Free planetarium

 
GeneralJoe344
Observer
Observer
Posts: 5
Joined: 13 Sep 2017

DoctorOfSpace's Mod Emporium v0.9.8.0

13 Sep 2017 10:37

Hey, DoctorOfSpace. Would it be possible for you to make a shippack with Warhammer 40K ships in it?
 
marscanwait
Observer
Observer
Posts: 12
Joined: 06 Sep 2017

DoctorOfSpace's Mod Emporium v0.9.8.0

15 Sep 2017 12:57

hi doctor are you able to make a darwin-IV system?
 
User avatar
JackDole
Pioneer
Pioneer
Posts: 572
Joined: 02 Nov 2016
Location: Terra

DoctorOfSpace's Mod Emporium v0.9.8.0

15 Sep 2017 13:08

marscanwait wrote:
Source of the post hi doctor are you able to make a darwin-IV system?

A Darwin IV system can be found here in the old forum: http://old.spaceengine.org/forum/17-325 ... 1464614281
 
marscanwait
Observer
Observer
Posts: 12
Joined: 06 Sep 2017

DoctorOfSpace's Mod Emporium v0.9.8.0

15 Sep 2017 17:27

JackDole wrote:
marscanwait wrote:
Source of the post hi doctor are you able to make a darwin-IV system?

A Darwin IV system can be found here in the old forum: http://old.spaceengine.org/forum/17-325 ... 1464614281

but can you update to the actual version please?
 
User avatar
JackDole
Pioneer
Pioneer
Posts: 572
Joined: 02 Nov 2016
Location: Terra

DoctorOfSpace's Mod Emporium v0.9.8.0

16 Sep 2017 02:52

marscanwait wrote:
Source of the post but can you update to the actual version please?

I can at the moment not test such addons with SE 0.980 because I currently have only a bad graphics card, with which SE 0.980 does not work properly.
But actually the addon should also work with SE 0.980. The differences between SE 0.974 RC2 and SE 0.980 are not as large.
 
A-L-E-X
World Builder
World Builder
Posts: 804
Joined: 06 Mar 2017

DoctorOfSpace's Mod Emporium v0.9.8.0

16 Sep 2017 02:54

what the heck is a Darwin 4 system?
 
 
A-L-E-X
World Builder
World Builder
Posts: 804
Joined: 06 Mar 2017

DoctorOfSpace's Mod Emporium v0.9.8.0

16 Sep 2017 03:34

Oh I thought it had something to do with the Kardashev scale.
 
User avatar
Phunnie
Observer
Observer
Posts: 16
Joined: 02 Aug 2017
Location: Canada

DoctorOfSpace's Mod Emporium v0.9.8.0

17 Sep 2017 10:01

Thanks Doc, Incredible mods!
 
User avatar
DoctorOfSpace
World Builder
World Builder
Topic Author
Posts: 854
Joined: 22 Aug 2016
Location: SpaceX Mars Colony
Contact:

DoctorOfSpace's Mod Emporium v0.9.8.0

20 Sep 2017 21:06

Started working with the ships from this thread
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=322

I can't really do much with the Juggernaut ship, I did adjust colors but I am not a fan of it.  I will still include it with the Aliens pack.

kipster, was kind enough to give me permission to update some Aliens ships so for the past few hours I have been putting a lot of effort into improving the Sulaco

I have added engine effects, ship has no glow map so can't be bothered to add one.  I redid the colors for the diffmaps through the SML file to give it a darker tone like the movie, I have also made a custom rusty metal specmap

Image
Image
Image

I will work on the dropship next, then try my hand at improving the Narcissus and Nostromo ships I ported before but those only have 1 texture so I may have to go with a detail diffmap.




Have tried to work on the dropship but have some problems with it, center of model doesn't want to line up, it spawns in the wrong place, camera placement is broken.  The model is also not that great so I may avoid this one for now.




Have got the Nostromo setup, haven't quite figured out how I will do the engine effects for it due to how complex they are.
Image
Image
Image

As you can see from this image, the engines are ridiculous
Image


CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 - GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition
Quando omni flunkus, moritati
 
User avatar
Quarior
Explorer
Explorer
Posts: 256
Joined: 11 Oct 2016
Location: Local Universe/Laniakea/Virgo SC/Local Group/Via Lactea/Orion–Cygnus Arm/Sol System/Gaia
Contact:

DoctorOfSpace's Mod Emporium v0.9.8.0

21 Sep 2017 02:20

DoctorOfSpace wrote:
Started working with the ships from this thread
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=322

I can't really do much with the Juggernaut ship, I did adjust colors but I am not a fan of it.  I will still include it with the Aliens pack.

kipster, was kind enough to give me permission to update some Aliens ships so for the past few hours I have been putting a lot of effort into improving the Sulaco

I have added engine effects, ship has no glow map so can't be bothered to add one.  I redid the colors for the diffmaps through the SML file to give it a darker tone like the movie, I have also made a custom rusty metal specmap

Image
Image
Image

I will work on the dropship next, then try my hand at improving the Narcissus and Nostromo ships I ported before but those only have 1 texture so I may have to go with a detail diffmap.




Have tried to work on the dropship but have some problems with it, center of model doesn't want to line up, it spawns in the wrong place, camera placement is broken.  The model is also not that great so I may avoid this one for now.




Have got the Nostromo setup, haven't quite figured out how I will do the engine effects for it due to how complex they are.
Image
Image
Image

As you can see from this image, the engines are ridiculous
Image



Oh very big work for add thruster effect one by one and HD texture. It is very nice work.
What did you said by "engines are ridiculous", it is a size comparaison or detail comparaison ? If the size, there are very big.
Good luck and continuation.
 
User avatar
DoctorOfSpace
World Builder
World Builder
Topic Author
Posts: 854
Joined: 22 Aug 2016
Location: SpaceX Mars Colony
Contact:

DoctorOfSpace's Mod Emporium v0.9.8.0

21 Sep 2017 07:58

Quarior wrote:
Source of the post What did you said by "engines are ridiculous"

It would take many hours to add single engine effects to them.  Haven't decided how I will do them.
CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 - GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition
Quando omni flunkus, moritati
 
User avatar
kipster
Space Tourist
Space Tourist
Posts: 31
Joined: 20 Aug 2017

DoctorOfSpace's Mod Emporium v0.9.8.0

21 Sep 2017 08:28

great work so far, the juggernaut wasnt a very good model and the textures were worse.
i could only get it to look passable in other apps using tons of AO and fog.
if you need glow-spec-bump maps made, i can certainly help.
"Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
 
User avatar
Quarior
Explorer
Explorer
Posts: 256
Joined: 11 Oct 2016
Location: Local Universe/Laniakea/Virgo SC/Local Group/Via Lactea/Orion–Cygnus Arm/Sol System/Gaia
Contact:

DoctorOfSpace's Mod Emporium v0.9.8.0

21 Sep 2017 09:47

DoctorOfSpace wrote:
Quarior wrote:
Source of the post What did you said by "engines are ridiculous"

It would take many hours to add single engine effects to them.  Haven't decided how I will do them.

Ah OK. Sorry, haven't idea for help you.
Good continuation and inspiration.
 
User avatar
DoctorOfSpace
World Builder
World Builder
Topic Author
Posts: 854
Joined: 22 Aug 2016
Location: SpaceX Mars Colony
Contact:

DoctorOfSpace's Mod Emporium v0.9.8.0

21 Sep 2017 16:20

kipster wrote:
Source of the post if you need glow-spec-bump maps made, i can certainly help.


Well the Sulaco only had glows for some indicator lights as far as I can tell, most ships from the Alien universe seem to not have any real ship lights.  The Nostromo I added a glow to the cockpit, but I don't think that is accurate.




I have rescaled the ships, they seemed ridiculously small going off of the wiki information so their sizes have now been doubled, mass remains the same.

Sulaco, toned the engine effect down a bit and did some minor tweaks
Image

Narcissus
Image
Image
Image

Nostromo, for this I was exceptionally lazy on the engines as they would take way too long to do otherwise. The downside is clipping when viewed from other angles
Image
Image
Image

Hopefully these are to your liking kipster
CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 - GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest