Ultimate space simulation software

Quarior
Pioneer
Pioneer
Location: Local Universe/Laniakea/Virgo SC/Local Group/Via Lactea/Orion–Cygnus Arm/Sol System/Gaia

General suggestions for SpaceEngine

02 Feb 2017 05:55

Is it possible to have possibility for the textures of the planets ? That is to say :
Surface
{
BumpMapNX "EarthLike/left.png"
BumpMapNY "EarthLike/down.png"
BumpMapRotationNY 180 //degrees
BumpMapNZ "EarthLike/back.png"
BumpMapPX "EarthLike/right.png"
BumpMapPY "EarthLike/up.png"
BumpMapPZ "EarthLike/front.png"
BumpTileSize 2048
}
But here in this example it "easy" but in harder like I recreate Azeroth (World of Warcraft), I have multiple folder and map it is in blp (I can convert in png) but map file it is in mapC_L (C : Column number, L : Line number) (example : map23_37). I no programmer So maybe it's impossible what I'm going to propose.
First, planets which use this method must have in addition to diff and bump files a file and/or component folder with the same sub-folder like bump map and diff map (I recommend using folder, I explain later).
For Azeroth, I have this :
  • Azeroth
    • Diff
      • Components.*
      • Known_world
        • Components.*
        • Northrend
          • mapC_L.*
        • Maestrom
          • mapC_L.*
        • Pandaria
          • mapC_L.*
        • Kalimdor
          • mapC_L.*
        • Eastern_Kingdows
          • mapC_L.*
    • Bump
      • Components.*
      • Known_world
        • Components.*
        • Northrend
          • mapC_L.*
        • Maestrom
          • mapC_L.*
        • Pandaria
          • mapC_L.*
        • Kalimdor
          • mapC_L.*
        • Eastern_Kingdows
          • mapC_L.*
    • CloudsDiff
      • Components.*
      • Known_world
        • Components.*
        • Maestrom
          • mapC_L.*
[/list]
For components files, color are RGB (256[sup]3[/sup] = 16 777 216 possibility) or RGBA (256[sup]4[/sup] = 4 294 967 296 possibility).
So you understand why I recommandes folder, there is more possibility also to be able to better edited the zone since as in the game World of Warcraft, the "continents" can move from place so it avoids any redecalled. I put just two sample files :
Components.* in folder principal
Azeroth_Know_world.png
Components.* in <Folder principal>/Know_world
Azeroth_Know_world.png (4.28 KiB) Viewed 7444 times
And in code, it is :
Surface
{
DiffMap "Azeroth/Diff"
DiffTileSize 256
DiffTileBorder 1
DiffFormat "map<C>_<L>.*" //C : Column number, L : Line number
DiffComponents
{
Folder "Azeroth/Diff"
Components
{
Color(1 1 1 1) //RGBA : (Color value)/255
Folder "Azeroth/Diff/Know_world"
Components
{
Color(1 1 1 1) //RGBA : (Color value)/255
Folder "Azeroth/Diff/Know_world/Northrend"
}
}
}
}
► Information

jasperhb
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

03 Feb 2017 19:22

Procedural surface composition? And maybe a less confusing planetary information export system?

blacktigerace
Observer
Observer

04 Feb 2017 09:02

thx admins for the very good simulator
i think i will gip my suggests for the next update ^^
1. save object, etc and the location : for complete the comparison system
1.1 comparison system : you know about system chart mode?, but its more different, user can places or displace other object, star systems, barycenter systems, globular, galaxies, and many more, so user can how the stat from all object they put on comparison system, like see how big alpha cent. compared to our sun, and comparing the temperature, and more
2. add colonies strategy games : i know its space simulator, have the universe systems, have the textures, and we can control and flying a spacecraft, but how about make space colony from other planet? star wars against other colonies (CPU, LAN players, online players [i know this feature need server, and need more money, you can decide it, users will still feel happy to if only can fight LAN or bots :v ]) and make allies from other colonies (bot / LAN player [if not connected to allies, the other allies planet's colonies is empty])?
2.1 if user have colonies, they still can control their spacecrafts, like landing, take off, go to war with chosen space craft, and attacking other spacecraft or buildings and choose other space craft while doing star wars or when just explore other star system or galaxies
2.2 trust me, you need spacecrafts can do orbits and warp system, use spacecraft only can do orbits or only can do warp system, make me feel annoyed :v
2.3 if you want implemented this feature, you need some modders and many suggest about the races, new spacecraft, buildings, game system, and many more, dont forgot adding human race :v
2.4 the races have different abilities, like different spacecraft fuel, different spacecraft form and stat (like human race have super mobility space craft and gondor [alien] race have good guns spacecraft, and more races), different buildings, and more
2.5 user can make new colonies or new base on other planets from any galaxies, any stars, any planets from what they found
but for beginning colonies, its from NPC planets (human on earth, gondor on alpha centauri B b) and NPC planet cannot be destroyed, or only can destroy the buildings on NPC planets, but the planets have unlimited HP, but who race get destroyed, they can spawn again on some minutes :V
3. add more realistic objects from real new observation
- its all my suggest, the graphic of this simulation is very super, my rate is 10/10 for this simulation
hope some of my suggests is implemented on the next update ^^
and sorry for bad english
__BlackTigerAce__
"^" WOT asia IGN
The Heavy Ace Tanker (heavy tanks type lover)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97w8BJXvbsc
My honor to all heroes who fight on WW II

blacktigerace
Observer
Observer

04 Feb 2017 09:04

oh i cant edit my post
CPU -> bot
__BlackTigerAce__
"^" WOT asia IGN
The Heavy Ace Tanker (heavy tanks type lover)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97w8BJXvbsc
My honor to all heroes who fight on WW II

XBrain130
Explorer
Explorer

05 Feb 2017 04:21

One relatively minor feature I would like to have added was partially procedural atmospheric composition, which would allow:
  • You just write the list of chemicals present in descending order of abundance and SE procedually generates their percentages
  • You give percentage for just some of them and SE distributes the unassigned partial pressure among the chemicals left without percents
It would make building atmospheres for addon worlds much easier IMO
SpaceEngine's Italian Discord server: https://discord.gg/NhQbEbC

Quarior
Pioneer
Pioneer
Location: Local Universe/Laniakea/Virgo SC/Local Group/Via Lactea/Orion–Cygnus Arm/Sol System/Gaia

05 Feb 2017 04:39

I would like in catalogs scripts :
SolarDay 24 //hours
Gravity 9.81 //m/s²
//GravityG 1 //g (= 9.81 m/s²)
And of course, Space Engine can calculate :
  • SolarDay with RotationPeriod and Period
  • Period with RotationPeriod and SolarDay if SemiMajorAxis don't put
  • RotationPeriod with SolarDay and Period
  • Mass with Radius and Gravity/GravityG
  • Radius with Mass and Gravity/GravityG
  • Gravity/GravityG with Mass and Radius
► Information

Xoran
Pioneer
Pioneer

05 Feb 2017 05:33

One relatively minor feature I would like to have added was partially procedural atmospheric composition, which would allow: You just write the list of chemicals present in descending order of abundance and SE procedually generates their percentages You give percentage for just some of them and SE distributes the unassigned partial pressure among the chemicals left without percents It would make building atmospheres for addon worlds much easier IMO
atmospherechart.png
It is probably not what you meant, and if it isn´t, sorry.

Also, it would be nice to have different titan types, depending on their hydrosphere (CO2 / carbon dioxide titan, CH4 / methane titan, and such) , and different wave types/sizes. Also, i found a desert with approximately 5k atm. pressure and i could still see the rings of the planet, which is not very realistic, as on Venus, with close to 5 % of the deserts atmospheric pressure, you would probably not be able to see rings if it had any.
Space is too big to understand, so do not try to understand.

XBrain130
Explorer
Explorer

05 Feb 2017 05:45

It is probably not what you meant, and if it isn´t, sorry.
It isn't indeed, I know atmospheric composition is already generated, bu currently you have to specify the percentage of each gas if you want a custom atmosphere, while I was proposing being allowed to add just the names
SpaceEngine's Italian Discord server: https://discord.gg/NhQbEbC

Xoran
Pioneer
Pioneer

05 Feb 2017 07:38

It isn't indeed, I know atmospheric composition is already generated, bu currently you have to specify the percentage of each gas if you want a custom atmosphere, while I was proposing being allowed to add just the names
Oh. But very nice idea :)

John Boone
Observer
Observer

05 Feb 2017 14:41

so i notice that light in space engine behaves rather oddly.

for instance, moons can still produce a moonlight effect onto their planets even from the night side, like so:

on-top of this, the light from stars appears to be generated from the exact center at that specific point, instead of the actual surface of the star being a light source, for example, planets in very tight orbits around massive stars have a clearly defined light and dark hemisphere, even if you can see the star clearly from half-way around the night side. it's not much of an issue except for these ultra-specific scenarios but the goal of this game is complete realism.
that said i do truly love this program and will continue to use it for years to come.
Maybe it’s a little early. Maybe the time is not quite yet. But those other worlds — promising untold opportunities — beckon. Silently, they orbit the Sun, waiting -Carl Segan

spaceguy
Explorer
Explorer

05 Feb 2017 22:50

so i notice that light in space engine behaves rather oddly.

for instance, moons can still produce a moonlight effect onto their planets even from the night side, like so:

on-top of this, the light from stars appears to be generated from the exact center at that specific point, instead of the actual surface of the star being a light source, for example, planets in very tight orbits around massive stars have a clearly defined light and dark hemisphere, even if you can see the star clearly from half-way around the night side. it's not much of an issue except for these ultra-specific scenarios but the goal of this game is complete realism.
that said i do truly love this program and will continue to use it for years to come.
are you sure you weren't just in a binary system?

gamadh
Astronaut
Astronaut

06 Feb 2017 18:37

check RSC 8474-10185-4-3595-2 B6, this is a bug? because here's a scorched titan, the hydrocarbons did not resist 
In such a hostile universe it is not necessary be the center to be special, just be alive

John Boone
Observer
Observer

06 Feb 2017 19:01

spaceguy: are you sure you weren't just in a binary system?
positive. i don't have to co-ordinates for that planet (it might still be in the journey log i'm not sure) but this is mostly noticeable in systems where a moon orbits particularly close to it's planet like it does here. the effect always appeared on the surface directly under the moon, this was a one star system.
Maybe it’s a little early. Maybe the time is not quite yet. But those other worlds — promising untold opportunities — beckon. Silently, they orbit the Sun, waiting -Carl Segan

Xoran
Pioneer
Pioneer

07 Feb 2017 08:31

check RSC 8474-10185-4-3595-2 B6, this is a bug? because here's a scorched titan, the hydrocarbons did not resist
It is a binary planet system, and the tidal forces between the titan and the other planet are immense, the previous planet from the star is a Cold gas giant (This game counts Jupiter as an cold gas giant), and the effective temperature (without tidal heating or greenhouse effect) of the titan is - 153.76. Also, you should post this in SE Object extremes or something like that, not General suggestions for Space Engine. Still amazing find :)

spaceguy
Explorer
Explorer

07 Feb 2017 20:27