Ultimate space simulation software

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Suggestions & Feedback about the Website and Forum

30 Mar 2019 12:38

Yeah, I think it cannot be avoided: it's how the website card module behaves with 14 cards, which is not multiple of 3. To correct that, we should add content for another card.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |

Shevek
Observer
Observer

31 Mar 2019 05:13

Ah right, now I saw, that it is actually the same card.
I thought perhabs a card mentioning the big and creative online community of SE, but since it's under capabilities of the game, that will not fit

Stellarator
World Builder
World Builder

03 May 2019 19:39

Hey, erm, I'm having a weird problem.

Yesterday I had posted twice on the forum, once in the "Your Space Engine Videos" thread and once in the "Future of Humanity & Intelligent Life in the Universe" thread. When I checked in today both posts are missing and there is no history of them in my profile. What is going on? I'm am 99% sure that both were posted correctly because I later logged in and still saw them there in their respective threads. The only thing that I can think of that may have messed up the format is that I edited one of the posts to fix a spelling error I missed.

My questions are a): Is someone deleting my posts? If so, I would like to know why and if this continues at least give me a notification as to why those posts are so unpleasant that they need to be removed. As far as I know, they did not violate any forum rules that I am aware of and my writing contained no abusive or rude language (which is something I've never done on the forum). 

Or b): If my posts are not being deleted by another member, then what is going on? Is it because the forum is being overloaded and dumps data? If this is the case, I would hate to see a post that I put a lot of effort in writing (in say, the Science Q&A thread) to disappear. I might need to start writing my responses with word processor if this is the case.
Futurum Fusionem

JackDole
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

04 May 2019 02:10

Yesterday I had posted twice on the forum, once in the "Your Space Engine Videos" thread and once in the "Future of Humanity & Intelligent Life in the Universe" thread. When I checked in today both posts are missing and there is no history of them in my profile. What is going on? I'm am 99% sure that both were posted correctly because I later logged in and still saw them there in their respective threads. The only thing that I can think of that may have messed up the format is that I edited one of the posts to fix a spelling error I missed.
The website was broken and SpaceEngineer had to restore it from backup. That's why some posts are lost.
JackDole's Universe 0.990: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=546
JackDole's Archive: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=419
JackDole: Mega structures ... http://old.spaceengine.org/forum/17-3252-1 (Old forum)

Plofski
Observer
Observer

22 May 2019 10:57

I thought of making space engine more "lively", random ships flying everywere, ships that are mining and also stations around stars.

ChaosRobie
Observer
Observer

23 May 2019 00:33

The [url=http://forum.spaceengine.org/app.php/page/forum-rules]forum rules[/url] do not specify that 10 posts are required to quote or edit posts.

ChaosRobie
Observer
Observer

23 May 2019 00:37

Oh and apparently add url-linking to that as well. In fact, it's probably all [b]BBC[/b] [i]that[/i] [u]is[/u] hidden behind the restriction.

I'd love to edit the above post, but I've got only 6 posts. I'm forced to into double posting.

SquillionthPlanet
Observer
Observer

08 Jun 2019 14:58

Small complaint, probably heard before, I wish there was a like button or something so I don't have to quote someone and say "Wow, nice post!" or "I agree" or something. Again, not trying to be rude or anything.
From 'Short Space Boi™️'

liudiw
Observer
Observer

09 Jun 2019 07:19

Well, this might be a bit silly, but dark background and white font really kill my eyes! i can't read the website for more than two minutes, otherwise it's like i m blind when i look at somewhere else.

Is there any possibility to make the website more eye-friendly so that we can read without worrying about being blind?

by the way, Space Engine is the most amazing software i've ever seen, and too happy to get it on Steam, im very glad to pay a couple of hundreds bucks to buy it, hope the developers could get funded and do better job in the future.

Great work! i love it!

f2d
Observer
Observer

18 Aug 2019 17:54

A small typo in FAQ:
Q: Why is Vega binary, but 40 Eridani is solitary? Is it a bug?

A: This is not a bug. SpaceEngine currently has an incomplete catalog of binary stars, so it makes some real binary/multiple stars are still represented as a solitary. But you make contribute to the development of the program by making a script for a binary or multiple star which are not represented in SE.
→ But you may contribute (...)

Also, some links there look constantly white, same as normal text.
This can be fixed by replacing line 44 in common/css/custom_css.css file:
a, p a:hover{color:#fff;}
With this:
a:hover, .link:hover {color:#fff;}
But I'm not sure if this is a proper fix, or will break something else.
PC: years old Intel i7-4770, 32 GB RAM, Radeon RX 460, 4 GB VRAM, 2560x1440 (main) + 4k (secondary), Win7x64.

Salvo
Pioneer
Pioneer

24 Oct 2019 06:23

Hi,
once I forgot my password so I typed it a few times, and an "anti-robot" appeared with questions.
The problem is that everytime I log in (even if the password is correct) this question appears, and I have to type user and password again.
Is it a known issue? :)
The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 RAM: 8 GBs

longname
Pioneer
Pioneer
Location: ∞/The Multiverse/The Universe/Local Cluster/The Milky Way/Orion Arm/Sol System/Earth-Moon/Earth/UK

25 Oct 2019 16:02

Hi,
once I forgot my password so I typed it a few times, and an "anti-robot" appeared with questions.
The problem is that everytime I log in (even if the password is correct) this question appears, and I have to type user and password again.
Is it a known issue? :)
Suggestion, why not use ReCaptcha V3? It's much more convenient when logging in
Feedback, Dashlane doesn't pick up on the username part of the login window except when I'm redirected to the robocist anti-bot page.
[dah<500,26>dah<180,14>dah<180,21>dah<500,19>dah<180,26>dah<500,21>]

PlutonianEmpire
Pioneer
Pioneer

14 Nov 2019 03:09

Captcha, ReCaptcha, and all variants thereof, is pure evil. And it also likes to make things unnecessarily more difficult for mobile user tbh
Specs: STGAubron desktop PC; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060/PCIe/SSE2 12 GB Vram, Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz, 12 cpus; 32 GB RAM; Windows 11 x64

Salvo
Pioneer
Pioneer

22 Feb 2021 05:06

What about a new brand set of emoticons?  :)
I use them a lot and it would be nice to have some more, I found a site with a lot of free ones! https://www.hipsthetic.com/emoji-icon-sets/
The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 RAM: 8 GBs

HarbingerDawn
SE Team Member
SE Team Member

23 Feb 2021 14:57

What about a new brand set of emoticons?  :)
I use them a lot and it would be nice to have some more, I found a site with a lot of free ones! https://www.hipsthetic.com/emoji-icon-sets/
I'll change the emotes as soon as I figure out how.
Ryzen 7 3700X, 64 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, RTX 3090 24 GB VRAM
Posts on old forum: 8717