Free planetarium

Quarior
Explorer
Explorer
Location: Local Universe/Laniakea/Virgo SC/Local Group/Via Lactea/Orion–Cygnus Arm/Sol System/Gaia

General suggestions for SpaceEngine

07 Oct 2017 08:28

Could we have a RotationOffset for Clouds tags because if we edit the RotationOffset of the planet, clouds layers don't follow the surface layer and for my mods is problematic because I create the texture of the clouds with paint.NET for that the cloud is precisely at this point and in Space Engine, it is unpacked. The only way for now would be that I change the RotationOffset of the planet but it would be more "synchronized" with the UTC time of the Earth (because in my case, the UTC time of the planet follows Earth's also has a 24-hour sidereal day).

PS : I don't know if it is a bug or is normal so I post this suggestion.

Starshines
Observer
Observer

09 Oct 2017 11:01

I would like to see more diversity in irregular galactic models as seen in Krexitt's galaxy mod. (Would be using it but it causes crashes for me) But I am also aware that this probably wont happen until galaxies are procedurally generated.

quarkburger
Observer
Observer

13 Oct 2017 15:53

I noticed a dull reflection of the sun on ice moons like Miranda. These moons have so much terrain... how would you get a reflection like that? The light should be scattered.

Beautiful sim though

XBrain130
Explorer
Explorer

14 Oct 2017 03:23

quarkburger wrote:
Source of the post how would you get a reflection like that?

Because they're made of ice, one of the most reflective materials in nature.
SpaceEngine's Italian Discord server: https://discord.gg/NhQbEbC

quarkburger
Observer
Observer

17 Oct 2017 05:31

XBrain130 wrote:
quarkburger wrote:
Source of the post how would you get a reflection like that?

Because they're made of ice, one of the most reflective materials in nature.

Sure... if the surface is smooth. I'm talking about moons with rough terrain though.

Mouthwash
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

17 Oct 2017 11:11

How about a planet generator? You specify the parameters and create the world you want. Would be fantastic for a future game similar to Spore's Galactic Adventures.

XBrain130
Explorer
Explorer

17 Oct 2017 11:32

Mouthwash wrote:
How about a planet generator? You specify the parameters and create the world you want.

How is that any different from the current way to mod planets?
SpaceEngine's Italian Discord server: https://discord.gg/NhQbEbC

Mouthwash
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

18 Oct 2017 00:29

XBrain130 wrote:
Mouthwash wrote:
How about a planet generator? You specify the parameters and create the world you want.

How is that any different from the current way to mod planets?

Because you could generate as many as you wanted and select the one you like best, it would be easier to avoid unrealistic designs and the terrain/continents would be generated according to your wishes.

Mosfet
World Builder
World Builder

26 Oct 2017 07:37

gamadh wrote:
beyondsight wrote:
gamadh wrote:
would it be possible to have a simpler option to add songs in SE?

Doesn't the music just need to be in .ogg format and added in the context file?

yes, but it is necessary to convert the file to .ogg, and this is complicated

it depends on the tools you have, just downloaded this and for a batch conversion it took me literally four mouse clicks.
https://www.freac.org/ GPL2 opensource audio converter and CD ripper
Ogg Vorbis is better than MP3 and license-free. Recently there was a change in licensing conditions for MP3, but I guess a fee is probably due anyway for using it in a game.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
My mods | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 4gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram | IRC freenode.net canale ##SpaceEngineITA

Mouthwash
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

30 Oct 2017 02:54

Dawn and dusk colors ought to have much larger areas! I can see blue skies on Mars, but only when the Sun is juuust peeking over the horizon (which according to pictures, isn't accurate). Earth is much better though.

Insanity
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

03 Nov 2017 19:28

Could we ever see Centaurs in SpaceEngine? I want to turn Nessus into the jungle it is in Destiny 2.

JSchreuderLemmer
Observer
Observer

08 Nov 2017 01:32

I have no idea if this was already suggested or even possible but wouldn't it be cool to have cave systems throughout some planets? Gives that extra variety.

Mosfet
World Builder
World Builder

08 Nov 2017 02:10

Currently it's in the TODO list
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
My mods | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 4gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram | IRC freenode.net canale ##SpaceEngineITA

FastFourierTransform
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

08 Nov 2017 02:14

JSchreuderLemmer wrote:
Source of the post I have no idea if this was already suggested or even possible but wouldn't it be cool to have cave systems throughout some planets? Gives that extra variety.

Welcome to the forum.
Your suggestion is in the TODO list of the developer as "Holes in the surface (caves, mines)". This means is in the plans for a future SpaceEngien release.
You can read the whole list here.

Please, when asking for a new feature first take a moment to read the TODO list and second do a search. It is important to keep the forum clean and not full of similar suggestions. On the other side if you think this feature is important for a more in depth discussion consider making a new thread.

JSchreuderLemmer
Observer
Observer

08 Nov 2017 04:48

FastFourierTransform wrote:
JSchreuderLemmer wrote:
Source of the post I have no idea if this was already suggested or even possible but wouldn't it be cool to have cave systems throughout some planets? Gives that extra variety.

Welcome to the forum.
Your suggestion is in the TODO list of the developer as "Holes in the surface (caves, mines)". This means is in the plans for a future SpaceEngien release.
You can read the whole list here.

Please, when asking for a new feature first take a moment to read the TODO list and second do a search. It is important to keep the forum clean and not full of similar suggestions. On the other side if you think this feature is important for a more in depth discussion consider making a new thread.

Oh sorry! I never knew that here was a TODO list.