Intergalactic stars!

16 Dec 2018 18:47

FAntastic addon. Thank you.

N3cronium
Astronaut
Astronaut

Intergalactic stars!

16 Dec 2018 21:33

Good addon, at least exploring around the Milky Way doesn't feel as empty now.

FastFourierTransform
Pioneer
Pioneer

Intergalactic stars!

07 Sep 2019 12:46

I've added 46 new "interstellar stars" to the addon. Now there are 74 catalogued stars around the Milky Way, 25 of them beyond 400.000 light years in distance. This is still a small number, but it has been predicted that thousands of them might be discovered in the first 3 years of LSST surveys so this addon will continue to grow by manual addition of objects until that moment when I will just automate the process.

You can find the addon in this post.

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

Intergalactic stars!

11 Sep 2019 17:20

I've added 46 new "interstellar stars" to the addon. Now there are 74 catalogued stars around the Milky Way, 25 of them beyond 400.000 light years in distance. This is still a small number, but it has been predicted that thousands of them might be discovered in the first 3 years of LSST surveys so this addon will continue to grow by manual addition of objects until that moment when I will just automate the process.

You can find the addon in this post.
I wish there was a way to have it automatically added to SE!

IC 1101 IC
Observer
Observer

Re: Intergalactic stars!

14 May 2023 19:22

I feel like I want to expand the mod, but I do not know how to read scientific data.

IC 1101 IC
Observer
Observer

14 May 2023 19:35

Here are 2 stars I created.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/94e67fbb ... 4_.sc/file

and

https://www.mediafire.com/file/53tyztr3 ... 19.sc/file

These could be innacurate since I do not know how to read scientific data on a "level 2".
Source: https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.3 ... aaad02/pdf

Jellyman
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

16 May 2023 14:42

This would be cool.
"We, as planetary scientists and astronomers, do not agree with the IAU's definition of a planet, nor will we use it. A better definition is needed."

—Over 300 planetary scientists, Prague 2006

IC 1101 IC
Observer
Observer

16 May 2023 19:16

This would be cool.
If SE already had these stars? in that case yeah, especially if Intergalactic star generation is implemented into the game for procedural stars.

Jellyman
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

17 May 2023 12:40

This would be cool.
If SE already had these stars? in that case yeah, especially if Intergalactic star generation is implemented into the game for procedural stars.
Yes, exactly. They’re kind of like “rogue stars”, parallel to rogue planets.
"We, as planetary scientists and astronomers, do not agree with the IAU's definition of a planet, nor will we use it. A better definition is needed."

—Over 300 planetary scientists, Prague 2006

Algebar
Observer
Observer

02 Jun 2023 07:57

Witam
Jestem tutaj nowy. Kosmiczny silnik bardzo mi się spodobał (spędziłem w nim ponad 130 godzin w tym miesiącu). Muszę przyznać, że to najlepszy program do wizualizacji wszechświata jaki widziałem. Mam jednak jeden problem. Kiedy przeglądam informacje na temat młodych proceduralnych gwiazd, wydaje mi się, że ich metaliczność jest za niska. Młode, masywne gwiazdy zawierają więcej pierwiastków cięższych od helu niż te stare, mniej masywne gwiazdy. Dlaczego więc te młode gwiazdy mają tak niską metaliczność?

IC 1101 IC
Observer
Observer

03 Jun 2023 14:45

Witam
Jestem tutaj nowy. Kosmiczny silnik bardzo mi się spodobał (spędziłem w nim ponad 130 godzin w tym miesiącu). Muszę przyznać, że to najlepszy program do wizualizacji wszechświata jaki widziałem. Mam jednak jeden problem. Kiedy przeglądam informacje na temat młodych proceduralnych gwiazd, wydaje mi się, że ich metaliczność jest za niska. Młode, masywne gwiazdy zawierają więcej pierwiastków cięższych od helu niż te stare, mniej masywne gwiazdy. Dlaczego więc te młode gwiazdy mają tak niską metaliczność?
This again might vary from version to version but if this seems to be a general issue across all versions, then some source years ago that SE uses for its realistic generation that says "The data is conclusive, younger stars tend to have a lower metallicity then older stars", then that might be the issue.

Translated into Polish

Może się to różnić w zależności od wersji, ale jeśli wydaje się, że jest to ogólny problem we wszystkich wersjach, to jakieś źródło sprzed lat, którego SE używa do realistycznego generowania, które mówi: "Dane są rozstrzygające, młodsze gwiazdy mają tendencję do niższej metaliczności niż starsze gwiazdy", to może to być problem.

Sorry if the translation does not makes sense in some areas.