Ultimate space simulation software

tRetro-Visor
Explorer
Explorer
Topic Author

Solar System Upgrades (0990 Addon)

16 Jun 2019 00:04

1.- Titan Clouds
New set of Textures for Titan that features the Hydrogen Cyanide vortex at its south pole
EDIT: The clouds disappear at a certain distance and aren't visible in the system browser. I am unfamiliar as to why it happens

2.- Neptune Clouds
Height map based on the Diffuse texture to give the illusion of the cloud tops photographed by Voyager

3.- Haumea (Artist Impression)
Brand new diffuse and height map made by SnowfallTheCat. Features dark red area and fallen ring material

DOWNLOAD
place the .pak file in the Addons folder
Last edited by tRetro-Visor on 16 Aug 2019 21:43, edited 2 times in total.
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."

N0B0DY
Explorer
Explorer

Solar System Upgrade (0990 Addon)

16 Jun 2019 03:06

Looks beautiful! Thank You!
MSIX299MB,[email protected](8C/16T),[email protected](CL16),GTX1080Ti@11GBGDDR5X,OS:WIN10x64@2xSSDSATA3RAID0

Messier
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

16 Jun 2019 06:25

1.- Titan Clouds
New set of Textures for Titan that features the Hydrogen Cyanide vortex at its south pole

2.- Neptune Clouds
Height map based on the Diffuse texture to give the illusion of the cloud tops photographed by Voyager

Brand new diffuse and height map made by SnowfallTheCat. Features dark red area and fallen ring material

DOWNLOAD
Are Haumea's rings in the game? Because I couldn't see them.
The only Astrogriff

N3cronium
Astronaut
Astronaut

16 Jun 2019 22:44

1.- Titan Clouds

2.- Neptune Clouds

DOWNLOAD
Aren't they fixed in the June 15 update? https://steamcommunity.com/games/SpaceEngine/announcements/detail/1597003933820199945

tRetro-Visor
Explorer
Explorer
Topic Author

17 Jun 2019 00:32

I don't see anything wrong in my script for that to happen. It being fixed in the patch shouldn't interfere since I added a custom script for these 3 objects. I've got no clue why you don't have rings. Maybe you're in equinox or something idk

EDIT: Do you happen to have the HameaSF.pak file I've shared in discord? because that is mixed into this one and it shouldn't be used

Messier
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

19 Jun 2019 12:39

1.- Titan Clouds

2.- Neptune Clouds

DOWNLOAD
Aren't they fixed in the June 15 update? https://steamcommunity.com/games/SpaceEngine/announcements/detail/1597003933820199945
I have yet to go 'splorin around Haumea since the new patch, I'll check it out.
The only Astrogriff

N0B0DY
Explorer
Explorer

20 Jun 2019 14:28

tRetro-Visor,Sorry to interupt you again but I found a littlte bug in your add-on. But it's not a big deal - I can live without Titan's solar system browser mini-texture :)
MSIX299MB,[email protected](8C/16T),[email protected](CL16),GTX1080Ti@11GBGDDR5X,OS:WIN10x64@2xSSDSATA3RAID0

tRetro-Visor
Explorer
Explorer
Topic Author

01 Aug 2019 00:57

As sort of an announcement relating to this addon, I've decided to discontinue the "Titan's Clouds" part of this addon. If you want to use it, have at it. After a ton of trial and error attempting to make it look good and for it to work, I am unhappy with it

However, I worked on Titan again. This time, no new textures and not a radical new addition. Its more like "tweaks" to the current default Titan.
What it adds: 

-Color on the surface texture (through modulate color)
-Brightness and Color changes
-Cloud color and opacity changes

Download the .pak file here
[attachment=0]TitanChanges.pak[/attachment]

End result is something like this:

Cinematic Screenshot from Image Dump
Image[/font]
Attachments
TitanChanges.pak
(1.52 KiB) Downloaded 454 times

tRetro-Visor
Explorer
Explorer
Topic Author

16 Aug 2019 21:37

A Weekend on Titan (0990 Addon)

For the past weeks of this month (Starting Saturday 3rd) I overworked my nights to bring back Titan to its former glory.
It all Started with changes to brightness, clouds and colors, like before. But previously, in 0980, Titan had a fake, but with more detail on its lakes, made by SpaceEngineer as seen here:

^ Titan HD 0980 addon

The Start of this Solar System upgrade was bringing this map back, and I did it. But as I said, I overworked, and I went beyond the "forbidden" fence
In the process of bringing that old map back, I came across higher resolution sections of Titan's Ligeia Mare and Ontario Lacus areas thanks to Space Engineer

As I could not work with the full image of those patches, I had to sacrifice Resolution and detail for the sake of my computer not dying every 1 second. However, the results speak for themselves.
The only downside I can think of is the "patchy" look of the surrounding area. It is not a smooth transition from the levels of details, specially on Ontario Lacus.

DEFAULT 0990:

A WEEKEND ON TITAN ADDON:

Some things I'll point out quickly: Ocean depth and Elevation are based on assumptions. Ligeia Mare is known to be 200+ meters deep, and Titan's average elevation is 1 or more kilometers. I took some liberties on the elevation data for it to work properly and fix some bright specular spots on the equatorial region, not doing it excessively to not break real world data from Cassini

And to finish it off, I tweaked for the last time the script changes from Titan. Using Gordan Ugarkovic's RGB Images from Cassini as reference, Titan has a more closer-to-real color and brightness.
There's also an option for cloud layers in the Titan Script in the .pak file if you want them. I would not recommend it as it's prominent to crash the game

This has been a huge labor of love. I've learned a lot in the process, and I hope you people enjoy this as much as I enjoyed doing it for the past days. I'll call it finished, but there's obviously more coming in the future. This is the first release. With Klud back, I expect a proper 1:1 resolution port of Ligeia and Ontario from him, or from me, if I learn how to do what he has done.

DOWNLOAD LINK

Place the .pak file in the Addons Folder

gmail99
Observer
Observer

17 Aug 2019 03:33

That's amazing! congrats tRetro-Visor! i love the details of lakes and you did a wonderful job! keep it up!

tRetro-Visor
Explorer
Explorer
Topic Author

28 Aug 2019 23:50

New Saturn Texture (0990 Addon)

Has better cloud detail and an up-to-date north polar hexagon (This is based on Saturn as of now: Northern Summer)
Default:
Addon:

DOWNLOAD
Place the .pak file in the Addons Folder

earth
Astronaut
Astronaut

29 Nov 2020 14:16

1.- Titan Clouds
EDIT: The clouds disappear at a certain distance and aren't visible in the system browser. I am unfamiliar as to why it happens

2.- Neptune Clouds

DOWNLOAD
i need to report a bug titan is a ball of water

NasaGov2021
Observer
Observer

02 Apr 2021 10:21

Nice Mods! Make a terraformed solar system please