Explorer
Explorer

COMMUNITY ADDON - Catalog Fixes for SE

27 Apr 2017 15:06

Is this just a glitch, or is this real?
Attachments
Colliding Stars.....png
How??
Last edited by TheRedstoneHive on 01 Oct 2018 02:28, edited 1 time in total.

Permian Therapsid
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

27 Apr 2017 15:13

Did you tried to open the pak file in notepad++? pak file is a zip archive, open it with winzip or 7z or whatever. Inside you will find a sc files, which are human-readable scripts, open them with notepad++.
Yes, at first I did try to open the pak file with Notepad++, but then I used wrong program trying to extract files I needed. Finally I found a program named "9 zip" and used it to successfully get the files. Now I have edited a file on comets adding data from JPL database. This included estimated diameters for many comets and also absolute magnitudes of comet nucleus for many comets.

Do I need to do anything to stop SE from duplicating 9P Tempel and 10P Tempel when I renamed them Tempel 1 / 9P Tempel and Tempel 2 / 10P Tempel. I did this because comet Borrelly is already known in SE as Borrelly 3 / 19P (Borrelly).

Should I make another file for comets that are not included yet or should I add them to SE in this same file?

And about the realistic shape models and/or textures. 1P/Halley, 9P/Tempel, 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko, 81P/Wild (not included yet) and 103P/Hartley (not included yet). Is this source possible to use? 1P and 67P do not have realistic color texture maps there but the shape models are available.

Sources:

Homepage:
https://space.frieger.com/asteroids/

1P
https://space.frieger.com/asteroids/comets/1P-Halley

9P
https://space.frieger.com/asteroids/comets/9P-Tempel-1

67P
https://space.frieger.com/asteroids/com ... erasimenko

81P
https://space.frieger.com/asteroids/comets/81P-Wild-2

103P
https://space.frieger.com/asteroids/com ... -Hartley-2

Radius of Dysnomia used in SE seems to be greater than 300 km.

In my comet physical data fix, I did change Chiron to comet because the other dual classification already present objects were all classified as comets. Des SE automatically add comet tail to comets? 

SpaceEngineer
Author of SpaceEngine
Author of SpaceEngine
Topic Author

29 Apr 2017 11:49

Do I need to do anything to stop SE from duplicating 9P Tempel and 10P Tempel when I renamed them Tempel 1 / 9P Tempel and Tempel 2 / 10P Tempel. I did this because comet Borrelly is already known in SE as Borrelly 3 / 19P (Borrelly).
If you extracted the file and placed it to the same virtual path as the original one, SE should load it instead of the original one. If you encounter with duplication, this mean what SE loads both files and tries to merge objects.
Should I make another file for comets that are not included yet or should I add them to SE in this same file?
Just add them to the same file.
And about the realistic shape models and/or textures. 1P/Halley, 9P/Tempel, 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko, 81P/Wild (not included yet) and 103P/Hartley (not included yet). Is this source possible to use? 1P and 67P do not have realistic color texture maps there but the shape models are available.
Currently the only way is to convert these models to the elevation (bump) map textures somehow. I can add the obj format support, but it requires some work.
Des SE automatically add comet tail to comets? 
Yes, technically in engine comets are the same objects as asteroids, but with automatic comet tail generation, and different procedural density generation (which affects on mass/radius calculation in some cases).

Watsisname
Science Officer
Science Officer

29 Apr 2017 15:49

Permian Therapsid
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

30 Apr 2017 10:00

If you extracted the file and placed it to the same virtual path as the original one, SE should load it instead of the original one. If you encounter with duplication, this mean what SE loads both files and tries to merge objects.
I did not name the file as "Comets.sc", I did name it as "Cometfix-001.sc" It does not include all the comets in the original file because not all of them needed fixing or they just did not have enough information to do any editing. Do I have to make it not to load the original file to avoid duplicating objects that gained additional names. Like Comet "9P Tempel" ---> Comet "Tempel 1/9P Tempel", or for example an asteroid that was unnamed and unnumbered when SE file on asteroids was made but is now numbered and named. Also I did add the missing designations for objects listed in the "SolarSys.sc", for example  DwarfMoon "Phobos" ---> DwarfMoon "Phobos/Mars I". I did not include those Solar System objects in the original file that did not have a missing designations like Planet "Mars" or DwarfPlanet "Makemake/(136472) Makemake/2005 FY9".

If the original file would not be loaded Earth, Mars, Makemake and other objects not included in my fixing file would be loaded. Or would they? Same with Tempel 1 and Tempel 2. Should I just edit the original file instead to avoid duplication object? 
Currently the only way is to convert these models to the elevation (bump) map textures somehow. I can add the obj format support, but it requires some work.
Thanks, some of these models are very detailed if the most detailed version is chosen, like 67P. 

So is the thing that these models cannot be added as they are by now? Can the color listed on that site for some asteroids converted to colors in SE in any way? There are models for many asteroids too. 
Des SE automatically add comet tail to comets? 
Yes, technically in engine comets are the same objects as asteroids, but with automatic comet tail generation, and different procedural density generation (which affects on mass/radius calculation in some cases).
Thanks, so I do not have to worry about that. So when I changed Chiron to comet, should I use this to remove the Chiron listed as asteroid? Or does it remove the comet too?:
Remove "Chiron" { ParentBody "Sol" }
What I did to Chiron:
Comet "Chiron/(2060) Chiron/95P Chiron"
{
 ParentBody     "Sol"
 CometType      "P"    // AsterType      "Centaur"
 Radius          117   // 144
    RotationPeriod  5.918
    Albedo          0.075 // 0.048
    AbsMagn         6.5   // 6.2
    SlopeParam      0.15
    Orbit
    {
        Epoch            2456401
        MeanMotion       0.0195367
        SemiMajorAxis    13.6532
        Eccentricity     0.380366
        Inclination      6.92945
        AscendingNode    209.356
        ArgOfPericenter  339.33
        MeanAnomaly      122.844
    }
    Rings
    {  // Texture by HarbingerDawn
        Texture     "Chariklo-rings.*"
        InnerRadius        324
        OuterRadius        346
        // 7 and 3km, 12km gap
    }
}
Only thing I did myself was to change it to a comet and add it its "P" designation 95P Chiron

Is there any way I could download the newest catalog file with all the additions or do I need to download the whole SpaceEngine again? There have been many updates, I may not have them all downloaded.

I am working on the asteroid file now and it is almost finished. I did go through every single asteroid except those on the top of the file that did already have physical data added, like many near Earth objects. 

SpaceEngineer
Author of SpaceEngine
Author of SpaceEngine
Topic Author

30 Apr 2017 11:36

I did not name the file as "Comets.sc", I did name it as "Cometfix-001.sc" It does not include all the comets in the original file because not all of them needed fixing or they just did not have enough information to do any editing.
If you decided to make a separate file, then SE merges new object with old ones, if it finds the same name designation. If you doing it correctly, the old "9P Tempel" must be merged with new "Tempel 1/9P Tempel", with no duplication.
So when I changed Chiron to comet, should I use this to remove the Chiron listed as asteroid? Or does it remove the comet too?:
Yes, this code is correct.
CometType      "P"
SE does not have the parameter CometType. What is it? Do you mean a spectral class? But Chiron has a spectral class B,Cb according to Wikipedia. SE does not display asteroid spectral class, but I can introduce a parameter for it. Also, Chiron is still a Centaur.
Can the color listed on that site for some asteroids converted to colors in SE in any way?
Sure, SE uses RGB color, you may specify it by the Color parameter.

Permian Therapsid
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

30 Apr 2017 12:07

I did not name the file as "Comets.sc", I did name it as "Cometfix-001.sc" It does not include all the comets in the original file because not all of them needed fixing or they just did not have enough information to do any editing.
If you decided to make a separate file, then SE merges new object with old ones, if it finds the same name designation. If you doing it correctly, the old "9P Tempel" must be merged with new "Tempel 1/9P Tempel", with no duplication.
So when I changed Chiron to comet, should I use this to remove the Chiron listed as asteroid? Or does it remove the comet too?:
Yes, this code is correct.
Thanks, I wonder if I should replace the asteroid Chiron with comet Chiron in the original file that includes Chiron. Is this a good idea? Also about the other comet and asteroid fixes, I can make new versions of the originally named files, if that is a better idea.
CometType      "P"
SE does not have the parameter CometType. What is it? Do you mean a spectral class? But Chiron has a spectral class B,Cb according to Wikipedia. SE does not display asteroid spectral class, but I can introduce a parameter for it. Also, Chiron is still a Centaur.
I know Chiron is still a centaur type minor planet. I did not invent the CometType parameter. That did exist in the version of comets file that I have. If SE should not have it, is there something wrong with the code? The file code listed comets with P in name as type P and those with C as type C.
Can the color listed on that site for some asteroids converted to colors in SE in any way?
Sure, SE uses RGB color, you may specify it by the Color parameter.
I am new to coding, can you give me link to somewhere that specifies how does the color work? Or tell me here. Also about epochs, is the Epoch parameter used in SE this epoch number I can find from Minor Planet Center or JPL Small Body Database? 

From MPC: [td]epoch JD[/td] [td]2457600.5[/td]
From JPL: Orbital Elements at Epoch 2457800.5 (2017-Feb-16.0) TDB

http://minorplanetcenter.net/db_search/ ... id=2011+JX
https://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=419413

Is AsterType used parameter? This object (419413) = 2005 EY224 = 2010 AK70 = 2010 GO73 = 2011 JX was lised as "NEO" in SE data, but according to new data it is not a Mars crosser, what type should it be if AsterType is needed?

Also is there any link I could upload the newest complete catalogs for SE, so that I would have up to date data in my version? I may have missed many of the additions.

Thanks for all the help SpaceEngineer.

SpaceEngineer
Author of SpaceEngine
Author of SpaceEngine
Topic Author

30 Apr 2017 18:12

Thanks, I wonder if I should replace the asteroid Chiron with comet Chiron in the original file that includes Chiron. Is this a good idea? Also about the other comet and asteroid fixes, I can make new versions of the originally named files, if that is a better idea.
Yes, as I told before, simply update the originally named files. Then I can copy-paste them into my current SE build.
I know Chiron is still a centaur type minor planet. I did not invent the CometType parameter. That did exist in the version of comets file that I have. If SE should not have it, is there something wrong with the code? The file code listed comets with P in name as type P and those with C as type C.
Hm, it probably was a placeholder. It should be changed to SpacClass or something like that. For now keep it as is.
I am new to coding, can you give me link to somewhere that specifies how does the color work? Or tell me here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RGB_color_model
Also about epochs, is the Epoch parameter used in SE this epoch number I can find from Minor Planet Center or JPL Small Body Database? 
SE uses JD epoch.
Is AsterType used parameter? This object (419413) = 2005 EY224 = 2010 AK70 = 2010 GO73 = 2011 JX was lised as "NEO" in SE data, but according to new data it is not a Mars crosser, what type should it be if AsterType is needed?
It is also a placeholder. I implemented it recently. Supported classes are:
"Aten", "Apollo", "Amor", "NEO", "Hungaria", "Phocaea", "Hilda", "Themis", "Flora", "Eunomia", "JupiterTrojan", "NeptuneTrojan", "Centaur", "Plutino", "ResonantTNO", "Cubewano", "ScatteredDisk", "DetachedObject", "Sednoid", "OortCloudObject"
Also is there any link I could upload the newest complete catalogs for SE, so that I would have up to date data in my version? I may have missed many of the additions.
Do you mean my latest catalogs? I could give you access to the beta.

Permian Therapsid
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

01 May 2017 04:00

Yes, as I told before, simply update the originally named files. Then I can copy-paste them into my current SE build.
Ok, I will do it. I guess you would not mind about me adding some asteroids and comets that are missing and adding the missing designations for Solar System objects. Like Phobos/Mars I for example.
I am new to coding, can you give me link to somewhere that specifies how does the color work? Or tell me here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RGB_color_model
Also about epochs, is the Epoch parameter used in SE this epoch number I can find from Minor Planet Center or JPL Small Body Database? 
SE uses JD epoch.
Thanks for that. The Minor Planet Center data has "epoch JD", on the table so I guess the number after this is the right number to use.
Do you mean my latest catalogs? I could give you access to the beta.
Yes the latest catalogs that you have made available, if possible. If beta testing is a possibility, I would be thankful. I would just need to know what should I do with beta?

Permian Therapsid
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

02 May 2017 17:21

Here is the Solar System main file where I did add the missing official designations for objects. Example Phobos/Mars I I did also change Dysnomia from dwarf moon to moon, based on this study “TNOs are Cool”: A Survey of the Transneptunian Region IV Size/albedo characterization of 15 scattered disk and detached objects observed with Herschel Space Observatory-PACS

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1202.1481.pdf

There is mentioned that Dysnomia is more likely much darker than Eris and that means it would be larger than earlier Estimates making it 685±50 km in diameter.

(There seems to be a bug in this file, for some reason the designations do not appear.)
(Edit again: The designations did appear, when I added the files to data/catalogs/planets, when I had them in addons/catalogs/planets the designations did not work, but other changes did happen.)
Attachments
SolarSys.sc
Also contais data from HygieaFix.sc
(51.28 KiB) Downloaded 510 times

Permian Therapsid
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

04 May 2017 16:36

I have finally  finished physical data and designation updates/fixing on Kuiper belt, asteroids and Solar System. About the Kuiper belt, I had to remove few TNO:s for following reasons: For most of the removed TNO:s new data has revealed that they were the same object as another object already in SE catalog, the case of "2006 HH123" was that did not exist at all, and 2004 PR107 was a main-belt asteroid (not a TNO). I did add 2004 PR107 to Asteroids-small catalog instead.
Attachments
Asteroids.sc
(16.92 KiB) Downloaded 499 times
Asteroids-small.sc
(262.07 KiB) Downloaded 514 times
KuiperBelt.sc
(27.56 KiB) Downloaded 493 times
KuiperBelt-small.sc
(211.33 KiB) Downloaded 524 times
SolarSys.sc
Newest
(51.31 KiB) Downloaded 515 times
Last edited by Permian Therapsid on 05 May 2017 10:28, edited 1 time in total.

Permian Therapsid
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

05 May 2017 10:00

I did do additional fixes and aditions to "KuiperBelt.sc" and "KuiperBelt-small.sc". I did fix the issue with Greek letters and provisional minor planet designations (2004 MU8 and 2005 NU125 did have problems with this.). I had to change it for example from 2004 MU8 to 2004 Mu8 to prevent getting 2004μ8. This is not perfect solution but I guess it will do for now. I did get the advice from JackDole.

I did also do some changes with diameters for 2004 XR190 and 2007 JH43

I did also add some new TNO:s and centaurs that were missing from the catalog. I do not post the whole code here because that would be very long.

From KuiperBelt.sc:
Asteroid "1992 QB1/(15760) 1992 QB1"
{
 ParentBody "Sol"
 AsterType  "Cubewano"
 AbsMagn     7.1
 SlopeParam  0.15

Radius          83.5 // http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/astro/tnoslist.html

Orbit
 {
 Epoch            2457600.5
 MeanMotion       0.00340530
 SemiMajorAxis    43.7555581
 Eccentricity     0.0656866
 Inclination      2.18962
 AscendingNode    359.47824
 ArgOfPericenter  1.95255
 MeanAnomaly      28.38577
 }
}

Asteroid "1993 RO/(385185) 1993 RO"
{
 ParentBody "Sol"
 AsterType  "Plutino"
 AbsMagn     8.4
 SlopeParam  0.15

Radius      46   // http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/astro/tnoslist.html

Orbit
 {
 MeanMotion       0.00403980
 SemiMajorAxis    39.0448100
 Eccentricity     0.1940008
 Inclination      3.71966
 AscendingNode    170.40724
 ArgOfPericenter  188.09517
 MeanAnomaly      28.09138
 }
}

Asteroid "2012 VP113"
{
 ParentBody "Sol"
 AsterType  "Centaur"
 AbsMagn     4.0
 SlopeParam  0.15

Radius      348.5  // http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/astro/tnoslist.html    

Orbit
 {
 Epoch            2457800.5
 MeanMotion       0.00023970
 SemiMajorAxis    256.6383830
 Eccentricity     0.6863595
 Inclination      24.07388
 AscendingNode    90.75685
 ArgOfPericenter  293.77367
 MeanAnomaly      3.36070
 }
}
From KuiperBelt-small.sc:
Asteroid "1993 SB/(15788) 1993 SB"
{
 ParentBody "Sol"
 AsterType  "Plutino"
 AbsMagn     7.9
 SlopeParam  0.15

Radius      58   // http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/astro/tnoslist.html    

Orbit
 {
 MeanMotion       0.00401090
 SemiMajorAxis    39.2319314
 Eccentricity     0.3186701
 Inclination      1.94002
 AscendingNode    354.91589
 ArgOfPericenter  79.44354
 MeanAnomaly      350.53181
 }
}

Asteroid "1993 SC/(15789) 1993 SC"
{
 ParentBody "Sol"
 AsterType  "Plutino"
 AbsMagn     7.0
 SlopeParam  0.15

Radius       164  
 AlbedoGeom   0.022  

Orbit
 {
 MeanMotion       0.00398860
 SemiMajorAxis    39.3779217
 Eccentricity     0.1842314
 Inclination      5.16623
 AscendingNode    354.73973
 ArgOfPericenter  315.93870
 MeanAnomaly      67.17571
 }
}

Asteroid "1996 TP66/(15875) 1996 TP66"
{
 ParentBody "Sol"
 AsterType  "Plutino"
 AbsMagn     7.0
 SlopeParam  0.15

Radius       77   // http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/astro/tnoslist.html

Orbit
 {
 MeanMotion       0.00399800
 SemiMajorAxis    39.3165820
 Eccentricity     0.3288853
 Inclination      5.68918
 AscendingNode    316.82726
 ArgOfPericenter  75.41625
 MeanAnomaly      23.66366
 }
}

Asteroid "1994 GV9/(15807) 1994 GV9"
{
 ParentBody "Sol"
 AsterType  "Cubewano"
 AbsMagn     7.4
 SlopeParam  0.15

Radius       73 // http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/astro/tnoslist.html   

Orbit
 {
 MeanMotion       0.00337180
 SemiMajorAxis    44.0452016
 Eccentricity     0.0632672
 Inclination      0.56209
 AscendingNode    176.70114
 ArgOfPericenter  310.69274
 MeanAnomaly      68.40764
 }
}

Asteroid "1994 TB/(15820) 1994 TB"
{
 ParentBody "Sol"
 AsterType  "Plutino"
 AbsMagn     7.3
 SlopeParam  0.15

Radius          45.5 // http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/astro/tnoslist.html 
 RotationPeriod  6.5

Orbit
 {
 MeanMotion       0.00399610
 SemiMajorAxis    39.3287869
 Eccentricity     0.3144831
 Inclination      12.13899
 AscendingNode    317.45777
 ArgOfPericenter  99.22856
 MeanAnomaly      356.23569
 }
}

Asteroid "Arawn/(15810) Arawn/1994 JR1" 
{
 ParentBody "Sol"
 AsterType  "Plutino"
 AbsMagn     7.7
 SlopeParam  0.15

Radius         63.5 //  http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/astro/tnoslist.html
 RotationPeriod 5.47 //  http://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.3847/2041-8205/828/2/L15/meta;jsessionid=99EA53DB67E1598B99937195B1BEAA1B.c4.iopscience.cld.iop.org

Orbit
 {
 MeanMotion       0.00398150
 SemiMajorAxis    39.4252679
 Eccentricity     0.1195311
 Inclination      3.80809
 AscendingNode    144.68428
 ArgOfPericenter  101.57434
 MeanAnomaly      30.17449
 }
}

Asteroid "1994 JS/(15809) 1994 JS"
{
 ParentBody "Sol"
 AsterType  "ResonantTNO"
 AbsMagn     7.8
 SlopeParam  0.15

Radius      60.5 // http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/astro/tnoslist.html    

Orbit
 {
 MeanMotion       0.00358520
 SemiMajorAxis    42.2793159
 Eccentricity     0.2177500
 Inclination      14.03097
 AscendingNode    56.26857
 ArgOfPericenter  236.76225
 MeanAnomaly      351.39644
 }
}

Asteroid "1993 FW/(181708) 1993 FW"
{
 ParentBody "Sol"
 AsterType  "Cubewano"
 AbsMagn     7.0
 SlopeParam  0.15

Radius      87.5 // http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/astro/tnoslist.html    

Orbit
 {
 MeanMotion       0.00337550
 SemiMajorAxis    44.0126043
 Eccentricity     0.0539653
 Inclination      7.73203
 AscendingNode    187.83029
 ArgOfPericenter  40.67912
 MeanAnomaly      351.55618
 }
}

Asteroid "2001 QB298/(385266) 2001 QB298"
{
 ParentBody "Sol"
 AsterType  "Cubewano"
 AbsMagn     6.8
 SlopeParam  0.15

Radius      98 // http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/astro/tnoslist.html    

Orbit
 {
 MeanMotion       0.00356360
 SemiMajorAxis    42.4497586
 Eccentricity     0.0946320
 Inclination      1.80024
 AscendingNode    291.64891
 ArgOfPericenter  359.75992
 MeanAnomaly      47.11017
 }
}

Asteroid "2014 UM33/(472271) 2014 UM33/2010 TQ182"
{
 ParentBody "Sol"
 AsterType  "Cubewano"
 AbsMagn     4.7
 SlopeParam  0.15

Radius       252.5  // http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/astro/tnoslist.html

Orbit
 {
 MeanMotion       0.00350860
 SemiMajorAxis    42.8926317
 Eccentricity     0.1569571
 Inclination      17.40224
 AscendingNode    236.57937
 ArgOfPericenter  269.26927
 MeanAnomaly      269.19548
 }
}

Asteroid "2014 Mu69/(486958) 2014 Mu69"
{
 ParentBody "Sol"
 AsterType  "Cubewano"
 AbsMagn     11.1
 SlopeParam  0.15

Radius       14.5 // http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/astro/tnoslist.html

Orbit
 {
 MeanMotion       0.00333800
 SemiMajorAxis    44.3413430
 Eccentricity     0.0370284
 Inclination      2.45330
 AscendingNode    158.93034
 ArgOfPericenter  178.54446
 MeanAnomaly      309.63873
 }
}

Asteroid "Nessus/(7066) Nessus"
{
 ParentBody "Sol"
 AsterType  "Centaur"
 AbsMagn     9.6
 SlopeParam  0.15

Radius      30 // http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/astro/tnoslist.html    

Orbit
 {
 MeanMotion       0.00811490
 SemiMajorAxis    24.5251942
 Eccentricity     0.5203477
 Inclination      15.66864
 AscendingNode    31.15557
 ArgOfPericenter  170.48268
 MeanAnomaly      72.50920
 }
}

Asteroid "Asbolus/(8405) Asbolus"
{
 ParentBody "Sol"
 AsterType  "Centaur"
 AbsMagn     9.1
 SlopeParam  0.15

Radius          33
 RotationPeriod  8.9351
 AlbedoGeom      0.13

Orbit
 {
 MeanMotion       0.01293170
 SemiMajorAxis    17.9762863
 Eccentricity     0.6198663
 Inclination      17.64024
 AscendingNode    6.15526
 ArgOfPericenter  290.11723
 MeanAnomaly      66.23370
 }
}

Asteroid "Pelion/(49036) Pelion"
{
 ParentBody "Sol"
 AsterType  "Centaur"
 AbsMagn     10.4
 SlopeParam  0.15

Radius      18.5  // http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/astro/tnoslist.html   

Orbit
 {
 MeanMotion       0.01109060
 SemiMajorAxis    19.9142926
 Eccentricity     0.1362077
 Inclination      9.34927
 AscendingNode    127.00872
 ArgOfPericenter  151.98781
 MeanAnomaly      97.21352
 }
}

Asteroid "Orius/(330836) Orius"
{
 ParentBody "Sol"
 AsterType  "Centaur"
 AbsMagn     9.9
 SlopeParam  0.15

Radius      23  // http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/astro/tnoslist.html    

Orbit
 {
 MeanMotion       0.00986300
 SemiMajorAxis    21.5343058
 Eccentricity     0.4209121
 Inclination      17.86157
 AscendingNode    50.36117
 ArgOfPericenter  140.79308
 MeanAnomaly      34.22072
 }
}

Asteroid "2012 BR61/(386968) 2012 BR61"
{
 ParentBody "Sol"
 AsterType  "Centaur"
 AbsMagn     9.4
 SlopeParam  0.15

Radius       29 // http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/astro/tnoslist.html    

Orbit
 {
 MeanMotion       0.00970920
 SemiMajorAxis    21.7610498
 Eccentricity     0.4634489
 Inclination      2.03500
 AscendingNode    24.44163
 ArgOfPericenter  158.33669
 MeanAnomaly      1.45445
 }
}

Asteroid "Rhiphonos/(346889) Rhiphonos"
{
 ParentBody "Sol"
 AsterType  "Centaur"
 AbsMagn     11.8
 SlopeParam  0.15

Radius       11.6
    AlbedoGeom   0.062   

Orbit
 {
 MeanMotion       0.02775040
 SemiMajorAxis    10.8049593
 Eccentricity     0.4423385
 Inclination      19.88690
 AscendingNode    11.53022
 ArgOfPericenter  13.52265
 MeanAnomaly      65.11432
 }
}

Asteroid "2000 OO67/(87269) 2000 OO67"
{
 ParentBody "Sol"
 AsterType  "Centaur"
 AbsMagn     9.2
 SlopeParam  0.15

Radius      32 // http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/astro/tnoslist.html     

Orbit
 {
 MeanMotion       0.00008540
 SemiMajorAxis    510.7144846
 Eccentricity     0.9593424
 Inclination      20.07166
 AscendingNode    142.37704
 ArgOfPericenter  212.29814
 MeanAnomaly      0.35261
 }
}

Asteroid "2013 RF98"
{
 ParentBody "Sol"
 AsterType  "Centaur"
 AbsMagn     8.7
 SlopeParam  0.15

Radius       42 // http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/astro/tnoslist.html      

Orbit
 {
 MeanMotion       0.00015140
 SemiMajorAxis    348.6192668
 Eccentricity     0.8964705
 Inclination      29.57168
 AscendingNode    67.59578
 ArgOfPericenter  311.78490
 MeanAnomaly      0.40460
 }
}
(EDIT, I just added a new object.)
Asteroid "2006 SQ372/(308933) 2006 SQ372"
{
 ParentBody "Sol"
 AsterType  "Centaur"
 AbsMagn     7.8
 SlopeParam  0.15

Radius      60.5 // http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/astro/tnoslist.html       

Orbit
 {
 MeanMotion       0.00004870
 SemiMajorAxis    743.0935531
 Eccentricity     0.9675026
 Inclination      19.49761
 AscendingNode    197.34269
 ArgOfPericenter  122.30495
 MeanAnomaly      0.17781
 }
}
Attachments
KuiperBelt.sc
Newest
(28.93 KiB) Downloaded 515 times
KuiperBelt-small.sc
Newest
(220.62 KiB) Downloaded 497 times

Permian Therapsid
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

05 May 2017 12:31

Fixed same Greek letter problem with Jovian Trojan 1998 MU31
Attachments
Asteroids-small.sc
Newest
(262.07 KiB) Downloaded 511 times

SpaceEngineer
Author of SpaceEngine
Author of SpaceEngine
Topic Author

06 May 2017 07:33

Great work Permian Therapsid! Did you edit each asteroid/TNO manually? It's a lot of work!
I integrated your catalogs to my dev build. Thanks!

PS: 2014 MU69 position in orbit is not precise, it is not aligned with Pluto (New Horizon trajectory). Maybe there is a mistake in MeanAnomaly or Epoch?

Permian Therapsid
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

06 May 2017 10:03

Great work Permian Therapsid! Did you edit each asteroid/TNO manually? It's a lot of work!
I integrated your catalogs to my dev build. Thanks!

PS: 2014 MU69 position in orbit is not precise, it is not aligned with Pluto (New Horizon trajectory). Maybe there is a mistake in MeanAnomaly or Epoch?
Tank you SpaceEngineer! Yes, I did it manually, it was a lot of work but I did not know any other way to do it. I did also do some fixes to Comets.sc catalog but I used the beta version as a base so I did not share it. I did also make a new catalog fix for the SolarSys.sc beta version.

Hmm. I did take data for orbits of all minor planets from MPC, including epochs. Considering 2014 MU69 I did use the epoch and other data in similar way. The epoch from MPC should be 2457800.5 and mean anomaly 309.63873. How far off the minor planet was on its real position? Should I have tried to find more precise orbital data for this TNO if I did not make a mistake while writing the orbital data for SE. Is it even possible to get the orbit more precise in current SpaceEngine version? 

I wonder how precise the positions of Pluto, Arawn and Quaoar are in SE considering the trajectory of New Horizons craft, as Pluto was its main mission and it was able to make some distant observations of Arawn and Quaoar.

http://www.minorplanetcenter.net/db_sea ... =2014+MU69

Another thing, I have ran into a problem considering the catalogs with current SpaceEngine version. I wonder is this a limitation in the game engine or some other problem. I tried to add some new near Earth asteroids to the SE catalogs, but it seems the game did not want to add all of them. Is there any way you could fix this for the new version if this problem is real. 

Also the conflict with Greek letters and provisional minor planet designations in SE code. It would be nice, if you would be able find a way to stop 2014 MU69 becoming 2014μ69. I had to write it as 2014 Mu69 instead. This did also affect 3 other objects in the catalog: 2004 MU8, 2005 NU125 and 1998 MU31.
Last edited by Permian Therapsid on 06 May 2017 11:07, edited 1 time in total.