Ultimate space simulation software

PlutonianEmpire
Pioneer
Pioneer
Topic Author

PlutonianEmpire's Imperial Addon Archives

02 Nov 2016 18:29

This will be the official collection of my Space Engine addons, all together in one thread. I will reserve a few posts as separate categories. This will also be host to my main world building projects, some I've worked on for over a decade, which I will elaborate on in a post further down. :)

PSA:With the release of Space Engine 0.990, I must note that while I will continue making mods for 0.980 in an effort to avoid depriving users of the free version an enhanced experience, I can not guarantee that they will work in 0.990. Additionally, I can not guarantee I'll be able to provide support for these mods in 0.990, or any version after, due to the limitations of my laptop and the limitations of my budget.

(Unfortunately it has been discovered that my clouds shader mod *does not work* as intended in 0.990, and all my non-clouds shaders do not work at all in 0.990. Additionally, the basegame shaders have been made permanently proprietary and are thus locked behind a password wall, so theres literally no way at all I can figure out what code works vs what doesn't. Sowwy :( )

In any case, I am open to ideas and suggestions for improvements to these mods. I am also open to new submissions for my two world building projects, such as spaceships and background stories for various places.

I hope you like them! :)

To-do list:
  • Fulfill Neutron Airways's request for additional warp jets and airline liveries.
  • Create a 0.990 conversion for the warp planes.
  • Finish manually converting my palettes.cfg into 0.990's multi-cfg format, to increase planetary color diversity and because 0.990 has fallen victim to the "World of Beige (TM)" plague that infests doctor's offices and restaurants everywhere. :lol:
Last edited by PlutonianEmpire on 09 Apr 2021 16:12, edited 6 times in total.
Specs: STGAubron desktop PC; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060/PCIe/SSE2 12 GB Vram, Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz, 12 cpus; 32 GB RAM; Windows 11 x64

PlutonianEmpire
Pioneer
Pioneer
Topic Author

02 Nov 2016 18:56

The Plutonian Empire Universe
Version: 0.22.0

Update 0.22.0:I split the Solar System files into several unique packages, each with a specific (arbitrary) year as its name. This is to simulate the gradual evolution of the Solar System as the TPE transforms it over the course of 51,200 years.

The Plutonian Empire is my primary world building project that I've slowly worked on for the last 17 years, which got it's start in a good old fashioned game of Civilization II. Since then, it has become multi-platform, meaning I have it on several games, which will be my method of story telling. :)

This is a high fantasy space opera universe, so if you're not fond of witches, wizards, and demons flying around in FTL spaceships, this probably isn't the kind of storytelling for you. ;)

Set 51,200 years into the future, the Plutonian Empire is led by its founding King through 50 millenia of evolution, from a puny upstart rebel state on a brand new magical island in the South Atlantic, to complete conquest of an entire universe. Thousands of years of history, countless trillions of planets, and its fair share of successes and setbacks.

It's also terribly author self-insert, so please forgive me for declaring myself the King of the Universe. :D

And finally, Space Engine is not the only game the TPE shows up in! :D

In Civilization 2: Test of Time, my PlutoRising scenario covers the founding years, from 2020 to 2184. Available on CivFanatics. In Stellaris, The Plutonian Empire mod covers the first few Centuries of the Empire's FTL era. Available on the Steam Workshop ModDB. I'm still working on syncing all the canon for each story, but ja. :)

The bulk of my storytelling is on another game, the online political satire game NationStates, but I am adding it bit by bit to the SE wiki info boxes. I also have the TPE rendered in Sims 2, Sid Meier's Civilization II: Test of Time, SimCity 4, Classic Doom/Zandronum, and Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004. So far only the Civ 2 and Stellaris versions has been published, on a Civilization fan site and ModDB respectively.

The pak file for it includes multiple new star systems, some admittedly unfinished with missing moons, but I'm getting there. There will definitely be more systems and storylines added in the future. It's a nonstop project! :D It also includes my terrain mod as well, and some custom atmospheres (.atm models), including SE Atmospheres 2.0 from Pluton/Helleformer. The addon uses my probability config mods, but they not required but highly recommended to use with this Plutonian Empire Universe mod. It will help give that "space opera" feel, such as native multi-cell life around hot, short lived B class stars, which happens anyway in the TPE universe. I also tried to make life more prolific and more common as well, although some versions of SE are bugged so increasing the overall probability doesn't work in those versions, but the B star life will still appear.

Naturally, since this is set in the distant future, the night sky as seen from Sol *will* be different, but not (just) because of stellar proper motion, which SE lacks, but because of artificial, man-made stars nearby. And several Sol system bodies have been terraformed, as one can expect. 3 have been ejected from Sol completely.

I also included several new spacecraft models, one of which that I made with the SE ship editor last year. The rest are models that were originally created by third parties for Microsoft Flight Simulator, but converted for use in Space Engine by me. Credits at the bottom of the readme.

Installation (READ CAREFULLY):

To install, copy the tpe_base.pak file to the addons folder in your space engine folder. This time however, there are ALSO extra versions of the TPE Sol system. The numbers in the filenames represent (mostly arbitrary) calendar years. Each corresponding year represents how far the Plutonian Empire has transformed the Solar System. To see later changes, ***ADD ALL EARLIER YEARS INCLUDING THE YEAR YOU WANT TO SEE. THIS ADDON WILL NOT WORK OTHERWISE.*** To see an earlier change, just remove or relocate the later years you don't want anymore.

IMPORTANT: Again, tpeSol2100.pak will NOT work without tpe_base.pak. SIMILARLY, tpeSol2301.pak will NOT work without tpeSol2100.pak. And so on. This is true for ALL pak files in this mod.

To use the probability mods, go into your config folder and open main-user.cfg with a text editor such as notepad. Next open the tpe_main-user.cfg, copy the text in that file and paste it into your main-user.cfg, by either commenting out the old life probability generator settings or overwriting it.

Next, to see the custom Wiki Info in your game, open the tpe_wiki.cfg file, and copy and paste the contents into your user-eng-db.cfg, and save.

I will also add the updated .cfg files themselves to this post for the sake of redundancy, and to help inexperienced users, if possible. :)
tpe_wiki.cfg
(115.55 KiB) Downloaded 370 times
tpe_main-user.cfg
(11.18 KiB) Downloaded 375 times

Be sure to make a back up of your config files before doing this as a precaution in case something goes wrong!

Happy exploring!

The comet that signaled the rise of the Plutonian Empire on Earth in 2020 A.D.

Alien life-terras with city lights!

A shockwave, left over from the creation of an artificial star.

A Plutonian VIP warp plane surveying the dead Earth...

An ecemunopolis moon, and it's parent gas giant.

You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

One of several worlds, at home and abroad, that recieved canonical Wiki Info box updates!

For any questions, comments, etc., I can be e-mailed at [email protected]. I can also be contacted here via PM.
Credits:
	* 737 model created by Hiroshi Igami of the Project-Opensky team (now defunct).
	* 777 models all created by Melvin Rafi of MelJet.com
	* 747 models for "RingJet", "Belle Hadean Airways", and "Plutonian Airlines"
		all made by Chang Yeon, Vincent Cho of the Project-Opensky team (now defunct).
	* 747 model for "TPE Family Plane" created by Hiroshi Igami of the
		Project-Opensky team (now defunct).
	* 717-200/MD-95 model for "RingJet" created by Erick Cantu of Stewart-Global
		Aircraft (SGA, now defunct). Base paintkit textures by Erick Cantu,
		modified by me (PlutonianEmpire).
	* A-380 models + base textures all created by Robert Versluys. Textures
	* SS Galactic created by me (PlutonianEmpire) with Space Engine Ship Editor.
	* Tri-Ship entirely designed by me from scratch. :)
	* Atmosphere models all created by Helleformer. Credits for those go to him.
	* Pluto, Charon, Triton surface textures created by Snowfall.
	* Shaders by Me (PlutonianEmpire), Klud, and Rodrigo.

If I have missed ANY crediting at all, please message me and I will add them as soon as I can. :)
Changelog:

0.22.0:
	* Added a new custom galaxy complete with a few custom systems based on recent developments I have in mind in the TPE Storyline.
	* Added a custom system that I would have never found in the procedural world had it not been for a dream I had months ago. Pretty cool dreams can do that. :)
	* Removed useless "TPE-x" systems. They were favorites exported from previous version of SE and as such no longer bear their old natural beauty. ;_;
	* Added the military colors mod for the warp planes.
	* Added the Tri Ship. It may be small, but it can still blow up your worlds and supernova your sun. :)
	* Added the TPE Warp Probe from early TPE history that established official First Contact with the Empire's oldest allies, the Belle Hadeans.
	* Added a TPE-version of the Delta Trianguli/Belle Hades system. This will CONFLICT with the Lavender Skies version, so do not use these two universes together anymore!
	* Added Helleformer's custom atmospheres for increased diversity for the custom planets.
	* Added some textures for Pluto, Charon, and Triton. I *THINK* they were made by Snowfall, so credits go to him.
	* Again updated the built in shaders with my latest preferences; rolled in the rest of Rodrigo's Mod as well.
	* Added my planet atlas mod to increase the vibrance of the planetary textures. :)

0.21.0:
	* Split the TPE_Sol files into several, to simulate the gradual evolution of the Solar System as the TPE transforms it over the course of 51,200 years.
	* Updated shaders with my latest preferences.
	* Removed the jet planes. They will now be uploaded separately, to conserve file size.
	* Massive updates to the configs:
		* Added Custom Generator settings for user-main.cfg
		* Rewrote sections of user-eng-db.cfg with (hopefully) better storytelling.

0.20.1:
	* Meticulously went through entire TPE_Sol_xxx.sc files to try to optimize code and fill in missing information to help retain procedural features even during seed resets.
	* Added second cloud layer to Jupiter to help replicate Jupiter's desaturated appearance as seen by the naked eye.

0.20.0:
	* Updated Version Format to use 4 digits instead of 3.
	* Added To-Do List.
	* Incorporated Rodrigo's new shaders and merged with mine.
	* Added one new ship: The Tri-Ship. It is the Empire's most favorite vessel.
	* Overhauled the Solar System:
		~ Split and renamed the SolarSysTPE.sc file into two files, TPE_Sol_2020AD.sc and TPE_Sol_53200AD.sc, each representing their labelled time periods. Each have their own pak file. To view the "2020 AD" version, just move the "53200 AD" version to a temporary location.
		~ Ejected Mercury, Mars, and Saturn from Sol. They now orbit Sigma Draconis.
			* Replaced Mercury and Saturn with imported procedural planets.
			* Aurea Borealis now occupies Mars' orbit.
		~ Added 4 new planets interior to Mercury's orbit.
		~ All 6 new planets are named for ancient love goddesses.
		~ colorUpPlants on Pluto have been whitened, for a fake mimicking of snowfall.
		~ Merged "Mars Impactor" comet into TPE_Sol_2020.sc file.
		~ Changed Earth's atmosphere model for 53200 AD to "Thick," to better represent the polluted, trashed environment.
		~ Removed the code for the bump maps from Pluton's Solar System mod.
	* Added "Rem Galaxy," A Dead Disk Galaxy. This *will* reset your catalog galaxy seeds! Write down the first digits of your bookmarks (RS xxxx-, for example) before installing! Afterwards, go to your galaxies to see the new numbers to use for your bookmarks. Procedural galaxies are unaffected, but globulars are.
	* Updated tpe_wiki.cfg:
		~ Added description for Rem Galaxy
		~ Fixed issues with parentbody for some planets. They weren't showing up in the in-game wiki as a result.

0.13:
	* Added Kham132's volcano code for pseudo city lights.
	* Added pseudo-city lights to dozens of procedural worlds.
	* Added several new spacecraft models.
		~ One of them is a proper spacecraft. The rest are aeroplane models created by third parties for Microsoft Flight Simulator. I stuck with freeware paint kit models to help reduce copyright issues.
	* Added code to some SolSys planets to include the bumpmaps from Pluton's Solar System mod, but have not included them myself, so they are commented out by default.

0.12: Incorporated my Clouds shaders, and updated my terrain mod.

0.1: Initial Release
► List of Systems So Far
Last edited by PlutonianEmpire on 09 Apr 2021 17:48, edited 14 times in total.
Specs: STGAubron desktop PC; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060/PCIe/SSE2 12 GB Vram, Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz, 12 cpus; 32 GB RAM; Windows 11 x64

PlutonianEmpire
Pioneer
Pioneer
Topic Author

02 Nov 2016 20:03

The Lavender Skies Universe
Version 1.02
Deprecated! No longer supported!

This World building universe centers around a story I wrote and posted in my website, http://www.plutonianempire.net . I wrote it to cope with my anxiety about that whole 2012 thing. Now I just do it for fun alternate history. It is also a bit of a spinoff from my Plutonian Empire universe, but set in an entirely different universe, as I use a multiverse idea for my projects. :)

Ideas and submissions are welcome and encouraged for this project! :)

Download Link

Changelog:

Finally completed the Hadeus system. Dowload the .sc file attached to this post and install it to addons>catalogs>planets. The game should properly merge the existing system automatically. Made with 0.980.

Made several updates to the Delta Trianguli system. Belle Hades now has cloud bump heights many km's in height, to try to simulate a "stormy" environment.

Added several star systems, including a few real stars. As a result, any other addons you have taking place at Delta Trianguli, 8 Trianguli, Kepler-16, and Kepler-35 will conflict with this addon. Be warned!

Full system list:
8 Trianguli
Cassie
Chionius
Creepsana
Hadeus/Delta Trianguli
Kepler-16
Kepler-35
LS 1
LS 2
LS 3
LS 4
LS 5
LS 6
LS 7
LS 8
LS 9
LS 10
LS 11
LS 12
LBV 1806-20
Marduk (LS)
Tempestus
Two Eyes
Some of these systems are incomplete. I highly encourage submitting new or updated .sc files for improvements!

Custom Universe Generators (these go in user-main.cfg). I recommend deleting the cache folder after installing, to be safe.
// Planetary system generator probabilities
SolarSystemGenerator
{
// Lavender Skies Universe
ProbBinaryStar          0.5 // binary system probability    - 50% of all systems
ProbTripleStar          0.11 // triple system probability    - 11% of binary systems
ProbQuadrupleStar       0.22 // quadruple system probability - 22% of triple systems
ProbWolfRayetStar       0.05        // probability of Wolf-Rayet star        among all O-class stars
ProbCarbonStar          0.08        // probability of Carbon/Zirconium star  among all red giant stars
ProbPlanemo             0.45        // probability of planemo (rogue planet) among all systems at the last octree level
ProbSolitaryWD          0.033     // probability of solitary  white dwarf  among all systems at the last octree level
ProbSolitaryNS          0.00025   // probability of solitary  neutron star among all systems at the last octree level
ProbSolitaryBH          3e-005   // probability of solitary  black hole   among all systems at the last octree level
ProbCompanionWD         0.01     // probability of companion white dwarf  among all binary systems
ProbCompanionNS         0.005      // probability of companion neutron star among all binary systems
ProbCompanionBH         0.0075    // probability of companion black hole   among all binary systems
ProbBrownDwarf          0.025 // brown dwarf probability
ProbGasGiant            0.36 // gas giant probability
ProbHotGasGiant         0.012 // hot gas giant probability
ProbDryOceania          0.001 // probability of turning oceania into terra
ProbBinaryPlanetMoons   0.4         // probability of outer moons around binary planet
}

// Life generator probabilities
LifeGenerator
{
// Lavender Skies Universe
ProbLifeTerra           0.01 // probability of origin of life on terra
ProbLifeOceania         0.01 // probability of origin of life on oceania
ProbLifeDesert          0.002 // probability of origin of life on desert
ProbLifeIceWorld        0.005 // probability of origin of life on ice world (under ice)
ProbLifeTitan           0.01 // probability of origin of life on titan (exotic)
ProbLifeGiantOrg        0.001 // probability of origin of life on gas giant (floaters)
ProbLifeGiantExo        0.0002 // probability of origin of life on gas giant (floaters)
ProbPanspEjectTerra     1 // Probability of organic life spores ejection  on asteroid impact on terras (surface & ocean)
ProbPanspEjectOceania   0.01 // Probability of organic life spores ejection  on asteroid impact on oceanias (ocean)
ProbPanspEjectDesert    1 // Probability of organic life spores ejection  on asteroid impact on deserts (surface)
ProbPanspEjectIceWorld  0.005 // Probability of organic life spores ejection  on asteroid impact on ice worlds (subglacial)
ProbPanspEjectTitanOrg  0.002 // Probability of organic life spores ejection  on asteroid impact on titans (subglacial)
ProbPanspEjectTitanExo  1 // Probability of exotic  life spores ejection  on asteroid impact on titans (surface)
ProbPanspEjectGiantOrg  0.0001 // Probability of organic life spores ejection  on asteroid impact on gas giants (atmosphere)
ProbPanspEjectGiantExo  0.0001 // Probability of exotic  life spores ejection  on asteroid impact on gas giants (atmosphere)
ProbPanspInsertTerra    0.1 // Probability of organic life spores insertion on asteroid impact on terras (surface & ocean)
ProbPanspInsertOceania  0.2 // Probability of organic life spores insertion on asteroid impact on oceanias (ocean)
ProbPanspInsertDesert   0.04 // Probability of organic life spores insertion on asteroid impact on deserts (surface)
ProbPanspInsertIceWorld 0.001 // Probability of organic life spores insertion on asteroid impact on ice worlds (subglacial)
ProbPanspInsertTitanOrg 0.0003 // Probability of organic life spores insertion on asteroid impact on titans (subglacial)
ProbPanspInsertTitanExo 0.08    // Probability of exotic  life spores insertion on asteroid impact on titans (surface)
ProbPanspInsertGiantOrg 0.05    // Probability of organic life spores insertion on asteroid impact on gas giants (atmosphere)
ProbPanspInsertGiantExo 0.05    // Probability of exotic  life spores insertion on asteroid impact on gas giants (atmosphere)
LifeOrgAgeUni           0.6 // mean value of system age to develop unicellular    organic life (in billion years)
LifeOrgAgeUniDisp       0.25 // dispersion of system age to develop unicellular    organic life (in billion years)
LifeOrgAgeMulti         3.5 // mean value of system age to develop multicellular  organic life (in billion years)
LifeOrgAgeMultiDisp     0.7 // dispersion of system age to develop multicellular  organic life (in billion years)
LifeOrgAgeComplex       4 // mean value of system age to develop complex ground organic life (in billion years)
LifeOrgAgeComplexDisp   0.5 // dispersion of system age to develop complex ground organic life (in billion years)
LifeExoAgeUni           1.5 // mean value of system age to develop unicellular    exotic  life (in billion years)
LifeExoAgeUniDisp       0.4 // dispersion of system age to develop unicellular    exotic  life (in billion years)
LifeExoAgeMulti         4.5 // mean value of system age to develop multicellular  exotic  life (in billion years)
LifeExoAgeMultiDisp     1 // dispersion of system age to develop multicellular  exotic  life (in billion years)
LifeExoAgeComplex       6.5 // mean value of system age to develop complex ground exotic  life (in billion years)
LifeExoAgeComplexDisp   1.5 // dispersion of system age to develop complex ground exotic  life (in billion years)
}
------------

Systems:

Delta Trianguli/Hadeus:
► Show Spoiler
------------

Contact me here or at [email protected] if you encounter problems. :)
Attachments
Hadeus.sc
(122.12 KiB) Downloaded 942 times
Last edited by PlutonianEmpire on 09 Apr 2021 16:00, edited 9 times in total.

PlutonianEmpire
Pioneer
Pioneer
Topic Author

02 Nov 2016 20:10

Reserved for Galaxies, custom nebulae and clusters, and individual systems I've made.

Galaxies

Pluto Galaxy

This uncreatively named galaxy is a fictional and unrealistically colorful galaxy, just 1.68 million ly away from earth. I gave it the maximum radius available to procedural galaxies to maximize star count, and it therefore takes up a large part of Earth's night sky.

I have several texture models, from my few years of tweaking it for SpaceEngine, mainly to add some randomness to the procedural galaxies generated by SpaceEngine. :D

To install, simply place the .pak file into your addons folder, and delete the cache. That's it! :)

Saturn Galaxy

After the purple galaxy above, I figured, "Hey, why not a green one?" :D  Also you might recognize this one, it's based on the Free-To-Use galaxy image provided by Kexitt! :)

This time it's much less in your face in Earth's night sky ;)

Simply install to your addons folder. That's it! (And I think I did the file structure correctly this time. :lol: )

Planets/Moons

Proxima b

This is the same Proxima b that exists in the Plutonian Empire Universe, but I'm adding it as a separate download as well. Procedural system included. :)
proxima.pak
(128.8 KiB) Downloaded 902 times
Screenshot taken with ReShade. :)

Hera

Hera, a fictional lifeterra moon for Jupiter. A bit of "alternate history", if you will. ;) Imagine how different the Solar System might have been if Jupiter managed to form or even snatch an Earth-size moon during the tumultuous beginnings of our star system...
hera.sc
(2.77 KiB) Downloaded 1216 times
To install: Copy or move to your Addons>catalogs>planets folder. If these folders do not exist, create them. That's it! Happy exploring! :)

Screenshots taken with ReShade. :)

Tilted Earth

Just for fun: a "tilted Earth" mod, where I bumped up our obliquity. :D
DreamSys3.sc
Filename due to inspiration from a dream.
(189 Bytes) Downloaded 932 times
New Obliquity: 79.91963239

Spitfire

"A Deity has come to Sol, and decided to help spare the Earth from Global Warming. So she split 8% of the sun's Mass to add a second sun. Despite the IAU's objections, the Deity demanded the new sun be named Spitfire. This is our story..." ~ Morgan Freeman, Spitfire, 2022 AD.
spitfire.pak
(1.33 KiB) Downloaded 776 times

Important! Due to a bug in Space Engine, some comets will show up at the barycenter, because of incorrect period calculations. Be sure to turn comet tails OFF while exploring Sol with this mod! :)

Earth With Rings

I originally made this for Celestia, and have ported it to Space Engine. I replaced the default clouds with 3 procedural layers because the default clouds are ugly and its source image is over 15 years old. To make the clouds resemble the screenshots, use either Rodrigo's clouds, my clouds, or both. This addon should work with every version that uses .pak files. :)
earthrings.pak
(11.57 KiB) Downloaded 836 times

Doomsday Gas Giant

Originally inspired by a 1930's doomsday novel, made for celestia then converted to SE long ago, I may or may not have been spontaneously overcome with a sudden urge to one-up a certain reddit post. :P

For 0.980 only.

(BEWARE: This mod mucks up spaceflight in the Sol System, causing ships to not reference objects corretly and therefore end up flying through them.)
plutonium.sc
(10 KiB) Downloaded 598 times

Another quickie for 0.980 to highlight a well-known absurdity in the astronomical community that should not be allowed to exist:

Oh I'm sorry, Earth! You are no longer able to clear your orbit! You no longer deserve to be a planet! DEMOTED! :P
dwarfplanet_earth.sc
Haha, too bad for you!
(326.39 KiB) Downloaded 581 times

Enjoy! :)
Last edited by PlutonianEmpire on 05 Oct 2019 06:28, edited 16 times in total.

PlutonianEmpire
Pioneer
Pioneer
Topic Author

02 Nov 2016 20:16

Spacecraft:

Warp Planes (TPE Universe) 1.01

I have several new spacecraft models, that were originally created by third parties for Microsoft Flight Simulator, but converted for use in Space Engine by me. Credits at the bottom of the readme. They have a max Warp/Hyper Factor of 24, so I highly recommend using the mouse wheel to adjust the warp factors, to avoid overshooting.

1.01 As requested by XBrain130, I have created blank, generic military colors of the warp planes. Unfortunately I could not use plain white, due to file redistribution limitations on the original paint kits and textures. The military colors set will be kept separate from the Airlines version.
SpaceEngine 2017-02-10 22-20-13.png
SpaceEngine 2017-02-10 22-52-12.png
SpaceEngine 2019-10-28 22-44-35.png
Airlines:

Generic Military Colors:

Model Credits:
 * 777 models all created by Melvin Rafi of MelJet.com
 * 747 models for "RingJet", "Belle Hadean Airways", and "Plutonian Airlines"
 all made by Chang Yeon, Vincent Cho of the Project-Opensky team (now defunct).
 * 747 model for "TPE Family Plane" created by Hiroshi Igami of the
 Project-Opensky team (now defunct).
 * 717-200/MD-95 model for "RingJet" created by Erick Cantu of Stewart-Global
 Aircraft (SGA, now defunct). Base paintkit textures by Erick Cantu,
 * A-330 models + Base Textures by Project OpenSky (POSKY). Textures modified
by me.
 * A-380 models + base textures all created by Robert Versluys. Textures
Plutonian Tri-Ships (TPE Universe)

Edit: It has come to my attention that the file paths for my Tri Ship addon are done wrong.

Edit 2: Fix has been uploaded! Please re-download! :)

I am pleased to reveal that I am finally ready to release the next set of spaceships. They are Tri-Ships, Triangular 10-mile wide interstellar vehicles that are the TPE's most well-known military vessel. Their seemingly "small" size defies what one would expect, for their super-weapons pack the power of a Death Star into a compact spaceship, giving them the ability to destroy planets. And in some cases, small stars.

The ship lights will come in 3 colors, and therefore 3 seperate ships in the menu will be seen, to see which alliance or Defence Forces branch controls the selected ship.

Happy exploring!

For any questions, comments, etc., I can be e-mailed at [email protected].
Last edited by PlutonianEmpire on 28 Oct 2019 23:51, edited 8 times in total.

PlutonianEmpire
Pioneer
Pioneer
Topic Author

02 Nov 2016 21:09

This post will be for my "behind-the-scenes" mods, such as shader mods, Main-User.cfg tweaks, and so forth.

--------------------

Shaders

Rodrigo's Mod Reupload
rodrigosmod098.pak
(27.58 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
PlutonianEmpire's Terrain and Clouds Mod

2023 Version:
tpe_terrain_2023.pak
(29.5 KiB) Downloaded 99 times

Mod Version Number: 1.06
(Still available for those who like the larger mountains. :) )
tpe_terrain_&_clouds_mod.pak
(29.51 KiB) Downloaded 443 times
If you just want the terrain but not the clouds:
TPE_Terrain_2021.pak
(27.86 KiB) Downloaded 387 times

If you just want my clouds but without the terrain changes, here ya go. :)
TPE_Clouds_2021.pak
(1.79 KiB) Downloaded 322 times
Beware! This mod WILL exponentially increase cloud coverage on all planets that have more than one cloud layer, due to a limitation of the shaders that I unfortunately *could not overcome*. If this impacts your custom planets negatively enough, I highly recommend adding an extra "0" immediately after the decimal point "." in the "Coverage" parameter, inside the Clouds {} tag, inside the .sc file for your custom planets. Example "Coverage        0.1778928" becomes "Coverage        0.01778928".

Installation: Just download the pak files into the addons folder. Say yes if your computer asks to replace files. :)

Credits: This mod uses code from me, Rodrigo, Klud, and various other authors.

Main-User.cfg Tweaks

Universe Generator Mod: More Terras!

Before SpaceEngine 0.980: Make a backup copy of *universe.cfg* please.
In SpaceEngine 0.980 and Later: Make a backup copy of *main-user.cfg* please.

For the easily lonely explorers like me, this mod sets many more Oceanias to be generated as Terras instead, hopefully increasing the probability of finally finding that Earth 2.0 we've been longing for. Works great with the Life Mod below! :D
SolarSystemGenerator
{
 ProbBinaryStar          0.5 // binary system probability    - 50% of all systems
 ProbTripleStar          0.11 // triple system probability    - 11% of binary systems
 ProbQuadrupleStar       0.22 // quadruple system probability - 22% of triple systems
 ProbWolfRayetStar       0.05        // probability of Wolf-Rayet star        among all O-class stars
 ProbCarbonStar          0.08        // probability of Carbon/Zirconium star  among all red giant stars
 ProbPlanemo             0.45        // probability of planemo (rogue planet) among all systems at the last octree level
 ProbSolitaryWD          0.033     // probability of solitary  white dwarf  among all systems at the last octree level
 ProbSolitaryNS          0.00025   // probability of solitary  neutron star among all systems at the last octree level
 ProbSolitaryBH          3e-005   // probability of solitary  black hole   among all systems at the last octree level
 ProbCompanionWD         0.01     // probability of companion white dwarf  among all binary systems
 ProbCompanionNS         0.005      // probability of companion neutron star among all binary systems
 ProbCompanionBH         0.0075    // probability of companion black hole   among all binary systems
 ProbBrownDwarf          0.025 // brown dwarf probability
 ProbGasGiant            0.36 // gas giant probability
 ProbHotGasGiant         0.012 // hot gas giant probability
 ProbDryOceania          0.99 // probability of turning oceania into terra
 ProbBinaryPlanetMoons   0.4         // probability of outer moons around binary planet
}

Life Probability Mod

Before SpaceEngine 0.980: Make a backup copy of *universe.cfg* please.
In SpaceEngine 0.980 and Later: Make a backup copy of *main-user.cfg* please.

High mass star systems were getting lonely, so I tweaked the "Life Probability" parameters in universe.cfg to both increase the overall chances of life occurring in the universe, as well as to use minimal system age requirements to allow A and B stars to give rise to lifeterras with complex multicellular life. This basically gives the Space Engine universe a more "space opera" or "space fantasy" feel with proliferating life on a lot more worlds and higher mass star systems, as opposed to the rather lonely "Rare Earth" universe that SE generates normally.
// life probability settings
{
 ProbLifeTerra           30.0 // probability of origin of life on terra
 ProbLifeOceania         3.0 // probability of origin of life on oceania
 ProbLifeDesert          2.0 // probability of origin of life on desert
 ProbLifeIceWorld        5.0 // probability of origin of life on ice world (under ice)
 ProbLifeTitan           1.0 // probability of origin of life on titan (exotic)
 ProbLifeGiantOrg        0.001 // probability of origin of life on gas giant (floaters)
 ProbLifeGiantExo        0.0002 // probability of origin of life on gas giant (floaters)
 ProbPanspEjectTerra     15.0 // Probability of organic life spores ejection  on asteroid impact on terras (surface & ocean)
 ProbPanspEjectOceania   0.1 // Probability of organic life spores ejection  on asteroid impact on oceanias (ocean)
 ProbPanspEjectDesert    15.0 // Probability of organic life spores ejection  on asteroid impact on deserts (surface)
 ProbPanspEjectIceWorld  0.5 // Probability of organic life spores ejection  on asteroid impact on ice worlds (subglacial)
 ProbPanspEjectTitanOrg  0.2 // Probability of organic life spores ejection  on asteroid impact on titans (subglacial)
 ProbPanspEjectTitanExo  15.0 // Probability of exotic  life spores ejection  on asteroid impact on titans (surface)
 ProbPanspEjecGiantOrg   0.0001 // Probability of organic life spores ejection  on asteroid impact on gas giants (atmosphere)
 ProbPanspEjectGiantExo  0.0001 // Probability of exotic  life spores ejection  on asteroid impact on gas giants (atmosphere)
 ProbPanspInsertTerra    15.0 // Probability of organic life spores insertion on asteroid impact on terras (surface & ocean)
 ProbPanspInserOceania   2.0 // Probability of organic life spores insertion on asteroid impact on oceanias (ocean)
 ProbPanspInsertDesert   0.4 // Probability of organic life spores insertion on asteroid impact on deserts (surface)
 ProbPanspInsertIceWorld 0.01 // Probability of organic life spores insertion on asteroid impact on ice worlds (subglacial)
 ProbPanspInsertTitanOrg 0.003 // Probability of organic life spores insertion on asteroid impact on titans (subglacial)
 ProbPanspInsertTitanExo 0.8    // Probability of exotic  life spores insertion on asteroid impact on titans (surface)
 ProbPanspInsertGiantOrg 0.5    // Probability of organic life spores insertion on asteroid impact on gas giants (atmosphere)
 ProbPanspInsertGiantExo 0.5    // Probability of exotic  life spores insertion on asteroid impact on gas giants (atmosphere)
 LifeOrgAgeUni           0.02 // (0.02 or 0.40) mean value of system age to develop unicellular    organic life (in billion years)
 LifeOrgAgeUniDisp       0.01 // (0.01 or 0.39) dispersion of system age to develop unicellular    organic life (in billion years)
 LifeOrgAgeMulti         0.05 // (0.05 or 1.50) mean value of system age to develop multicellular  organic life (in billion years)
 LifeOrgAgeMultiDisp     0.01 // (0.01 or 0.60) dispersion of system age to develop multicellular  organic life (in billion years)
 LifeOrgAgeComplex       0.08 // (0.08 or 2.00) mean value of system age to develop complex ground organic life (in billion years)
 LifeOrgAgeComplexDisp   0.01 // (0.01 or 0.40) dispersion of system age to develop complex ground organic life (in billion years)
 LifeExoAgeUni           0.04 // (0.04 or 0.60) mean value of system age to develop unicellular    exotic  life (in billion years)
 LifeExoAgeUniDisp       0.01 // (0.01 or 0.25) dispersion of system age to develop unicellular    exotic  life (in billion years)
 LifeExoAgeMulti         0.08 // (0.07 or 3.50) mean value of system age to develop multicellular  exotic  life (in billion years)
 LifeExoAgeMultiDisp     0.01 // (0.01 or 0.70) dispersion of system age to develop multicellular  exotic  life (in billion years)
 LifeExoAgeComplex       0.12 // (0.10 or 4.00) mean value of system age to develop complex ground exotic  life (in billion years)
 LifeExoAgeComplexDisp   0.01 // (0.01 or 0.50) dispersion of system age to develop complex ground exotic  life (in billion years)
}
To install, just copypasta the text provided here, over the existing life probability settings (deleting the old settings) in universe.cfg / user_main.cfg and save.

Enjoy. :)

Some screenshots:

Solar Procedural Neighborhood Mod

The Solar Neighborhood is nice, but a bit lonely, IMO. So just for FUN, I reduced the limitations in the StarGenerator tag in main-user.cfg:
StarGenerator
{
 StarMaxAppMagn         -2.0 // max apparent magnitude of procedural stars while looking from Solar system
 StarMinDistNormal       0.01 // min distance from the Sun to procedural stars (except brown dwarfs and stellar remnants)
 StarMinDistBrownDwarf   0.02 // min distance from the Sun to procedural brown dwarfs
 StarMinDistRemnant      0.03 // min distance from the Sun to procedural black holes, neutron stars and white dwarfs
 StarDensityInGalaxy     1 // procedural stars density in galaxies
 StarDensityInCluster    1.2 // procedural stars density in star clusters
 StarProcBifurcation     true // enable procedural bifurcation of solitary catalog stars
}
Totally unrealistic and not at all like reality, this is simply for those who want our part of the Galaxy to more resemble a "typical" neighborhood for a Space Engine spiral galaxy.

Have Fun! :D

Pseudo-0.990 Detail Textures

If you're slightly impatient like I am, I found a simple setting that can re-scale surface textures to resemble the highly detailed environments in Space Engine 0.990. Towards the bottom of main-user.cfg, you can find the PlanetGenerator tag. It does NOT actually port the 0.990 terrain over! It merely resembles it!

Replace this:
PlanetDetailTexScale    16384 // scale of detail textures
With this:
PlanetDetailTexScale    32768 // scale of detail textures (remove cache if needed to apply changes)
Before:

After:

Enjoy! :D

------------

Color Palettes & Atlas

Installing Color Palettes

To install custom color palettes, go into your SpaceEngine>Addons folder, and create the following folder structure: textures>common, meaning create a new folder called "textures" and then create another new folder inside that called "common". Without quotes of course. Finally, place the palette.cfg into the common folder. If it isn't named "palette.cfg", rename it to "palette.cfg".

Important: Delete the cache folder after installing new palettes or modifying existing ones! If you don't, you may be unable to notice any changes in the colors of procedural planets!

Full Range Palette 1.01

Almost a hundred styles for planets, originally compiled by Toty and several other users, tweaked and re-compiled by me:
palette.cfg
(294.79 KiB) Downloaded 1432 times
Custom Atlas Image

I have enhanced the clarity of the existing Planet Atlas textures, with no resizing for better compatibility with lower end computers. Bonus Points: Use this together with my detail textures mod earlier in this post! :D

Installation: This image file goes into the <SE>/addons/textures/common folder. Again, like with the palettes, DELETE the Cache folder from the main SpaceEngine folder after installing or removing this mod!

Before:

After:

Conversions for 0.990

IMPORTANT: Delete the cache after installing shaders!

Config Mods:
	// TPE Universe
	ProbBinaryStar          0.5			// binary system probability    - 50% of all systems
	ProbTripleStar          0.11		// triple system probability    - 11% of binary systems
	ProbQuadrupleStar       0.22		// quadruple system probability - 22% of triple systems
	ProbSolitaryWD          0.033    	// probability of solitary  white dwarf  among all systems at the last octree level
	ProbSolitaryNS          0.00025  	// probability of solitary  neutron star among all systems at the last octree level
	ProbSolitaryBH          0.00003  	// probability of solitary  black hole   among all systems at the last octree level
	ProbKernPlanemo         0.70        // probability of planemo (rogue planet) among all systems at the last octree level in the galactic kern
	ProbKernSolitaryWD      0.18    	// probability of solitary  white dwarf  among all systems at the last octree level in the galactic kern
	ProbKernSolitaryNS      0.05 	 	// probability of solitary  neutron star among all systems at the last octree level in the galactic kern
	ProbKernSolitaryBH      0.03 	 	// probability of solitary  black hole   among all systems at the last octree level in the galactic kern
	ProbCompanionWD         0.01     	// probability of companion white dwarf  among all binary systems
	ProbCompanionNS         0.005  	    // probability of companion neutron star among all binary systems
	ProbCompanionBH         0.0075	    // probability of companion black hole   among all binary systems
	ProbBrownDwarf          0.025		// brown dwarf probability
	ProbGasGiant            0.12		// gas giant probability
	ProbIceGiant            0.25		// ice giant probability
	ProbHotGasGiant         0.0049		// hot gas giant probability
	ProbHotIceGiant         0.0532		// hot ice giant probability
	ProbHotTerra            0.0042		// hot terrestrial planet probability
	ProbColdTerra           0.6			// probability of a cold/frozen rocky planet
	ProbMassiveMoonGasGiant 0.25		// probability of a very massive moon of a gas giant planet
	ProbMassiveMoonTerra    0.1			// probability of a very massive moon of a terrestrial planet
	ProbBinaryGasGiant      0.01		// probability of extremely massive moon of a gas giant planet (binary planet)
	ProbBinaryTerra         0.08		// probability of extremely massive moon of terrestrial planet (binary planet)
	ProbBinaryPlanetMoons   0.6         // probability of outer moons around binary planet
	// TPE Universe; Assume Complex Life = Multicell Land Life;
	//  Assume Panspermia of Complex Life = Human and/or Alien Colonization
	//  and/or the standard Life Spores assumption.
	//  TPE is Space Opera, expect lots of life! :3
	ProbLifeOrgTerra        1.0		// probability of origin of organic life on non-arid worlds (surface & ocean)
	ProbLifeOrgOceania      1.0		// probability of origin of organic life on ocean worlds (ocean)
	ProbLifeOrgDesert       1.0	// probability of origin of organic life on arid worlds (surface)
	ProbLifeOrgIceWorld     1.0	// probability of origin of organic life on ice worlds (subglacail)
	ProbLifeOrgGiant        0.0001	// probability of origin of organic life on gas giants (atmosphere)
	ProbLifeExotTerra       0.75		// probability of origin of exotic  life on non-arid worlds (surface & ocean)
	ProbLifeExoOceania      0.3	// probability of origin of exotic  life on ocean worlds (ocean)
	ProbLifeExoDesert       0.2	// probability of origin of exotic  life on arid worlds (surface)
	ProbLifeExoIceWorld     0.5	// probability of origin of exotic  life on ice worlds (subglacail)
	ProbLifeExoGiant        0.0002	// probability of origin of exotic  life on gas giants (atmosphere)
	ProbPanspEjectTerra     1.0		// Probability of organic life spores ejection  on asteroid impact on non-arid worlds (surface & ocean)
	ProbPanspEjectOceania   1.0	// Probability of organic life spores ejection  on asteroid impact on ocean worlds (ocean)
	ProbPanspEjectDesert    1.0		// Probability of organic life spores ejection  on asteroid impact on arid worlds (surface)
	ProbPanspEjectIceWorld  0.3	// Probability of organic life spores ejection  on asteroid impact on ice worlds (subglacial)
	ProbPanspEjectGiant     0.0001	// Probability of organic life spores ejection  on asteroid impact on gas giants (atmosphere)
	ProbPanspInsertTerra    1.0		// Probability of organic life spores insertion on asteroid impact on non-arid worlds (surface & ocean)
	ProbPanspInsertOceania  1.0		// Probability of organic life spores insertion on asteroid impact on ocean worlds (ocean)
	ProbPanspInsertDesert   0.1	// Probability of organic life spores insertion on asteroid impact on arid worlds (surface)
	ProbPanspInsertIceWorld 0.3	// Probability of organic life spores insertion on asteroid impact on ice worlds (subglacial)
	ProbPanspInsertGiant    0.0005    // Probability of organic life spores insertion on asteroid impact on gas giants (atmosphere)
	LifeOrgAgeUni           0.02		// mean value of system age to develop unicellular    organic life (in billion years)
	LifeOrgAgeUniDisp       0.05	// dispersion of system age to develop unicellular    organic life (in billion years)
	LifeOrgAgeMulti         0.05		// mean value of system age to develop multicellular  organic life (in billion years)
	LifeOrgAgeMultiDisp     0.01		// dispersion of system age to develop multicellular  organic life (in billion years)
	LifeOrgAgeComplex       0.08		// mean value of system age to develop complex ground organic life (in billion years)
	LifeOrgAgeComplexDisp   0.01		// dispersion of system age to develop complex ground organic life (in billion years)
	LifeExoAgeUni           0.04		// mean value of system age to develop unicellular    exotic  life (in billion years)
	LifeExoAgeUniDisp       0.01		// dispersion of system age to develop unicellular    exotic  life (in billion years)
	LifeExoAgeMulti         0.08		// mean value of system age to develop multicellular  exotic  life (in billion years)
	LifeExoAgeMultiDisp     0.01		// dispersion of system age to develop multicellular  exotic  life (in billion years)
	LifeExoAgeComplex       0.12		// mean value of system age to develop complex ground exotic  life (in billion years)
	LifeExoAgeComplexDisp   0.01		// dispersion of system age to develop complex ground exotic  life (in billion years)
	// TPE Universe
	StarMaxAppMagn         -2.0		// max apparent magnitude of procedural stars while looking from Solar system
	StarMinDistNormal       0.01		// min distance from the Sun to procedural stars (except brown dwarfs and stellar remnants)
	StarMinDistBrownDwarf   0.02		// min distance from the Sun to procedural brown dwarfs
	StarMinDistRemnant      0.03		// min distance from the Sun to procedural black holes, neutron stars and white dwarfs
	StarDensityInGalaxy     1		// procedural stars density in galaxies
	StarDensityInCluster    1.2		// procedural stars density in star clusters
	StarProcBifurcation     true	// enable procedural bifurcation of solitary catalog stars
Attachments
tpet_readme1_05.txt
(1.48 KiB) Downloaded 682 times
Last edited by PlutonianEmpire on 12 Dec 2023 20:36, edited 35 times in total.

PlutonianEmpire
Pioneer
Pioneer
Topic Author

02 Nov 2016 21:15

Here will go mods that don't seem to fit the other categories.

--------------------

Miscellaneous

PlutonianEmpire's Music Mod 1.0

(~250 mb!)
TPE_Music_1.jpg
This is my music mod. There are two context files, one for if you're just using my music mod; and the other if you're using this music mod together with Pluton's A-L-E-X's music mod. Also, as a bonus, the context file includes some of the Objects that appear in some of my other mods! It should load fine even if you don't have these planets. :)

***I have done my best to make sure the artists are properly accredited in both the file names and titles.***

A-L-E-X's Music Mod is here: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=180

Questions? Comments? Need troubleshooting? Either e-mail me at [email protected], or post on my mod thread here. :)

EDIT: I double checked my subscriptions, and it was Alex, not Pluton, who posted their music mod. My Bad!

Link for the curious: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=180

Installation:
===============================

Just extract the music folder into your SpaceEngine\Addons folder.

Next, take the the context file of your choosing, extract it into your new SpaceEngine\Addons\Music folder, and rename it to "context.cfg", without the quotes.

Now launch Space Engine and explore! :D

--------------------

"Outpost" UI

This is a user interface design based on the old 90's pc game Outpost. Most of it is good, however I was unable to make the box borders green like in the original game. If anyone had any ideas how to fix that I welcome them. :)
Outpost skin.7z
Updated to include the actual green borders! Install procedure is the same. The HUD buttons are now partially orange like I originally intended
(202.48 KiB) Downloaded 682 times

Installation:
===============================

If the folder does not exist yet, create a folder named "common" (sans quotes), under the addons>textures directory, and place the "Outpost skin.cfg" file in the new "common" folder. Enjoy! :D
Last edited by PlutonianEmpire on 04 Aug 2018 04:06, edited 5 times in total.

PlutonianEmpire
Pioneer
Pioneer
Topic Author

06 Nov 2016 01:18

Two new mods:

------------

Pluto Galaxy

This uncreatively named galaxy is a fictional and unrealistically colorful galaxy, just 1.68 million ly away from earth. I gave it the maximum radius available to procedural galaxies to maximize star count, and it therefore takes up a large part of Earth's night sky.

I have several texture models, from my few years of tweaking it for SpaceEngine, mainly to add some randomness to the procedural galaxies generated by SpaceEngine. :D

To install, simply place the .pak file into your addons folder, and delete the cache. That's it! :)

------------
► Obsolete
------------

Enjoy! :)
Attachments
tmp_22612-tg_clouds_height1138653873.glsl
(2.42 KiB) Downloaded 966 times
Last edited by PlutonianEmpire on 07 Jun 2018 01:16, edited 1 time in total.

zinna
Observer
Observer

30 Nov 2016 12:40

I can't find your awesome Shaders .zip file..
Nice job anyway

MatsoftwareAtHereToo
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

01 Dec 2016 08:58

I like your Pluto Galaxy[DOT] I have a forum where we can discuss our addons: http://seandcelmodderscommunity.createaforum.com/
My mods, My forum
The new website is too dark|DOT| Matsoftware from the old forum[DOT]

PlutonianEmpire
Pioneer
Pioneer
Topic Author

06 Dec 2016 15:15

I can't find your awesome Shaders .zip file..
Nice job anyway
Thank you for catching that. I have attached it to the post, filename V1.0.zip. Enjoy! :)

N0B0DY
Explorer
Explorer

09 Dec 2016 14:52

Reserved for Galaxies, custom nebulae and clusters, and individual systems I've made.

Galaxies

Pluto Galaxy

Hi! I followed your instructions but the galaxy is simply invisible (and non existent in F3 menu) for me unfortunately :(.
MSIX299MB,[email protected](8C/16T),[email protected](CL16),GTX1080Ti@11GBGDDR5X,OS:WIN10x64@2xSSDSATA3RAID0

PlutonianEmpire
Pioneer
Pioneer
Topic Author

09 Dec 2016 20:16

Ohhh man. To think I made this mistake twice. :'(

The problem with Pluto Galaxy is that I'm not quite paying attention when I initially zip up the add on. When I right click on the folder and tell windows to "send to>zip file", I keep thinking it sends the contents of the plutogal folder to a zip file when, in reality, it puts the folder inside an entirely new zip file. I will need to reupload my addons that were incorrectly packaged.

Until then, a good work around is to take the pak file out of the addons folder, rename the .pak to .zip (make sure you set your computer to reveal file types), and then enter zip file where you will find the plutogal folder. Extract that to your addons folder. It should now be visible. :)

Thank you for posting, N0b0dy! :)

N0B0DY
Explorer
Explorer

10 Dec 2016 00:37

Ohhh man. To think I made this mistake twice. :'(

The problem with Pluto Galaxy is that I'm not quite paying attention when I initially zip up the add on. When I right click on the folder and tell windows to "send to>zip file", I keep thinking it sends the contents of the plutogal folder to a zip file when, in reality, it puts the folder inside an entirely new zip file. I will need to reupload my addons that were incorrectly packaged.

Until then, a good work around is to take the pak file out of the addons folder, rename the .pak to .zip (make sure you set your computer to reveal file types), and then enter zip file where you will find the plutogal folder. Extract that to your addons folder. It should now be visible. :)

Thank you for posting, N0b0dy! :)
Thanks for notifying Plutonian! However the galaxy is still invisible but I found out why: You forgot to put the galaxies folder (that contains the catalog .sc file) inside a catalogs folder before packing it up :).
MSIX299MB,[email protected](8C/16T),[email protected](CL16),GTX1080Ti@11GBGDDR5X,OS:WIN10x64@2xSSDSATA3RAID0

PlutonianEmpire
Pioneer
Pioneer
Topic Author

11 Dec 2016 13:32

I have re-uploaded my Pluto Galaxy pak. The file structure should work properly now. :)