The Plutonian Empire Universe
Version: 0.21.0https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PHvkd ... Oy6q0iS0r5Community Contributions Welcome (And Encouraged)!Update 0.21.0:
plit the Solar System files into several unique packages, each with a specific (arbitrary) year as its name. This is to simulate the gradual evolution of the Solar System as the TPE transforms it over the course of 51,200 years.
The Plutonian Empire is my primary world building project that I've slowly worked on for the last 17 years, which got it's start in a good old fashioned game of Civilization II. Since then, it has become multi-platform, meaning I have it on several games, which will be my method of story telling.
This is a high fantasy space opera universe, so if you're not fond of witches, wizards, and demons flying around in FTL spaceships, this probably isn't the kind of storytelling for you.
Set 51,200 years into the future, the Plutonian Empire is led by its founding King through 50 millenia of evolution, from a puny upstart rebel state on a brand new magical island in the South Atlantic, to complete conquest of an entire universe. Thousands of years of history, countless trillions of planets, and its fair share of successes and setbacks.
It's also terribly author self-insert, so please forgive me for declaring myself the King of the Universe. Ideas and submissions are welcome and encouraged for this project!
The bulk of my storytelling is on another game, NationStates, but I am adding it bit by bit to the SE wiki info boxes. I also have the TPE rendered in Sims 2, Sid Meier's Civilization II: Test of Time, SimCity 4, and Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004. So far only the Civ 2 version has been published, on a Civilization fan site.
The pak file for it includes multiple new star systems, some admittedly unfinished with missing moons, but I'm getting there. There will definitely be more systems and storylines added in the future. It's a nonstop project!
It also includes my terrain mod as well, and some custom atmospheres (.atm models), including SE Atmospheres 2.0
from Pluton. The addon uses my probability config mods, but they not required but highly recommended to use with this Plutonian Empire Universe mod. It will help give that "space opera" feel, such as native multi-cell life around hot, short lived B class stars, which happens anyway in the TPE universe. I also tried to make life more prolific and more common as well, although some versions of SE are bugged so increasing the overall probability doesn't work in those versions, but the B star life will still appear.
Naturally, since this is set in the distant future, the night sky as seen from Sol *will* be different, but not (just) because of stellar proper motion, which SE lacks, but because of artificial, man-made stars nearby. And several Sol system bodies have been terraformed, as one can expect. 3 have been ejected from Sol completely.
I also included several new spacecraft models, one of which that I made with the SE ship editor last year. The rest are models that were originally created by third parties for Microsoft Flight Simulator, but converted for use in Space Engine by me. Credits at the bottom of the readme.Installation (READ CAREFULLY):
To install, copy the tpe_base.pak file to the addons folder in your space engine folder. This time however, there are ALSO extra versions of the TPE Sol system. The numbers in the filenames represent (mostly arbitrary) calendar years. Each corresponding year represents how far the Plutonian Empire has transformed the Solar System. To see later changes, ***ADD ALL EARLIER YEARS INCLUDING THE YEAR YOU WANT TO SEE. THIS ADDON WILL NOT WORK OTHERWISE.*** To see an earlier change, just remove or relocate the later years you don't want anymore.
IMPORTANT: Again, sol2100.pak will NOT work without tpe_base.pak. SIMILARLY, sol2301.pak will NOT work without sol2100.pak. And so on. This is true for ALL pak files in this mod.
To use the probability mods, go into your config folder and open main-user.cfg with a text editor such as notepad. Next open the tpe_main-user.cfg, copy the text in that file and paste it into your main-user.cfg, by either commenting out the old life probability generator settings or overwriting it.
Next, to see the custom Wiki Info in your game, open the tpe_wiki.cfg file, and copy and paste the contents into your user-eng-db.cfg, and save.
I will also add the .cfg files themselves to this post for the sake of redundancy, and to help inexperienced users, if possible.
(Please Re-download! They contain a fix for a mistake pointed out by JediTrekkie here!
)Be sure to make a back up of your config files before doing this as a precaution in case something goes wrong!
The comet that signaled the rise of the Plutonian Empire on Earth in 2020 A.D.
Alien life-terras with city lights!
A shockwave, left over from the creation of an artificial star. From this angle, it almost looks like fried chicken. Yum!
A Plutonian VIP warp plane surveying the dead Earth...
An ecemunopolis moon.
You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
One of several worlds, at home and abroad, that recieved canonical Wiki Info box updates!
For any questions, comments, etc., I can be e-mailed at [email protected]
. I can also be contacted here via PM.
(The nebulae model in image 3 isn't mine. It was part of the More Nebulae 3.5 pack. Without it, you'll see a default generic nebula at that location.
* 777 models all created by Melvin Rafi of MelJet.com
* 747 models for "RingJet", "Belle Hadean Airways", and "Plutonian Airlines"
all made by Chang Yeon, Vincent Cho of the Project-Opensky team (now defunct).
* 747 model for "TPE Family Plane" created by Hiroshi Igami of the Project-Opensky team (now defunct).
* 717-200/MD-95 model for "RingJet" created by Erick Cantu of Stewart-Global Aircraft (SGA, now defunct). Base paintkit textures by Erick Cantu, modified by me (PlutonianEmpire).
* A-380 models + base textures all created by Robert Versluys. Textures modified by me (PlutonianEmpire).
* SS Galactic created by me (PlutonianEmpire) with Space Engine Ship Editor.
* Tri-Ship entirely designed by me from scratch. :)
(0.21.0 was supposed to have a much larger entry, but something messed up and I lost the additions. :cry: The actual changes are still in the actual mod. tho :) )
* Split the TPE_Sol files into several, to simulate the gradual evolution of the Solar System as the TPE transforms it over the course of 51,200 years.
* Updated shaders with my latest preferences.
* Removed the jet planes. They will now be uploaded separately, to conserve file size.
* Massive updates to the configs:
* Added Custom Generator settings for user-main.cfg
* Rewrote sections of user-eng-db.cfg with (hopefully) better storytelling.
* Updated Version Format to use 4 digits instead of 3.
* Added To-Do List.
* Incorporated Rodrigo's new shaders and merged with mine.
* Overhauled the Solar System:
~ Split and renamed the SolarSysTPE.sc file into two files, TPE_Sol_2020AD.sc and TPE_Sol_53200AD.sc, each representing their labelled time periods. Each have their own pak file. To view the "2020 AD" version, just move the "53200 AD" version to a temporary location.
~ Ejected Mercury, Mars, and Saturn from Sol. They now orbit Sigma Draconis.
* Replaced Mercury and Saturn with imported procedural planets.
* Aurea Borealis now occupies Mars' orbit.
~ Added 4 new planets interior to Mercury's orbit.
~ All 6 new planets are named for ancient love goddesses.
~ colorUpPlants on Pluto have been whitened, for a fake mimicking of snowfall.
~ Merged "Mars Impactor" comet into TPE_Sol_2020.sc file.
~ Changed Earth's atmosphere model for 53200 AD to "Thick," to better represent the polluted, trashed environment.
~ Removed the code for the bump maps from Pluton's Solar System mod.
* Added "Rem Galaxy," A Dead Disk Galaxy. This *will* reset your catalog galaxy seeds! Write down the first digits of your bookmarks (RS xxxx-, for example) before installing! Afterwards, go to your galaxies to see the new numbers to use for your bookmarks. Procedural galaxies are unaffected, but globulars are.
* Updated tpe_wiki.cfg:
~ Added description for Rem Galaxy
~ Fixed issues with parentbody for some planets. They weren't showing up in the in-game wiki as a result.
* Added Kham132's volcano code for pseudo city lights.
* Added pseudo-city lights to dozens of procedural worlds.
* Added several new spacecraft models.
~ One of them is a proper spacecraft. The rest are aeroplane models created by third parties for Microsoft Flight Simulator. I stuck with freeware paint kit models to help reduce copyright issues.
* Added code to some SolSys planets to include the bumpmaps from Pluton's Solar System mod, but have not included them myself, so they are commented out by default.
0.12: Incorporated my Clouds shaders, and updated my terrain mod.
0.1: Initial Release