Ultimate space simulation software

XBrain130
Explorer
Explorer

General suggestions for SpaceEngine

21 Nov 2017 19:19

longname, the relativit law suppose to: When the object, or people, move trought the universe next the light speed, can't see anything, because the light is the instantanily speed and impossible to move more fast than it. Than, walk in this speed, is the same to walk instantanily thought the universe... And this losted time could for example, be losted in any walk in a percent next the light-speed...
you are still making no sense. sorry, but your English is terrible.
SpaceEngine's Italian Discord server: https://discord.gg/NhQbEbC

longname
Pioneer
Pioneer
Location: ∞/The Multiverse/The Universe/Local Cluster/The Milky Way/Orion Arm/Sol System/Earth-Moon/Earth/UK

22 Nov 2017 10:54

longname, the relativit law suppose to: When the object, or people, move trought the universe next the light speed, can't see anything, because the light is the instantanily speed and impossible to move more fast than it. Than, walk in this speed, is the same to walk instantanily thought the universe... And this losted time could for example, be losted in any walk in a percent next the light-speed...
I think XBrain130 is trying to say: When you move through the universe at light speed, doppler effect infinitely blueshifts your forward perspective and infinitely redshifts your backwards perspective. Also, lorentz contraction makes travel across the universe instantaneous.
And this losted time could for example, be losted in any walk in a percent next the light-speed...
I have no idea what that means.  :?:
[dah<500,26>dah<180,14>dah<180,21>dah<500,19>dah<180,26>dah<500,21>]

XBrain130
Explorer
Explorer

22 Nov 2017 11:19

I think XBrain130 is trying to say: When you move through the universe at light speed, doppler effect infinitely blueshifts your forward perspective and infinitely redshifts your backwards perspective. Also, lorentz contraction makes travel across the universe instantaneous.
And this losted time could for example, be losted in any walk in a percent next the light-speed...
I have no idea what that means.  :?:
If that's what they mean... what's even the point of implementing that in a disembodied camera of planetarium mode??? it would only make casual exploration boring and impractical

longname
Pioneer
Pioneer
Location: ∞/The Multiverse/The Universe/Local Cluster/The Milky Way/Orion Arm/Sol System/Earth-Moon/Earth/UK

22 Nov 2017 13:33

disembodied camera
Sorry, I don't know what you mean by that.
[dah<500,26>dah<180,14>dah<180,21>dah<500,19>dah<180,26>dah<500,21>]

XBrain130
Explorer
Explorer

22 Nov 2017 14:32

disembodied camera
Sorry, I don't know what you mean by that.
I mean how when the player is not piloting a ship, they're incorporeal. It's basically God Mode, so it makes zero sense applying relativistic effects on it.

aFinapple
Astronaut
Astronaut

23 Nov 2017 13:19

It would be cool to add in the Star Search panel the option to search for a planets atmospheric composition, like 70% O2 and 30% N2, etc 
"You're capable of such beautiful dreams, and such horrible nightmares. You feel so lost, so cut off, so alone, only you're not. See, in all our searching, the only thing we've found that makes the emptiness bearable, is each other.”- Carl Sagan

Maurício Cruz
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

23 Nov 2017 16:09

-
Yes... have this...  :(
If that's what they mean... what's even the point of implementing that in a disembodied camera of planetarium mode??? it would only make casual exploration boring and impractical
Is a idea to a future game, but if the majority like the actual option, great.
Attachments
Nave de dobra.png
Pluto taught us at least how creative the universe could be (DOCUMENTARY)

gamadh
Astronaut
Astronaut

27 Nov 2017 16:12

Is it possible to astronomically exist crystalline planets?if Yes it would be nice to see it in SE
In such a hostile universe it is not necessary be the center to be special, just be alive

FastFourierTransform
Pioneer
Pioneer

28 Nov 2017 03:14

Is it possible to astronomically exist crystalline planets?
Well, there is this planet sized object made of diamond (a crystalline form of carbon). It's the remnant of a very old white dwarf (the gravity compresed the carbon and made all that diamond). The problem is that it's not a pure diamond, you still have a crust made of other elements. But hey!, if Mercury got stripped its crust by a planetary impact why not an object like this? Maybe in that way you would have an exposed core of just... diamond orbiting a star.

But don't think about it as a very exotic object from afar. "Crystalline" doesn't mean transparent nor shiny.

SpaceEngineer
Author of SpaceEngine
Author of SpaceEngine
Topic Author

29 Nov 2017 04:09

It would be cool to add in the Star Search panel the option to search for a planets atmospheric composition, like 70% O2 and 30% N2, etc 
http://spaceengine.org/news/blog170926/

Irolokirt
Astronaut
Astronaut

29 Nov 2017 14:51

if ther isn't or it isn't planned for the next version would be very useful the possibility to select more object togheder and see the corrispondent tag , also the possibility to track routes and borders all this for give at the game more tools for make mor easy the exploration
sorry for the bad english ;)

nsgallup
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

29 Nov 2017 21:32

This has probably been suggested already, but it would be cool if Space Engine had a built in method of exporting screenshots of higher resolution.

JackDole
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

30 Nov 2017 05:12

This has probably been suggested already, but it would be cool if Space Engine had a built in method of exporting screenshots of higher resolution.
This is already possible. You can set the resolution in the window mode greater than the desktop resolution.

For example 3200 x 1800. (My desktop resolution is 1600 x 900.)
scr00025.jpg
JackDole's Universe 0.990: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=546
JackDole's Archive: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=419
JackDole: Mega structures ... http://old.spaceengine.org/forum/17-3252-1 (Old forum)

Spinecone
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

30 Nov 2017 06:54

Speaking of nebulae, would it be a decent suggestion to also add generated emission nebula around WR (and possibly future LBV's) stars? Sinc they're known to expel gas and make their own nebula, a good example is Thor's helmet nebula

nsgallup
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

30 Nov 2017 09:45

This is already possible. You can set the resolution in the window mode greater than the desktop resolution.

For example 3200 x 1800. (My desktop resolution is 1600 x 900.)
scr00025.jpg
It isn't the easiest, and often crashes my computer. What I mean is a button that you could just press for "export as 8K screenshot" or something like that.