Ultimate space simulation software

spaceguy
Explorer
Explorer

General suggestions for SpaceEngine

07 Jul 2017 14:21

My suggestion is that spaceships have interior. Something similar to first person, but with a lot details. Current Space Engine doesn't have concept of space and time for spaceships. Like, if I would advance time, spaceships would stay there as before. I know that this is going to be fixed in future, but I just want to point it here. I also posted on spaceships threat that I often use spaceships and suggested there this. Anyway, this is my suggestion for spaceships. :D
This feature will likely be added when Space Engine is finished and the planned game is made from it.

Marko S.
Explorer
Explorer

07 Jul 2017 14:34

My suggestion is that spaceships have interior. Something similar to first person, but with a lot details. Current Space Engine doesn't have concept of space and time for spaceships. Like, if I would advance time, spaceships would stay there as before. I know that this is going to be fixed in future, but I just want to point it here. I also posted on spaceships threat that I often use spaceships and suggested there this. Anyway, this is my suggestion for spaceships. :D
This feature will likely be added when Space Engine is finished and the planned game is made from it.
Yeah, I know. I just wanted to point it out because I often use spaceships. If you read my previous post here, you can see that I wrote for suggestions that you need to be really creative to suggest something that is not on TO DO list. :)
Specs: Ram: 8gb | Vram: 1gb | Graphics card: AMD Radeon | Hard-drive: 1tb | Processor: AMD Athlon X4 750 Quad Core Processor | CPU: 3.40 GHz | OS: Win 10 and XP (lol) |
We use time just to orientate through space.

spaceguy
Explorer
Explorer

07 Jul 2017 14:41

Yeah, I know. I just wanted to point it out because I often use spaceships. If you read my previous post here, you can see that I wrote for suggestions that you need to be really creative to suggest something that is not on TO DO list. :)
1. You're not a moderator nor an administrator. You have no ability to set rules for a thread you haven't even made yourself.
2. I know you're pointing it out, I'm just telling you that Space Engineer is likely planning it.

Marko S.
Explorer
Explorer

07 Jul 2017 14:50

1. You're not a moderator nor an administrator. You have no ability to set rules for a thread you haven't even made yourself.
2. I know you're pointing it out, I'm just telling you that Space Engineer is likely planning it.
1. I didn't say that I am moderator and that I crated rules. 
2. I never said that hyperlink that I typed is mine. If that's what your meant.
3. I know rules and my position on this forum. I don't know is this is normal conversation or some sort of argument!? 
Overall, I know what is planned and what isn't. I am saying that this feature should be implemented soon or when Vladimir had predicted.
Specs: Ram: 8gb | Vram: 1gb | Graphics card: AMD Radeon | Hard-drive: 1tb | Processor: AMD Athlon X4 750 Quad Core Processor | CPU: 3.40 GHz | OS: Win 10 and XP (lol) |

spaceguy
Explorer
Explorer

07 Jul 2017 14:57

3. I know rules and my position on this forum. I don't know is this is normal conversation or some sort of argument!? 
Overall, I know what is planned and what isn't. I am saying that this feature should be implemented soon or when Vladimir had predicted.
The way you worded yourself makes it seem like you're some kind of authority, i.e a moderator/administrator.
"You can see that I wrote for suggestions that you need to be really creative to suggest something". Due to language differences I can see how you didn't mean to come off that way. But even so, there's no rule saying that you cannot post a suggestion if it's not creative. How do you even gauge someone's creativity objectively? That's nonsensical.

Didn't mean to argue with you but you came off extremely rude and condescending.

Space Engineer will update during his own time through this priorities. Don't nag him with suggestions and tell him he needs to do them soon.

Marko S.
Explorer
Explorer

07 Jul 2017 15:02

The way you worded yourself makes it seem like you're some kind of authority, i.e a moderator/administrator.
"You can see that I wrote for suggestions that you need to be really creative to suggest something". Due to language differences  I can see how you didn't mean to come off that way. But even so, there's no rule saying that you cannot post a suggestion if it's not creative. How do you even gauge someone's creativity objectively? That's nonsensical.

Didn't mean to argue with you but you came off extremely rude and condescending.
You understood me wrong. I meant that my previous post was saying about creativity of suggestions. That someone has to be really creative to suggest nice idea that isn't on TODO list. I hope that now everything is clear. Sorry if I caused any problem. There has been misunderstanding. And the way you typed 1,2 seems like you want to argue. xD Of you scroll back pages, you can see my post. :)

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

07 Jul 2017 15:19

Marko S., lots of non-english natives here, don't worry. :)
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |

spaceguy
Explorer
Explorer

07 Jul 2017 15:26

"You can see that I wrote for suggestions that you need to be really creative to suggest something". Due to language differences  I can see how you didn't mean to come off that way. But even so, there's no rule saying that you cannot post a suggestion if it's not creative. How do you even gauge someone's creativity objectively? That's nonsensical.

You understood me wrong. I meant that my previous post was saying about creativity of suggestions. That someone has to be really creative to suggest nice idea that isn't on TODO list. I hope that now everything is clear. Sorry if I caused any problem. There has been misunderstanding. And the way you typed 1,2 seems like you want to argue. xD Of you scroll back pages, you can see my post. :)
Yeah I know what you meant but it's still wrong. I didn't want to argue, but the way you came off annoyed me. Anyway, it's alright it happens. I now know you didn't mean to sound rude. ;P

Marko S.
Explorer
Explorer

07 Jul 2017 16:03

Yeah I know what you meant but it's still wrong. I didn't want to argue, but the way you came off annoyed me. Anyway, it's alright it happens. I now know you didn't mean to sound rude. ;P
Well, I am sorry. I don't know what is wrong with this. I just suggested something like everybody does. And your response of list just made me think that you want to make me sound stupid in some way. Glad that is over......

spaceguy
Explorer
Explorer

07 Jul 2017 16:41

Well, I am sorry. I don't know what is wrong with this. I just suggested something like everybody does. And your response of list just made me think that you want to make me sound stupid in some way. Glad that is over......
I wasn't trying to make you sound stupid. I was trying to inform you that Space Engineer probably is already planning to do your suggestions but just not now because he's still developing the engine. Sorry if I sounded rude to you. ;X

Marko S.
Explorer
Explorer

07 Jul 2017 16:47

I wasn't trying to make you sound stupid. I was trying to inform you that Space Engineer probably is already planning to do your suggestions but just not now because he's still developing the engine. Sorry if I sounded rude to you. ;X
Thanks for understanding! Now I feel much better. I joined 5 days ago so I still need to adapt to people. I wanted to join when this new site was launched back in 2016. But I felt like, I am going to join later, well this is my later xD.

TypicalPerson
Astronaut
Astronaut

My suggestions for SE

08 Jul 2017 03:08

New supported mass units
You should be able to enter a body's mass in kg. Would most likely be used for asteroids.

Here's how'd you'd do it:
Asteroid "Test asteroid"
{
         ParentBody  "Sun"
         Class       "Asteroid"

MassKg      9.321e17
         // other parameters blah blah blah
}
Most asteroids would have their mass displayed in kilograms.

Another mass unit could be Milky Way masses (M[sub]mw[/sub]). This would be used to display the masses of galaxies. Yes, I do know that SE doesn't display the mass of galaxies, that should be added as well. You could choose to display galaxy masses in solar masses or Milky Way masses.

XBrain130
Explorer
Explorer

My suggestions for SE

08 Jul 2017 03:28

TypicalPerson:
You should be able to enter a body's mass in kg.
This is possible already in the beta.
SpaceEngine's Italian Discord server: https://discord.gg/NhQbEbC

TypicalPerson
Astronaut
Astronaut

My suggestions for SE

08 Jul 2017 06:19

XBrain130 oh. Didn't know about that, haha.

HarbingerDawn
SE Team Member
SE Team Member

08 Jul 2017 08:21

TypicalPerson, your post could have been made here.
Ryzen 7 3700X, 64 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, RTX 3090 24 GB VRAM
Posts on old forum: 8717