/galaxies/systems/etc.  Vladimir is the one who receives all funding so he can continue programming and advancing the engine.
Secondly, I suggested Patreon originally but after reviewing their terms and how donations are made through Patreon it is not a good platform for SE due to the slow nature of updates and the inability to promise people goods and services for being patrons.  The best platform currently would be a flat no guarantees donation, like there is now, and eventually selling the program on Steam giving people early beta access and Steam features, while the program will remain free on the site.  The Steam launch should be some time this year.
CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 - GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

ettore_bilbo
Astronaut
Astronaut

29 Mar 2017 05:09

DoctorOfSpace wrote:
Source of the post The Steam launch should be some time this year.

really? so, no more steam keys but a beta access to buy? :-)

nonstopsuperguy
Observer
Observer

01 Apr 2017 11:31

DoctorOfSpace wrote:
nonstopsuperguy wrote:
Source of the post the Space Engine Devs should use Patreon!

First off, like Hornblower said, there is only one dev programming SE with a few other community members who do other small things like nebula/galaxies/systems/etc.  Vladimir is the one who receives all funding so he can continue programming and advancing the engine.
Secondly, I suggested Patreon originally but after reviewing their terms and how donations are made through Patreon it is not a good platform for SE due to the slow nature of updates and the inability to promise people goods and services for being patrons.  The best platform currently would be a flat no guarantees donation, like there is now, and eventually selling the program on Steam giving people early beta access and Steam features, while the program will remain free on the site.  The Steam launch should be some time this year.

Thanks for the info. I just kinda figured it would bring in a more stable revenue. Oh well, the Steam beta access will be plenty. I'll definitely be jumping on that the moment it launches. Keep us posted dude! Cheers! :)
Universe of Possibilities

John Boone
Observer
Observer

03 Apr 2017 20:17

ok so i think it would be an interesting feature if you could spawn an outline of a real solar system object next to something else out in the universe. i feel like that would be a nice way to get some perspective on how large or small some procedural objects are relative the bodies we're all familiar with.
Maybe it’s a little early. Maybe the time is not quite yet. But those other worlds — promising untold opportunities — beckon. Silently, they orbit the Sun, waiting -Carl Segan

Xoran
Pioneer
Pioneer

04 Apr 2017 04:45

John Boone wrote:
Source of the post ok so i think it would be an interesting feature if you could spawn an outline of a real solar system object next to something else out in the universe

Post suggestions here, this thread only exists for displaying common suggestions :)
Space is too big to understand, so do not try to understand.