Ultimate space simulation software

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

General suggestions for SpaceEngine

07 Jul 2021 02:06

Maybe. We don't know.

Relatively pointless.
Vlad said that he wants an H-R diagram in the program at some point, it would be useful to find stars in a field of view by clicking on a speck in the H-R diagram rather than having to tediously go through a field to find sunlike stars or extreme stars.  For example, I use the H-R diagram in SNPP to find the most luminous stars within a given field.
The program already includes the necessary datapoints for this (temperature [via the spectral type - which in the program always correspond to fixed temperatures] and luminosity) in the basic search results, so the only issues I guess are on the user interface end (and possibly the "within a given field of view" bit).
Yes, so for example, I really like globular clusters so when I am near one (let's use 47 Tucanae as an example because I go to that one a lot) I want to find the most luminous stars in it, the one with the most planets, etc.

longname
Pioneer
Pioneer
Location: ∞/The Multiverse/The Universe/Local Cluster/The Milky Way/Orion Arm/Sol System/Earth-Moon/Earth/UK

07 Jul 2021 14:42

I want to find the most luminous stars in it, the one with the most planets, etc.
Removing the maximum search radius and maximum list size would be helpful for this. I just want the star browser to progressively scan any area of space without cutting results or stopping at some arbitrary limit.
While we're on about the star browser, an import feature for star browser exported files would be nice.
[dah<500,26>dah<180,14>dah<180,21>dah<500,19>dah<180,26>dah<500,21>]

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

08 Jul 2021 06:20

I want to find the most luminous stars in it, the one with the most planets, etc.
Removing the maximum search radius and maximum list size would be helpful for this. I just want the star browser to progressively scan any area of space without cutting results or stopping at some arbitrary limit.
While we're on about the star browser, an import feature for star browser exported files would be nice.
Yes that would be amazing!  After you told me about the star browser I've been using it  a lot.  I do get disappointed because I like to be extremely selective in what I'm looking for and it cuts off at that arbitrary limit with no results.....  Then I have to broaden my criteria and then I do get more results, but then I have to manually use my own selection process by going through each system one by one.
I'd like to export star browser files too, I'm having to take screenshots of the results to explore them later, which is rather inconvenient.

longname
Pioneer
Pioneer
Location: ∞/The Multiverse/The Universe/Local Cluster/The Milky Way/Orion Arm/Sol System/Earth-Moon/Earth/UK

08 Jul 2021 06:50

I'd like to export star browser files too, I'm having to take screenshots of the results to explore them later, which is rather inconvenient.
You can already export them, but it's annoying browsing them through Notepad unable to sort the result. You can sort by size, has life, etc. and export each of them like that, but you have to open another file to then get that sorted-by-life list. It's just annoying, I'd like to import my exports into Star Browser so I can go back on my previous searches.

I am surprised you've been making thousands of posts here since 2017 and have never heard of the star browser. But I do have the same problem with having to broaden results, and I find it also relevant you can't browse by ESI. The player should be able to take and remove categories for arbitrary parameters, such as ESI and albedo. Anything used by SE when generating planets.

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

11 Jul 2021 04:38

I'm glad you drew my attention to it.  I just have one standard procedure (using the search function- magnify tool) and rarely strayed from it.  My bad lol.  My standard procedure is finding interesting stars from external lists and then looking them up by search function.  Like recently, I've been looking for the parent star for this superhabitable planet but haven't found the star or the planet anywhere; is this in SE?  Adding ESI would definitely help!

https://www.universetoday.com/148291/th ... han-earth/

So, are there any planets that meet the conditions!? It’s a solid…maybe. We can’t measure all these criteria from the distances we are observing with current technologies. We can’t, for example, yet determine if an exoplanet features active plate tectonics or hosts a moon. But we can measure the mass of an exoplanet, whether it orbits within the habitable zone, estimate its age, and classify the parent star. Scanning the 4000+ Kepler planets for superhabitable criteria, the authors find 24 terrestrial candidates that meet at least some of the conditions. 9 orbit K stars, 16 are between 5-18 billion years old, and 5 are within a 10 degree range of optimal temperature. Of the 24, ONE meets all the observable criteria, KOI 5715.01, which orbits a K class orange dwarf star roughly 3000 light years from Earth.

ForestGWolfy
Observer
Observer

20 Jul 2021 17:58

SPACECRAFTS IN SPACE ENGINE

I want this program to include current spacecraft including the Voyager 1 and 2, Pioneer 10 and 11,Mariner 9, New Horizons, Juno and many others.
Attachments
VGR-prelaunch.jpg
Voyager 1 before launch
VGR-prelaunch.jpg (175.07 KiB) Viewed 3187 times

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

20 Jul 2021 18:23

Steam version already has some of them available as workshop addons
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

22 Jul 2021 08:49

Thanks, Mosfet.  Do you know where I could find the two ships that recently launched into space (Branson and Bezos.)

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

22 Jul 2021 09:14

I guess whenever someone will take the time to port available models found online, if possible, they will be presumably available as workshop addons.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |

longname
Pioneer
Pioneer

22 Jul 2021 09:27

Thanks, Mosfet.  Do you know where I could find the two ships that recently launched into space (Branson and Bezos.)
How to Google for Things You Want

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

22 Jul 2021 09:52

lol I downloaded most of the ship add-ons from the workshop but could not find it there.  I did find and add Tesla's Roadster though ;)

Khorrah
Explorer
Explorer

22 Jul 2021 11:20

LOL
Hello, I LOVE lasagna and Space Engine. ♥

My Specs: Intel Core I5 12600K, Corsair Vengeance Pro SL 32GB, MSI Z690-A WIFI DDR4, GIGABYTE NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER 8G.

MessisUniverse
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

23 Jul 2021 03:38

just saying, i just think circumsellar/protoplanetary/debris disks around stars (not black holes or neutron star/white dwarf) would be nice. also some (fictious aesthetical) black hole sound (like in this video). i just think they will add to the atmosphere

MessisUniverse
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

27 Jul 2021 02:49

also better models for asteroids (just so it looks better). and (if you can) please add kexitt's textures for pluto (color modulated or modified) 
Last edited by MessisUniverse on 08 Aug 2021 07:00, edited 2 times in total.

harmonicGF3
Observer
Observer

28 Jul 2021 09:57

Orbiter Space Flight Simulator has been open sourced under MIT license : https://www.orbiter-forum.com/threads/o ... rce.40023/

This license allows to use the code even in commercial products, no permission required. Hopefully there's some code which can be integrated into the beautiful SpaceEngine!
Discord : supersonic71#4504