Ultimate space simulation software

SpaceEngineer
Author of SpaceEngine
Author of SpaceEngine
Topic Author

Spellcheck of the SE website

11 Feb 2017 15:31

As many of you know, I am a Russian, so English is not my native language, so SE website may has some grammar errors. If you are native English speaker, had 'A' mark at English in school, and want to contribute, this thread for you. HarbingerDawn and DoctorOfSpace are helping me in this, but we need more help...

To simplify work, I will upload a page source code by a request. Please ask here for a page you want to fix, and I will attach the html file. You can open it with some editor (Notepad++ has a syntax highlight) and go through it fixing the language. But please don't break the html tags. You may check the code on this site: copy/paste html code to the corresponding window, and this code to CSS:
► Show Spoiler
If you will see broken formatting or a large coloured blocks, them you seems broke something. Note that this site CMS uses some pseudocode on pages, which looks like this: [vc_column][no_accordion active_tab="1"], don't break this too.

Also, to simplify/speedup the work, you may cooperate with other users. Split the file to several parts and fix them separately.

Because the forum is large now, and I have no time to read through all threads, I may not respond during weeks. But if you refer my name in your post (press on my nickname and choose 'Refer by username'), I will be notified by the forum what someone need my attention (the bell icon on the top of the page).

SpaceEngineer
Author of SpaceEngine
Author of SpaceEngine
Topic Author

Spellckeck of the SE website

11 Feb 2017 15:34

Lets start with a newly added SE 0.981 scenario scripts tutorial:
html.zip
(68.57 KiB) Downloaded 406 times
Forum doesn't allow to attach html by security reasons, so I changed extension to txt.

Other tutorials are here:
Scenario scripts 0981 ENG.txt
(90.92 KiB) Downloaded 437 times

Dr. Kaii
Explorer
Explorer

12 Feb 2017 13:46

This page describes the new functionality introduced in the upcoming SpaceEngine 0.981, which has not been released yet.
This manual describes how to make a scenario scripts in SpaceEngine. Before continuing, it is recommended to that you read this manual: 

Introduction
SPACEENGINE CONSOLE AND *.SE FILES
SpaceEngine 0.981 introduced a new type of files – *.se. It is   a scenario script files, which contains a code which that is could be executed by SpaceEngine. A great example of what scenarios are capable to is are the Tutorials, introduced in 0.981. The default location for *.se files is data/scripts/ or addons/*/scripts/ folder. You can run *.se files from SpaceEngine by opening the console ([~] key by default) and typing this command:

Code
run filename

If the file filename.se exists in the mentioned folders, it will be executed. Another way to run *.se files is by passing them to SpaceEngine’s executable through command line arguments. The best way to do that is to associate the *.se extension with SpaceEngine.exe in your system. In that case, double-clicking on the file will launch SpaceEngine and order it to execute the scenario script. If SpaceEngine is already running, this running instance will execute the script.
All commands could can be executed in the ‘direct mode’ by typing them in the console, or executing them from a *.se script file. Commands and most of their parameters are not case-sensitive, but string constants such as names of GUI widgets and names of triggers are case-sensitive.
Some commands can have (or even must have) an additional parameters, provided in the curved braces block (i.e. that those commands are actually tags). Example:

CodeGoto
{

Time 5.5
Dist 25000
}

Additional parameters could can be typed in a single row:
CodeGoto { Time 5.5 Dist 25000 } Using the single-row style sometimes makes the script code more compact and easy to read and understand.
All commands are split in a groups according to their functions. Unroll the blacks below to read details.
i9 9900K - 5.0MHz, Palit 2080Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000MHz, Vive Pro

Dr. Kaii
Explorer
Explorer

12 Feb 2017 13:48

I will work my way through each section over the next couple of days and it will be perfect. 

(if you want to make me a beta tester as a reward, I'd very much like that :) if not, don't worry I will still do it, because I love to contribute to this)

Dr. Kaii
Explorer
Explorer

12 Feb 2017 15:25

SCRIPT CONTROL COMMANDS

Run
Runs a *.se script. It is possible to run one script from another, up to 16 nested calls is are allowed. This is useful to execute some common sets of commands, or to add a camera spline path from another script file (see the Camera spline path chapter for details). Syntax:
Run filename – executes the filename.se script file located in the data/scripts/ or addons/*/scripts/ folder.
Run “path/filename.sc” – executes the script file located at the provided path. Path is relative to SpaceEngine’s folder.
Break
Interrupts the currently executed script. If there was were multiple scripts running, they all will will all be interrupted. Used primarily in direct mode (from the console) to break the script, but could can be called from the *.se file. Syntax:
Break
Wait
Delays script execution by specified time in seconds. Syntax:
Wait 3.5 – delays script by 3.5 seconds.
This is one of the most usable useful commands in SE scripting. You will use it a lot, after many commands, which requires delays before the next command. For example, when you calling the Goto command with parameter Time 10 (duration of the flight – 10 seconds), you probably want to follow it by the Wait 10 to delay the script execution until the Goto command completes.
CheckVersion
Checks if the current version of SpaceEngine corresponds to the version number provided in the command. If not, the following error message will be displayed to the user: “This script was designed for a different version of SpaceEngine. It cannot be run in the current version, sorry”. Syntax:
CheckVersion 981 – for SE version 0.981
LessonName
Sets the name of a the current tutorial lesson (chapter). Used only in tutorials, the name of the lesson is displayed in the Tutorials menu. Syntax:
LessonName “Introduction”
LessonComplete
Signals that the specified tutorial lesson is complete. Used only in tutorials, marks the specified lesson as ‘complete’, which unlocks the next lesson in the Tutorials menu. Syntax:
LessonComplete “Introduction”

Dr. Kaii
Explorer
Explorer

12 Feb 2017 15:31

As you can see, I didn't read your instructions. I'll try and work through the whole thing, but if the other people working on it could tell me what sections they are doing, I can do the rest

Xoran
Pioneer
Pioneer

13 Feb 2017 05:37

SpaceEngineer, you spelled the word "spellcheck" wrong in the title of this topic :) I am afraid i cannot help very much though, English is not my native language :( But i really want to help.
Space is too big to understand, so do not try to understand.

problemecium
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

14 Feb 2017 14:22

^ I was going to point that out myself but I was afraid it was a practical joke and I didn't want to be the first one to fall for it xD
ᴩʀoʙʟᴇᴍᴇᴄɪᴜᴍ﹖

SpaceEngineer
Author of SpaceEngine
Author of SpaceEngine
Topic Author

15 Feb 2017 05:40

LOL Dr. Kaii :) Anyway, thanks for help!

Dr. Kaii
Explorer
Explorer

15 Feb 2017 06:38

LOL Dr. Kaii :) Anyway, thanks for help!
Hey at least with my one you can learn and improve your grammar ;)

SpaceEngineer
Author of SpaceEngine
Author of SpaceEngine
Topic Author

16 Feb 2017 03:19

Yeah I must learn articles and times better...

Dr. Kaii
Explorer
Explorer

16 Feb 2017 04:04

Yeah I must learn articles and times better...
When you are engineering an entire universe, you haven't got much time spare to learn the finer points of grammar, so it's understandable (it would also help if English could stick to its own rules half the time). 

HarbingerDawn and DoctorOfSpace please be in touch with me and assign me some parts of the manual to do. I'm not going to waste any more time doing stuff incorrectly :D

DoctorOfSpace
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

16 Feb 2017 07:45

Dr. Kaii,feel free to do any and just post as usual.  Harb is quite busy as of late and I have a lot of other things to do, not just SE related.
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @5Ghz - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 - GPU: MSI RTX 40​90 GAMING ​TRIO 24G
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

Dr. Kaii
Explorer
Explorer

21 Feb 2017 16:47

Ok it looks like it's just me and 50-100 pages. I am happy to commit

Dr. Kaii
Explorer
Explorer

02 Apr 2017 09:46

Ok the first one is done. Please send the rest. 

It too me 1 hour 40 minutes to do 1000 lines, so that's a rough guide to how long the rest will take. I can do a few hours a week. If it's just the "modding" section that needs doing, then it shouldn't be more than another 2000 lines or so I estimate.
Attachments
Scenario scripts 0981 ENG FIXED by Dr. Kaii (1).txt
(91.31 KiB) Downloaded 373 times