Ultimate space simulation software

Dr. Kaii
Explorer
Explorer
Topic Author

Brightness Equalizer and Visible Distance Limit?

01 Apr 2017 17:21

Hi, 

I have a double feature request that will go very well with the upcoming VR features, as well as general use in helping to visualise the scale/density of stars, and will find a nice home next to "apparent magnitude limit" - 

A "visible distance" limit, effecitvely allowing you to create a sphere of visible stars at any distance. To go with this, a "star brightness equaliser" would be fantastic too, so you could see T class brown dwarfs as easily as brighter stars, so you can get a true feel of the density of stars around you.

If you have in the data somewhere a "local star density" variable (e.g. stars per 10 cubic light years), having it visible in the stats menu would be FANTASTIC too.

Thanks!

Dr. Kaii
i9 9900K - 5.0MHz, Palit 2080Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000MHz, Vive Pro

Xoran
Pioneer
Pioneer

02 Apr 2017 01:35

If you have in the data somewhere a "local star density" variable (e.g. stars per 10 cubic light years), having it visible in the stats menu would be FANTASTIC too.
Do you mean "star browser" with stats menu? If i am not mistaken there is no "stats menu"
Also, can't you just use the star browser to see for example "there are 28 stars in a 10 ly radius of me" by not specifying any criteria? :)
Space is too big to understand, so do not try to understand.

Dr. Kaii
Explorer
Explorer
Topic Author

02 Apr 2017 02:28

This is what I meant about the stats menu. I guess you could indeed use the star browser to look at it, nice idea. Still having it as a stat that's just readable on the fly might be nice, if it is possible. I think my first two requests in this thread would be more important in general though.
i9 9900K - 5.0MHz, Palit 2080Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000MHz, Vive Pro