Ultimate space simulation software

  • 1
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
 
User avatar
N3cronium
Astronaut
Astronaut
Posts: 57
Joined: 01 Dec 2018
Location: Messier 87*
Contact:

General suggestions for SpaceEngine

27 Dec 2018 19:48

The Kuiper Belt object (208996) 2003 AZ84 appears to be shaped like an ellipsoid with the dimensions 940 × 766 × 490. There's a recent paper regarding its shape: https://arxiv.org/abs/1705.10895
 
User avatar
JackDole
Star Engineer
Star Engineer
Posts: 1323
Joined: 02 Nov 2016
Location: Terra

COMMUNITY ADDON - Catalog Fixes for SE

02 Jan 2019 20:43

Correction for 'HIP 51452 / HD 91062'
// Filename: HIP_51452.sc
// JackDole 2019.01.03 05:05:44

// Put in 'addons\catalogs\stars'
// http://simbad.u-strasbg.fr/simbad/sim-basic?Ident=HIP+51452&submit=SIMBAD+search
//------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Star "HIP 51452/HD 91062"
{
    RA      10 30 32.8748810398
    Dec     -10 48 28.557581674
    Dist    569.93046848285
    
    Class   "K5 III"
    AppMagn 7.34765801      // Hipparchos
}

//------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HIP_51452.sc
(549 Bytes) Downloaded 38 times
Attachments
scr00228.jpg
JackDole's Universe: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=71
JackDole's Archive: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=419
JackDole: Mega structures ... http://old.spaceengine.org/forum/17-3252-1 (Old forum)
 
docisinn
Observer
Observer
Posts: 1
Joined: 09 Jan 2019

COMMUNITY ADDON - Catalog Fixes for SE

09 Jan 2019 04:28

ok
 
A-L-E-X
Star Engineer
Star Engineer
Posts: 1434
Joined: 06 Mar 2017

COMMUNITY ADDON - Catalog Fixes for SE

10 Jan 2019 05:28

JackDole wrote:
Correction for 'HIP 51452 / HD 91062'
// Filename: HIP_51452.sc
// JackDole 2019.01.03 05:05:44

// Put in 'addons\catalogs\stars'
// http://simbad.u-strasbg.fr/simbad/sim-basic?Ident=HIP+51452&submit=SIMBAD+search
//------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Star "HIP 51452/HD 91062"
{
    RA      10 30 32.8748810398
    Dec     -10 48 28.557581674
    Dist    569.93046848285
    
    Class   "K5 III"
    AppMagn 7.34765801      // Hipparchos
}

//------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HIP_51452.sc

JD, what are planets 5a and 8a, I've never seen anything like that before!  Procedural double planets? I wonder if there are any anywhere in reality!  So this is a real star but no real planets have been discovered around it?
 
User avatar
JackDole
Star Engineer
Star Engineer
Posts: 1323
Joined: 02 Nov 2016
Location: Terra

COMMUNITY ADDON - Catalog Fixes for SE

10 Jan 2019 10:38

A-L-E-X wrote:
Source of the post what are planets 5a and 8a

This is new in SE 0.990. This is the new designation for binary planets.
scr00242.jpg
JackDole's Universe: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=71
JackDole's Archive: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=419
JackDole: Mega structures ... http://old.spaceengine.org/forum/17-3252-1 (Old forum)
 
A-L-E-X
Star Engineer
Star Engineer
Posts: 1434
Joined: 06 Mar 2017

COMMUNITY ADDON - Catalog Fixes for SE

11 Jan 2019 02:16

JackDole wrote:
A-L-E-X wrote:
Source of the post what are planets 5a and 8a

This is new in SE 0.990. This is the new designation for binary planets.
scr00242.jpg

Thanks, JD!  These are all procedural planets correct? Are any actual binary ones included?
 
User avatar
JackDole
Star Engineer
Star Engineer
Posts: 1323
Joined: 02 Nov 2016
Location: Terra

COMMUNITY ADDON - Catalog Fixes for SE

11 Jan 2019 04:01

These are all procedural planets.
JackDole's Universe: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=71
JackDole's Archive: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=419
JackDole: Mega structures ... http://old.spaceengine.org/forum/17-3252-1 (Old forum)
 
User avatar
Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer
Posts: 1256
Joined: 24 Oct 2016
Location: Italy
Contact:

COMMUNITY ADDON - Catalog Fixes for SE

13 Jan 2019 11:28

When I was playing with regular expressions in Notepad++ in order to add/remove brackets and things alike, I noticed that some objects in stars and planets have what appears to be syntax errors in their constellation names, wrong caps to be precise. This is a list:

\Catalogs\stars\ExoPlanetsSuns.sc
    Line 348: Star    "8 UMi/8 Umi/HD 133086/HIP 73136"

\Catalogs\stars\Stars-bin.sc
    Line 390: StarBarycenter "Dubhe/ALF Uma/ADS 8035/WDS 11037+6145"
    Line 398: StarBarycenter "Alula Australis/KSI UMa/53 Uma/SAO 62484/WDS J11182+3132AB"
    Line 454: StarBarycenter "65 Uma/ADS 8347/WDS 11551+4629"
 
\Catalogs\stars\BrownDwarfs-bin.sc
    Line 1169: StarBarycenter "Alula Australis/KSI UMa/53 Uma/SAO 62484/WDS J11182+3132AB"


\Catalogs\stars\Stars-bin.sc
    Line 1508: StarBarycenter "Adhara/EPS Cma/21 Cma"
    Line 1548: StarBarycenter "TAU Cma/30 Cma/HR 2782/ADS 5977"
    
\Catalogs\planets\ExoPlanets.sc
    Line 352: Planet    "8 UMi b/8 Umi b"

\Catalogs\planets\Stars-bin.sc
    Line 7911: Barycenter "TAU Cma (ABC)"
    Line 7913:     ParentBody "TAU Cma"
    Line 7923: Barycenter "TAU Cma (AB)"
    Line 7925:     ParentBody "TAU Cma (ABC)"
    Line 7937: Star "TAU Cma A/HIP 35415/HD 57061"
    Line 7939:     ParentBody "TAU Cma (AB)"
    Line 7953: Star "TAU Cma B"
    Line 7955:     ParentBody "TAU Cma (AB)"
    Line 7967: Star "TAU Cma C"
    Line 7969:     ParentBody "TAU Cma (ABC)"
    Line 7983: Star "TAU Cma D"
    Line 7985:     ParentBody "TAU Cma"


where Uma, Cma, Umi, should instead be UMa, CMa, UMi.
I googled around to check if that could have been accepted nomenclature too, but I haven't found material about it.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
My mods | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 4gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram | IRC freenode.net canale ##SpaceEngineITA
 
User avatar
N3cronium
Astronaut
Astronaut
Posts: 57
Joined: 01 Dec 2018
Location: Messier 87*
Contact:

COMMUNITY ADDON - Catalog Fixes for SE

13 Jan 2019 18:56

Septuple star systems Nu Scorpii appears as a quintuple system while AR Cassiopeiae is not present in SpaceEngine. There isn't much information about their orbits, which might complicate things a bit.
 
User avatar
N3cronium
Astronaut
Astronaut
Posts: 57
Joined: 01 Dec 2018
Location: Messier 87*
Contact:

COMMUNITY ADDON - Catalog Fixes for SE

13 Jan 2019 21:47

Remove "Jabbah Aa" { ParentBody "NU Sco A" }

Remove "NU Sco Ab" { ParentBody "NU Sco A" }

Remove "NU Sco D" { ParentBody "NU Sco (CD)" }

Barycenter "NU Sco Aab"
{
 ParentBody "NU Sco A"
 Orbit
 {
 Period          5.7
 ArgOfPericenter 0
 MeanAnomaly     0
 }
}

Barycenter "NU Sco D"
{
 ParentBody "NU Sco (CD)"
 Orbit
 {
 Period          2085
 SemiMajorAxis   160.6599
 ArgOfPericenter 180
 MeanAnomaly     0
 }
}

Star "NU Sco Ac"
{
 ParentBody "NU Sco A"
 Class      "B V"
 AppMagn 6.62
 Orbit
 {
 Period          5.7
 ArgOfPericenter 180
 MeanAnomaly     0
 }
}

Star "Jabbah Aa/NU Sco Aa/HIP 79374/HD 145501"
{
 ParentBody "NU Sco Aab"
 Class      "B2 IV"
 AppMagn    6.27
 Orbit
 {
 Period          0.01521112329
 Eccentricity 0.11
 ArgOfPericenter 87
 MeanAnomaly     0
 Epoch 2442185.555
 }
}

Star "NU Sco Ab"
{
 ParentBody "NU Sco Aab"
 Class      "B3 V"
 AppMagn 6.9
 Orbit
 {
 Period          0.01521112329
 Eccentricity 0.11
 ArgOfPericenter 267
 MeanAnomaly     0
 Epoch 2442185.555
 }
}

Star "NU Sco Da" // orbits uncertain
{
 ParentBody "NU Sco D"
 Class      "B9III"
 AppMagn 7.39
 Orbit
 {
 Period          0.199
 ArgOfPericenter 0
 MeanAnomaly     0
 }
}

Star "NU Sco Db" // little is known about NU Sco Db
{
 ParentBody "NU Sco D"
 Class      "B V"
 Orbit
 {
 Period          0.199
 ArgOfPericenter 180
 MeanAnomaly     0
 }
}

//References:
//https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nu_Scorpii
//https://web.archive.org/web/20170905183433/http://www.ctio.noao.edu/~atokovin/stars/index.php?cat=HD&number=145501

I've created an addon fixing the Nu Scorpii system.
Attachments
Nu-Sco-septuple.pak
(1.11 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
 
User avatar
SpaceEngineer
Author of SpaceEngine
Author of SpaceEngine
Topic Author
Posts: 896
Joined: 17 May 2016
Location: Saint-Petersburg
Contact:

COMMUNITY ADDON - Catalog Fixes for SE

15 Jan 2019 02:19

I already added NU Sco to SE, but didn't worked on AR Cas yet.
 
User avatar
SpaceEngineer
Author of SpaceEngine
Author of SpaceEngine
Topic Author
Posts: 896
Joined: 17 May 2016
Location: Saint-Petersburg
Contact:

COMMUNITY ADDON - Catalog Fixes for SE

15 Jan 2019 02:25

Mosfet wrote:
Source of the post When I was playing with regular expressions in Notepad++ in order to add/remove brackets and things alike, I noticed that some objects in stars and planets have what appears to be syntax errors in their constellation names, wrong caps to be precise. This is a list:

Thanks, fixed. Implementing BB codes for Greek letters and constellations will solve all such errors, because BB-codes are not case-sensitive.
 
A-L-E-X
Star Engineer
Star Engineer
Posts: 1434
Joined: 06 Mar 2017

COMMUNITY ADDON - Catalog Fixes for SE

16 Jan 2019 04:37

N3cronium wrote:
Remove "Jabbah Aa" { ParentBody "NU Sco A" }

Remove "NU Sco Ab" { ParentBody "NU Sco A" }

Remove "NU Sco D" { ParentBody "NU Sco (CD)" }

Barycenter "NU Sco Aab"
{
 ParentBody "NU Sco A"
 Orbit
 {
 Period          5.7
 ArgOfPericenter 0
 MeanAnomaly     0
 }
}

Barycenter "NU Sco D"
{
 ParentBody "NU Sco (CD)"
 Orbit
 {
 Period          2085
 SemiMajorAxis   160.6599
 ArgOfPericenter 180
 MeanAnomaly     0
 }
}

Star "NU Sco Ac"
{
 ParentBody "NU Sco A"
 Class      "B V"
 AppMagn 6.62
 Orbit
 {
 Period          5.7
 ArgOfPericenter 180
 MeanAnomaly     0
 }
}

Star "Jabbah Aa/NU Sco Aa/HIP 79374/HD 145501"
{
 ParentBody "NU Sco Aab"
 Class      "B2 IV"
 AppMagn    6.27
 Orbit
 {
 Period          0.01521112329
 Eccentricity 0.11
 ArgOfPericenter 87
 MeanAnomaly     0
 Epoch 2442185.555
 }
}

Star "NU Sco Ab"
{
 ParentBody "NU Sco Aab"
 Class      "B3 V"
 AppMagn 6.9
 Orbit
 {
 Period          0.01521112329
 Eccentricity 0.11
 ArgOfPericenter 267
 MeanAnomaly     0
 Epoch 2442185.555
 }
}

Star "NU Sco Da" // orbits uncertain
{
 ParentBody "NU Sco D"
 Class      "B9III"
 AppMagn 7.39
 Orbit
 {
 Period          0.199
 ArgOfPericenter 0
 MeanAnomaly     0
 }
}

Star "NU Sco Db" // little is known about NU Sco Db
{
 ParentBody "NU Sco D"
 Class      "B V"
 Orbit
 {
 Period          0.199
 ArgOfPericenter 180
 MeanAnomaly     0
 }
}

//References:
//https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nu_Scorpii
//https://web.archive.org/web/20170905183433/http://www.ctio.noao.edu/~atokovin/stars/index.php?cat=HD&number=145501

I've created an addon fixing the Nu Scorpii system.

Does that have procedural planets?
 
User avatar
N3cronium
Astronaut
Astronaut
Posts: 57
Joined: 01 Dec 2018
Location: Messier 87*
Contact:

COMMUNITY ADDON - Catalog Fixes for SE

16 Jan 2019 17:30

There are no procedural planets around the stars.
 
User avatar
N0B0DY
Explorer
Explorer
Posts: 195
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

COMMUNITY ADDON - Catalog Fixes for SE

19 Jan 2019 03:29

0980 here: Comet 46p/Wirtanen has a diameter of ~ 1.4 km (according to Wikipedia). In game it has a radius of ~6.something kms.
I opened catalogs0980.pak but the comets.sc file only had its magnitude characteristics? How do I correct its size??
  • 1
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: snyper1188 and 1 guest