Page 48 of 88

General suggestions for SpaceEngine

Posted: 15 Sep 2017 13:29
by A-L-E-X
DoctorOfSpace wrote:
marscanwait wrote:
Source of the post if no say why please

Impossible

I would settle for plant life and birds flying in the sky :P  It would be interesting to see plants in colors other than green too and making multiple shadows in different colors on planets with multiple suns.
I haven't downloaded the Ultra planet paks but do they show large buildings on Earth (like Google Earth does) or any artificial structures at all?

General suggestions for SpaceEngine

Posted: 15 Sep 2017 13:36
by XBrain130
A-L-E-X wrote:
Source of the post It would be interesting to see plants in colors other than green too and making multiple shadows in different colors on planets with multiple suns.

Both of these are already implemented.

General suggestions for SpaceEngine

Posted: 15 Sep 2017 13:58
by A-L-E-X
XBrain130 wrote:
A-L-E-X wrote:
Source of the post It would be interesting to see plants in colors other than green too and making multiple shadows in different colors on planets with multiple suns.

Both of these are already implemented.

plants?! where? I haven't seen that anywhere and thought that was going to be implemented in a future version.

General suggestions for SpaceEngine

Posted: 15 Sep 2017 15:54
by XBrain130
A-L-E-X wrote:
XBrain130 wrote:
A-L-E-X wrote:
Source of the post It would be interesting to see plants in colors other than green too and making multiple shadows in different colors on planets with multiple suns.

Both of these are already implemented.

plants?! where? I haven't seen that anywhere and thought that was going to be implemented in a future version.

They are present, but only as colored patches on planets tagged as life-bearing.

General suggestions for SpaceEngine

Posted: 15 Sep 2017 17:29
by marscanwait
DoctorOfSpace wrote:
marscanwait wrote:
Source of the post if no say why please

Impossible

but can you say me were i can get textures of city lights? because i would like to put on a planet i discovered

General suggestions for SpaceEngine

Posted: 15 Sep 2017 18:02
by DoctorOfSpace
marscanwait wrote:
Source of the post but can you say me were i can get textures of city lights? because i would like to put on a planet i discovered

Make them, that is what I do.

General suggestions for SpaceEngine

Posted: 15 Sep 2017 18:26
by marscanwait
DoctorOfSpace wrote:
marscanwait wrote:
Source of the post but can you say me were i can get textures of city lights? because i would like to put on a planet i discovered

Make them, that is what I do.

but can you send a example? because texturing is not with me ;-;

General suggestions for SpaceEngine

Posted: 15 Sep 2017 19:15
by DoctorOfSpace
marscanwait, maybe I will write a tutorial eventually, it is on a to-do list I still haven't got around to doing

General suggestions for SpaceEngine

Posted: 16 Sep 2017 01:27
by A-L-E-X
DoctorOfSpace wrote:
marscanwait wrote:
Source of the post but can you say me were i can get textures of city lights? because i would like to put on a planet i discovered

Make them, that is what I do.

Doc I was hoping you would comment on my new build that I am going to have done by January.  Maybe instead I can download some of your efforts, it sounds like it'll be some nice additions to SE.
One thing I can't decide on- should I go for 8 GB or 16 GB of RAM? I've already picked the 4 GB video card on the list.

General suggestions for SpaceEngine

Posted: 16 Sep 2017 01:30
by A-L-E-X
XBrain130 wrote:
A-L-E-X wrote:
XBrain130 wrote:
Both of these are already implemented.

plants?! where? I haven't seen that anywhere and thought that was going to be implemented in a future version.

They are present, but only as colored patches on planets tagged as life-bearing.

I saw some weird multicolored markings on rocks and thought they were artifacts haha.
Maybe we can also have birds at some point, that would be nice to see.

What's the difference between planets marked as bearing "exotic life"  Is that inorganic life? And do they have the colored patches on those too- or something more exotic?

General suggestions for SpaceEngine

Posted: 16 Sep 2017 01:33
by A-L-E-X
Question, if we find a large body of water on a planet, is there a way to dive into the water or maybe even build a submarine to go into the water? And are there fish and plants down there, or is any of this planned in a future version?

General suggestions for SpaceEngine

Posted: 16 Sep 2017 02:10
by Mosfet
A-L-E-X wrote:
Source of the post is there a way to dive into the water

you mean like when you move your camera under the water?

General suggestions for SpaceEngine

Posted: 16 Sep 2017 02:44
by A-L-E-X
Mosfet wrote:
A-L-E-X wrote:
Source of the post is there a way to dive into the water

you mean like when you move your camera under the water?

You can do that?  I thought you could just go in the four directions of the arrow keys!

If you meant using the 2 key to go "down" it doesn't take you underwater, all it does is bring you back "across" 180 degrees to the opposite side to that which you were originally viewing.

As an aside, in lieu of compass points, is there any way to adjust your view by altitude-azimuth coordinates?  Or RA/Declination?  Maybe thru the console?

General suggestions for SpaceEngine

Posted: 16 Sep 2017 07:45
by Mosfet
A-L-E-X wrote:
Source of the post You can do that?  I thought you could just go in the four directions of the arrow keys!

See "Camera controls" in Controls menu (F8)

General suggestions for SpaceEngine

Posted: 16 Sep 2017 10:39
by Speedademon
Suggestion about spacecraft flights on future versions. Will It be possible to make interactable 3d cockpit(with clickable switches, knobs, levers, touchscreens) for spacecrafts?
This should work really well with VR.