Ultimate space simulation software

spaceguy
Explorer
Explorer

Suggestions & Feedback about the Website and Forum

02 Mar 2017 17:47

tbh it kinda bothers me how big (and basically identical) volcanoes generally are and how they don't blend well into the surrounding environment.
also mountains don't blend well into the environment either, and they don't slim down as they branch.
just, a lot of features in general are so big they don't blend into the environment well. i guess it's compensation for the lack of detail?
pls.jpg
rivers.jpg
rivers running into the ocean are just so wide..big..and it doesn't look or feel right. no offense pls don't hurt me space engineer.
Y3S.jpg
i feel like it should look more like this
yee.png
yee.png (816.77 KiB) Viewed 4644 times
sasa.png
and
Image (too big to add ;-;)

i'm not sure if it's planned to fix it or not.
btw, will there be getting Io like planets/moons? I have not yet to see one besides a few molten worlds.
Last edited by spaceguy on 07 Mar 2017 21:07, edited 2 times in total.

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

02 Mar 2017 18:25

LOL it seems you also targeted the wrong thread :D  attachment code is nested I guess.
Anyway I think SpaceEngineer is well aware of these issues. To develop an algorithm for mimicking results of natural processes is awfully hard. When you reach good results on a local scale, you may end having unnatural structures at continental or planetary scale, and vice-versa.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |

spaceguy
Explorer
Explorer

02 Mar 2017 20:33

LOL it seems you also targeted the wrong thread :D  attachment code is nested I guess.
Anyway I think SpaceEngineer is well aware of these issues. To develop an algorithm for mimicking results of natural processes is awfully hard. When you reach good results on a local scale, you may end having unnatural structures at continental or planetary scale, and vice-versa.
‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎ I was so lazy I just didn't pay attention. whoops lol...
how do I fix the attachment bug, anyhow?

Xoran
Pioneer
Pioneer

03 Mar 2017 12:49

*** I was so lazy I just didn't pay attention. whoops lol...how do I fix the attachment bug, anyhow?
Try deleting the images (delete the thing with [text]image name stuff[text]) ;)
Space is too big to understand, so do not try to understand.

spaceguy
Explorer
Explorer

03 Mar 2017 17:50

*** I was so lazy I just didn't pay attention. whoops lol...how do I fix the attachment bug, anyhow?
Try deleting the images (delete the thing with [text]image name stuff[text]) ;)
I tried that and it didn't work. :(

Quarior
Pioneer
Pioneer
Location: Local Universe/Laniakea/Virgo SC/Local Group/Via Lactea/Orion–Cygnus Arm/Sol System/Gaia

04 Mar 2017 07:18

spaceguy, look the number of attachment (without guimet ("), it is for name turns green) :
[attachment=number]"Name of file.format"[/attachment]
Because even if your change the name of file, there aren't effect.
The first attachment it is 0 (in the top list) and the last it is number of attachment-1 (in the bottom list of attach).
If you add a attachment, the number for all attachment increases by 1, so you must update all the numbers.

So I think your code for your post is :
tbh it kinda bothers me how big (and basically identical) volcanoes generally are and how they don't blend well into the surrounding environment.
also mountains don't blend well into the environment either, and they don't slim down as they branch.
just, a lot of features in general are so big they don't blend into the environment well. i guess it's compensation for the lack of detail?

[attachment=4]pls.jpg][/attachment]

[attachment=3]sasa.png[/attachment]

rivers running into the ocean are just so wide..big..and it doesn't look or feel right. no offense pls don't hurt me space engineer.

[attachment=2]rivers.jpg[/attachment]

i feel like it should look more like this

[attachment=1]Y3S.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]yee.png[/attachment]

and
[url=http://imgur.com/a/LBbeU][img]http://imgur.com/a/LBbeU[/img][/url] (too big to add ;-;)

i'm not sure if it's planned to fix it or not.
btw, will there be getting Io like planets/moons? I have not yet to see one besides a few molten worlds.
[hr] The forums for foreign languages (other than English and Russian) will be soon ?
I say that because there has been an update at the level of the administrations (super moderator).
► Information

Xoran
Pioneer
Pioneer

05 Mar 2017 12:21

Why does all swearwords and words containing a swearword become exactly three asterisks, instead of the swearwords have all their letters made into aterisks? Also, the words i use to show what word got censored how have spaces between letters to fool the algorithm, and show you what happens to a swearword upon creation of a post :)
Example:
► Show Spoiler
I feel it should look more like this: :)
► Show Spoiler
Is it intentional?
Space is too big to understand, so do not try to understand.

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

05 Mar 2017 13:28

Are you really arguing that a bad words filter should waste lines of code by matching the length of the word it masks?
A bad word filter in place says to the poster "this is not allowed in forum", not "let's play a game". If the poster is willing enough to swear, well that's why human moderation exist.
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |

Watsisname
Science Officer
Science Officer

05 Mar 2017 18:02

It's also irrelevant, as we discourage the use of profanity here according to the Forum Rules.   I'll let this one slide, but please try to avoid it in the future.

DoctorOfSpace
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

05 Mar 2017 18:32

I updated the censored list, now it blanks out the word entirely.
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @5Ghz - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 - GPU: MSI RTX 40​90 GAMING ​TRIO 24G
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

amoebae
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

07 Mar 2017 11:45

I think perhaps I'm going bonkers or I'm ignoring what's staring me in the face, but I can't find an edit button on my posts. I didn't click preview before hitting submit and I want to go back and clear up an errant link that is out of place. Is there a way? If not, is it possible to add one?

Apologies if this has been covered somewhere else. I've only just joined and I've got a lot of threads to catch up with.

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

07 Mar 2017 13:37

amoebae, it's an anti-spam feature, you should unlock the edit button (a pen-like symbol at the top-right corner of a message of yours) after few more posts in existing threads, and other permissions as well.

DoctorOfSpace
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

07 Mar 2017 16:45

Not being able to edit posts seems like a silly idea, might change that.
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @5Ghz - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 - GPU: MSI RTX 40​90 GAMING ​TRIO 24G

amoebae
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

07 Mar 2017 22:01

amoebae, it's an anti-spam feature, you should unlock the edit button (a pen-like symbol at the top-right corner of a message of yours) after few more posts in existing threads, and other permissions as well.
Ah, okay, thank you. I'll try to be more careful in the meantime, and always preview my posts to avoid needing to edit.

@DoctorOfSpace - It is a bit of an oddity. I don't think I've encountered a restriction on editing posts when signing up to other forums, but if you think it's going to help avoid problem posting from some people maybe it's worth keeping. 

DoctorOfSpace
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

08 Mar 2017 01:02

I have never seen any issues with letting users edit their posts besides people double and triple posting which seems like a negative.