Ultimate space simulation software

xingqiu1
Explorer
Explorer

General suggestions for SpaceEngine

02 Nov 2018 23:58

And the demonstration of this planetary ring and water shader is also amazing.
This is a link to the relevant shaders on Shadertoy.
https://www.shadertoy.com/view/4tjGRh
This is a video link recorded on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVrPhvfAXko
[youtube]VVrPhvfAXko[/youtube]
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

vlad01
Pioneer
Pioneer

03 Nov 2018 02:05

yes we need water like that!

Fuzzbutt043
Observer
Observer

03 Nov 2018 16:26

I think that it would be nice for Dwarf Galaxies to be polished up on. the Magellanic Clouds could use a major texture update, and maybe some more work could be put into procedurally generated galaxies to give them more dynamic dwarf galaxies and globulars.
People can never understand how big space is, and how small it is at the same time

SpaceHam
Observer
Observer

03 Nov 2018 18:51

Hi i just wanted to suggest that maybe you could improve on generating the terrain faster so that when you land on a planet it actually looks like you have landed but when it is generating it doesn't look realistic. Great Game though:)

SpaceHam
Observer
Observer

03 Nov 2018 18:53

One more thing is that Gas giants like Jupiter don't have a surface so maybe you could ad like really thick clouds that go really deep and then there is a core in the middle. Great game :D

SpaceEngineer
Author of SpaceEngine
Author of SpaceEngine
Topic Author

04 Nov 2018 09:46

Maybe, if SE had support for Xbox controls, I think I would still have problem with this -- but who knows?
SE has xbox controller support.

enioguedes
Observer
Observer

10 Nov 2018 16:43

The development of Space Engine is impressing me much, but my question is if there will be more variety of terrain generated. The land on current spaceengine appears to be very random on rocky planets. Look at Earth, Mars, Venus and Titan. Such worlds have very unique forms of lands or seas. I mean the form of continents. On the other hand, the continents on planets generated appear very similar each other. Spaceengine could have a type of generation code to allow the presence, in the same planet, of retangular, triangular, curved or even continents of irregular shape. I mean, more variety of kinds of continents on the same planet.

Example: A random planet with a continent similar to South America and another similar to Australia. It don't have to be equal to those continents, but more like a default setup. It could also allow you to draw custom surfaces, not just texture, but the relief itself. With that worlds in spaceengine will look more unique each other, not so similar.

I will give another example... mainfreq, marefreq and maredensity. Instead of marefreq and maredensity generate more cratered-like terrain (the program already has crater settings) mainfreq could be used to give more detail to the continents and relief themselves. Marefreq could be used to determine the amount of continents or plate tectonics. Maredensity could be used to increase the distance between lands, without lowering the terrain height, so that continents appear more genuine, like those on Earth. More codes would be necessary to add a more variety of shapes to islands and continents.

It could have a code to make continents more or less fragmented, maybe.

I just think the terrain generated on earth-like planets appear too generic.

GlorifiedPig
Observer
Observer

12 Nov 2018 03:26

Windows Mixed Reality support would be cooler. I'd like to see SpaceEngine in an even higher resolution than the Oculus, so that'd be pretty cool.
Developer

http://piggyis.pro/

Obscurium
Observer
Observer

19 Nov 2018 06:02

Beautiful and accurate Sagittarius A* visualization VR video from researches at Radboud University, The Netherlands and Goethe University.

https://phys.org/news/2018-11-virtual-r ... black.html

SpaceEngineer
Author of SpaceEngine
Author of SpaceEngine
Topic Author

19 Nov 2018 09:02

Wow indeed impressive!

Stellarator
World Builder
World Builder

19 Nov 2018 21:42

Yes, my home is rather beautiful.... 8-)
Futurum Fusionem

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

20 Nov 2018 02:46

Just dont get sucked into the black hole unless you hit just the right spot and are sucked into another part of the universe or a different universe altogether- that would be fun and exciting!

SantannaBR
Observer
Observer

28 Nov 2018 02:48

i think that the development can put SRV(Surface Recon Vehicle) into SE for more complete immerssiom experience!
https://t.me/pump_upp

longname
Pioneer
Pioneer
Location: ∞/The Multiverse/The Universe/Local Cluster/The Milky Way/Orion Arm/Sol System/Earth-Moon/Earth/UK

28 Nov 2018 16:41

Ok...my suggestion has to do with the fact not everyone likes of flying ships using Newtonian Physics: why I cannot fly a ship in the Free Mode? I never was able to learn how to fly a ship using the controls available in the game and the few tutorials on YouTube are too complicated to my taste.
You find flying ships is too complicated? Let me put this bluntly, this is the way it should be. Flying ships should be complicated. If you want, you can just switch to spacecraft mode, which makes the camera accelerate instead of setting speed. Other than that, play Rodina if you weren't looking to play with semi-realistic alicubierre warp drives and do Hohmann transfers. If you are inclined (Get it?) on learning about orbital mechanics, I recommend playing Kerbal Space Program or SimpleRockets 2. 
TL;DR: Don't get SpaceEngine if you're expecting intense sci-fi stuff.
[dah<500,26>dah<180,14>dah<180,21>dah<500,19>dah<180,26>dah<500,21>]

zhar22
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

01 Dec 2018 21:19

A gear suggestion for SE would be the ability to map within the engine, to be able to create lines between systems, tags that remain visible across LY and spheres of influence around stars, will anything like this ever be part?