Free planetarium

Mosfet
World Builder
World Builder

General suggestions for SpaceEngine

16 Sep 2017 07:45

A-L-E-X wrote:
Source of the post You can do that?  I thought you could just go in the four directions of the arrow keys!

See "Camera controls" in Controls menu (F8)
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
My mods | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 4gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram | IRC freenode.net canale ##SpaceEngineITA

Speedademon
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

16 Sep 2017 10:39

Suggestion about spacecraft flights on future versions. Will It be possible to make interactable 3d cockpit(with clickable switches, knobs, levers, touchscreens) for spacecrafts?
This should work really well with VR.
If we long to believe that the stars rise and set for us, that we are the reason there is a Universe, does science do us a disservice in deflating our conceits?
Carl Sagan

ARBB
Astronaut
Astronaut

17 Sep 2017 09:13

-New asteroid classification based on the Tholen system, and new classes for black holes based on mass. (Supermassive, Stellar, etc..)
 -Ship reflection of light and shadows on planetary surfaces.
S M OO T H RºCªMBºLºNE

A-L-E-X
World Builder
World Builder

17 Sep 2017 15:59

ARBB wrote:
 -New asteroid classification based on the Tholen system, and new classes for black holes based on mass. (Supermassive, Stellar, etc..)
 -Ship reflection of light and shadows on planetary surfaces.

I thought we already have classes for blackholes- charged, spinning, charged and spinning, neither.  I would like to see black hole classification listed in the Info panel though.

Mr. Abner
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

17 Sep 2017 23:42

How about making the "horizon" autopilot function for ships a toggle. Meaning that when on, you will fly "belly-down", but can can still use the prograde, retrograde, etc., orientations.

MrQuack123
Observer
Observer

18 Sep 2017 00:06

Make telescopes for 0.9.9.0 be able to generate light curve graphs from any object transiting a star (Whether it be an asteroid or a planet orbiting the star)

ARBB
Astronaut
Astronaut

18 Sep 2017 12:58

A-L-E-X wrote:
Source of the post I thought we already have classes for blackholes- charged, spinning, charged and spinning, neither.

Well A-L-E-X m8, I said "based on mass".
S M OO T H RºCªMBºLºNE

Votyn
Observer
Observer

19 Sep 2017 15:30

Haven't seen this suggested before; but a possible button that simply renders the current scene in max LOD in a resolution of your choice (by default, 4k, possibly) 
This would help the screenshotters (i.e. ME) to get more out of their scenes without having to manually set the resolution as 4k each time or forcing the computer to render high LOD live. Also, this means that slower machines would still be capable of making such pictures, albeit taking a slightly longer time to "render" said picture but still being able to.

I don't see why this would be difficult to add, either.
"What are you, made of pixels?" "No. I make pixels."
Ray Votyn - Administrator on the Space Engine Discord Server.

Mouthwash
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

23 Sep 2017 02:19

Maybe tidally locked gas giants should have some atmospheric shenanigans? Solid planets do.

Heath
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

23 Sep 2017 11:56

Can we get something to make the constellations show up like showing the lines that connect the starts which make up Orion or Taurus for example?

XBrain130
Explorer
Explorer

23 Sep 2017 13:10

Heath wrote:
Can we get something to make the constellations show up like showing the lines that connect the starts which make up Orion or Taurus for example?

well that would be a pretty useless feature outside of a few lightyears from the solar system. afaik most users like to roam the universe most of the time
SpaceEngine's Italian Discord server: https://discord.gg/NhQbEbC

CrosisBH
Observer
Observer

23 Sep 2017 14:32

How about a "first person" view on planets that give you the perspective of a human on planets. I want see in perspective how wide a river is or how large a mountain is.

ARBB
Astronaut
Astronaut

23 Sep 2017 14:51

CrosisBH, use the astronaut model for comparison.
S M OO T H RºCªMBºLºNE

Mosfet
World Builder
World Builder

23 Sep 2017 14:52

Heath wrote:
Source of the post Can we get something to make the constellations show up like showing the lines that connect the starts which make up Orion or Taurus for example?

It's in the TODO list, since it's a must for a planetarium software. It will be implemented in one of the future versions.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
My mods | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 4gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram | IRC freenode.net canale ##SpaceEngineITA

ARBB
Astronaut
Astronaut

23 Sep 2017 15:01

Since Space Engine is a education software, it would be nice if you could pass the marker on a piece of info a describe what is. For example:
 "Discovery method: transit" - "The transit disovery method is when telescopes measure the fluctuations of brightness of a star in extended periods of time to see a planet passing in front of it".

"CH4" - "Methane".

"ESI" - "Earth Similarity Index".

And so on.
S M OO T H RºCªMBºLºNE