Ultimate space simulation software

tornadotodd
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

Klud's Addons & Mods

16 Jun 2018 23:00

Not sure but I am more interested in higher earth resolution. Even orbiter is a step above. SE could really step up parts of Earth for sure I wish I knew how to get ahold of kludd bc I would pick up the work on the mapping

tRetro-Visor
Explorer
Explorer

Klud's Addons & Mods

17 Jun 2018 12:01

You can get better displacements maps from Google Earth and Global Mapper. I've done that with the andes mountain range. Problem is, I don't know how to properly add them to space engine
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."

Circles [GD]
Observer
Observer

Klud's Addons & Mods

19 Jun 2018 18:12

I have installed everything here. Thank you so much for this.

tornadotodd
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

Klud's Addons & Mods

04 Aug 2018 19:12

You can get better displacements maps from Google Earth and Global Mapper. I've done that with the andes mountain range. Problem is, I don't know how to properly add them to space engine                               Did you ever figure out how to add the better maps, I so bad want to do that. If we could figure it out I would help, and we could section off the earth and map the planet.....I remain very disappointed how low rez Earth is other than Kludd's addon and nobody knows how to reach him.

PlutonianEmpire
Pioneer
Pioneer

Klud's Addons & Mods

04 Aug 2018 22:28

Yikes, even PMs dont get his attention?

As for mapping, I desperatly need a fictive Island to be seamlessly into the south atlantic as part of my tpe mod :cry: So I feel your pain
Specs: STGAubron desktop PC; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060/PCIe/SSE2 12 GB Vram, Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz, 12 cpus; 32 GB RAM; Windows 11 x64

Klud
Space Tourist
Space Tourist
Topic Author

Klud's Addons & Mods

14 Aug 2019 10:37

Apollo-11 landing site added to "Surfaces of celestial bodies".

FastFourierTransform
Pioneer
Pioneer

Klud's Addons & Mods

15 Aug 2019 05:37

Apollo-11 landing site added to "Surfaces of celestial bodies".
Thank you Klud! Is seems that the king is really back at it. I'm wondering if you have a list of possible surface detail patches for the future.

Also I think we would all be very very enthusiastic about a tutorial or explanation on how to do this awesome work. If you have enought time one day to explain it would be a great contribution for all of us.

Thank you again for these addons.

Klud
Space Tourist
Space Tourist
Topic Author

Klud's Addons & Mods

16 Aug 2019 14:09

Hi.
I'm glad you enjoyed it. I plan to make landing sites and other Apollo missions and various interesting places on the Moon and Mars. Now I have a bump map ready for the Valles Marineris, but there is no surf map yet and this requires a lot of time due to the large area of it. Old addons also need to be redone.

I would like many users to be able to create such add-ons — there is nothing very complicated about this, but it’s a little difficult to explain this process in detail, although I can point out some basic things.

Of course, you need to be able to use CubeMap, but also a graphic editor and GIS to prepare the image you are working with for processing in CubeMap. GIS is needed in order to reproject an image from a cylindrical projection into a cubic projection. The image that you received after reprojection should be cropped as needed.
Your image should be square and be within the boundaries of the tile of the highest resolution you need (in the simple case) of the "face" you want (parts of the global texture). Your 
image should have a resolution 2 ^ n times greater than the mentioned tile (512x512, 1024x1024, etc.). Then you use this image as one “face” with CubeMap and then rename the resulting tiles.

This is a basic principle. I guess I said this unclear, so please ask questions.

tRetro-Visor
Explorer
Explorer

Klud's Addons & Mods

16 Aug 2019 19:05

a graphic editor and GIS to prepare the image you are working with for processing in CubeMap. GIS is needed in order to reproject an image from a cylindrical projection into a cubic projection. The image that you received after reprojection should be cropped as needed.
That gives me more questions than answers lol

I sort of get this, but, for example, the grand canyon:
I wanted to do this exact same thing for a region close to me, how would I go and do that? I can get the height maps and diffuse maps from global mapper, but how do I add them into space engine as tiles with their respective level of detail and position in the texture?
Also what GIS software are you referring to?
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."

Klud
Space Tourist
Space Tourist
Topic Author

Klud's Addons & Mods

22 Aug 2019 09:46

Picture for explanation:
pr.png
You can cut into tiles using CubeMap, but in this case you will need to rename the tiles
or using GlobalMapper and setting the initial column and row numbers.
Your high resolution image should be in cubic projection. I use to reproject QGIS.

Klud
Space Tourist
Space Tourist
Topic Author

Klud's Addons & Mods

16 Nov 2019 09:30

Grand Canyon and warp ship "ixs Enterprise" redone for 0.990.

DoctorOfSpace
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Klud's Addons & Mods

17 Nov 2019 21:06

Klud what was changed in the IXS addon?  Just general stat info and warp settings?

Any reason you haven't added PBR yet?
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @5Ghz - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 - GPU: MSI RTX 40​90 GAMING ​TRIO 24G
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

Klud
Space Tourist
Space Tourist
Topic Author

Klud's Addons & Mods

18 Nov 2019 13:55

The mod for 0.98 did not work at 0.99.
PBR, as I understand it, is still not working. At least my attempts were unsuccessful.
I have no information on how to use PBR now if it is already possible. If you know this, please write.

FastFourierTransform
Pioneer
Pioneer

Klud's Addons & Mods

20 Nov 2019 03:44

Grand Canyon
These are awesome news, thank you Klud once again. I hope to see many of your highly detailed terrains in the future (old and new ones).

DoctorOfSpace
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Klud's Addons & Mods

21 Nov 2019 05:53

I have no information on how to use PBR now if it is already possible. If you know this, please write.
I would need to dig up the info on doing PBR layout, but you can pull off some decent results if you play around with it. I will try to rig something up for the IXS Enterprise again, but there are many textures so it will take time.
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @5Ghz - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 - GPU: MSI RTX 40​90 GAMING ​TRIO 24G
Quando omni flunkus, moritati