Ultimate space simulation software

DoctorOfSpace
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Perhaps a useful resource for further developing wormholes

06 Jan 2018 20:01

Only thing stopping wormholes in SE is the lack of code to link them
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @5Ghz - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 - GPU: MSI RTX 40​90 GAMING ​TRIO 24G
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

TheMagicDragon
Observer
Observer

28 Jul 2018 21:49

Maybe add a feature where if you make two wormholes directly after each other then they can be used to teleport to the other wormhole

JackDole
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

29 Jul 2018 01:22

Wormholes will one day probably have the parameter 'ConnectTo', where the 'target' of the wormhole can be specified. (One day, in a very distant future. :roll:)
JackDole's Universe 0.990: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=546
JackDole's Archive: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=419
JackDole: Mega structures ... http://old.spaceengine.org/forum/17-3252-1 (Old forum)

vlad01
Pioneer
Pioneer

29 Jul 2018 02:35

EDIT:  clicked and posted in the wrong thread. Sorry

Gnargenox
World Builder
World Builder

20 Aug 2018 16:56

So, apparently Wormholes DO work in SE 0.9.8.0., well maybe sort of. I haven't noticed any mention of it exactly on the forum about how they operate, even though only partially. I guess saying they "work" would be like shouting Fire in a crowded theater, but....

I added one as a separate system within the diameter of my other custom solar system, noticed the familiar gravity lensing effect it produces, then selected it, and then the next star I clicked turned the wormhole itself into the star I had just selected bringing along with it the entire rest of it's system. It brought the star to me rather than me to the star, but it was pretty neat.

I even tried it by opening the search window and selecting the Black Hole Sagittarius A, instantly engulfing my star and showing the original location of Sag A in the background. 28klyrs away! No tunneling effect and all that jazz but I see there are possibilities! Thanks Space Engineer.

My other Hero, er, eh, yip, its Kip Thorne!
Traversable Wormhole Formula - Kip Thorne.jpg
Thorne and his graduate student Mike Morris proposed what is now called the Morris-Thorne metric. This metric describes two separate regions of universe, connected by a tube. These different regions can either be interpreted as two separate universes, or the same universe at a different place in time and space. The function Φ(r) is the red-shift function. It is the change in frequency of electromagnetic radiation in a gravitational field. The shape function b(r) describes the shape of the wormhole, and the throat of the wormhole, where the two different parts of the universe are connected, is located at r0 where b(r0)=r0. This function has to obey a condition called the flare out condition, b′(r)<1, which ensures that the throat remains open. There are zero tidal forces, and exotic matter (where τ > ρ > 0 ) is limited to the throat only, creating an absurdly benign wormhole.

The properties of the metric are that it is spherically symmetric and static. The radial coordinate r is such that circumference of the circle centered around throat is given by 2πr and r decreases from +∞ to b=b0 (minimum radius) at throat, then increases from b0 to +∞. At the throat exists a coordinate singularity where r component diverges. The proper radial distance l(r) runs from -∞ to +∞ and vice versa.

Saying all that, it still requires Exotic matter,  violates possible energy conditions, possible causality violations and there are no horizons inside the wormhole, all possible at the quantum level but not at a classical size.
Attachments
scr03092.jpg
scr03099.jpg
scr03104.jpg
CPU: AMD FX-8350 8 core processor 4GHz / GPU: GeForce GT 730 @ 1920x1080, 60Hz with 1GB adapter RAM / RAM: Patriot Signature 4GB 1600MHz 240-Pin DDR3 (only 2GB work, don't buy it) / Motherboard: MSI 970 Gaming MS-7693

Phrixus
Observer
Observer

10 Sep 2018 01:52

Wait, where are the wormholes?
Go to the planet editor, change whatever object you are editing to star, if it isn't a star already, change the spectrum to "Z", and click anywhere in the mass slider.
Hell yeah, 10th post!
"Poopy-di scoop. scoop-diddy-whoop, whoop-di-scoop-di-poop, poop-di-scoopty, scoopty-whoop, whoopity-scoop, whoop-poop, poop-diddy, whoop-scoop, poop, poop, scoop-diddy-whoop, whoop-diddy-scoop, whoop-diddy-scoop, poop."

-Kanye West

JackDole
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

10 Sep 2018 04:23

Hell yeah, 10th post!
Does that mean you stop posting nonsense now? Good.
JackDole's Universe 0.990: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=546
JackDole's Archive: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=419
JackDole: Mega structures ... http://old.spaceengine.org/forum/17-3252-1 (Old forum)

Watsisname
Science Officer
Science Officer

10 Sep 2018 07:02

Hell yeah, 10th post!
I am very tempted to remove all 10 of them and give 3 days off for spamming the forum with unnecessary multi-posts and answering old posts that did not need to be or already were answered.  In fact, I believe I will.   That is not an appropriate way to get to 10 posts, nor is 10 posts "an achievement".