Ultimate space simulation software

SpaceSpade
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

General suggestions for SpaceEngine

11 Mar 2020 01:30

'Sup. I want to offer an idea, which would help in creation of procedural textures for giant planets. For that we need to simply introduce a new system of cloud pallet coloration. It is simple, just like in US2 you will need to color every cloud stripe zone yourself. No, I don't want this pallet coloration system to be the only, the old one would remain as well for procedural objects. The new system would be for users mostly, because what if the one wants to create a giant planet with clouds in the colours of rainbow? Also I want for SE to use different cyclone shapes: triangular, like on Jupiter, and more or less circular for mini-neptunes. 

SpaceSpade
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

16 Mar 2020 07:27

Also, I have an idea about adding asteroid belts. I even have a certain script scheme:

AsteroidBelt (or AsterBelt) "Name"
{
     ParentBody "Parent's name"
     InnerRadius                            // Inner radius given in AU.
     OuterRadius                           // Outer radius given in AU.
     AsterFreq                               // Frequency of points, around which asteroids are generated.
     AsterDensity                          // How many asteroids are generated around each point.
     ERing                       // A ring of space where asteroids are not generated (ERing means emptiness ring). There can be several emptiness rings.
     {
           ERingSemiMajorAxis                                         // A distance from the parent object, at which the emptiness ring is placed. Distance given in AU.
           InnerRadius
           OuterRadius
           // The inner and outer radii of emptiness rings given in AU.
     }
}

It is also possible to present the asteroid belt as a script tag for its parent object (everything is the same except the absence of information about the parent body).

RemyZeno
Observer
Observer

18 Mar 2020 05:24

Hi!

Is there a way to switch between two main-user.cfg files via hotkey?

Best wishes
Remy

SpaceSpade
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

22 Mar 2020 12:06

And also, I noticed that when clouds have negative velocities, the spinning direction of clouds doesn't change, they just spin backwards. I think this needs to be fixed in later versions, because this would also help in creating procedural cloud textures (textures for Venus for example).

A-L-E-X
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

23 Mar 2020 06:10

SpaceSpade wrote:
And also, I noticed that when clouds have negative velocities, the spinning direction of clouds doesn't change, they just spin backwards. I think this needs to be fixed in later versions, because this would also help in creating procedural cloud textures (textures for Venus for example).

maybe we can have tornadoes in future versions with lightning!

tavotrio
Observer
Observer

28 Mar 2020 03:37

This video is pretty recent so I guess many didn't saw it.
It's about rendering in a fast and flawless way real looking wormholes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVO8nvb1o2w

Here is the results:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7e-1bRpweo