Free planetarium

PlutonianEmpire
Explorer
Explorer
Topic Author

PlutonianEmpire's Imperial Addon Archives

02 Nov 2016 16:29

This will be the official collection of my Space Engine addons, all together in one thread. I will reserve a few posts as separate categories. This will also be host to my main world building projects, some I've worked on for over a decade, which I will elaborate on in a post further down. :)

In any case, I am open to ideas and suggestions for improvements to these mods. I am also open to new submissions for my two world building projects, such as spaceships and background stories for various places.

I hope you like them! :)
Last edited by PlutonianEmpire on 02 Nov 2016 19:14, edited 1 time in total.
Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

PlutonianEmpire
Explorer
Explorer
Topic Author

02 Nov 2016 16:56

The Plutonian Empire Universe
Version: 0.20.0

Community Contributions Welcome (And Encouraged)!

Update 0.20.0: Incorporated Rodrigo's new shaders and merged with mine, added "Rem Galaxy," A Dead Disk Galaxy. (This *will* reset your catalog galaxy seeds! Write down the first digits of your bookmarks (RS xxxx-, for example)) before installing, overhauled the Sol System, ejected 3 planets and added 6.

The Plutonian Empire is my primary world building project that I've slowly worked on for the last 17 years, which got it's start in a good old fashioned game of Civilization II. Since then, it has become multi-platform, meaning I have it on several games, which will be my method of story telling. :)

This is a high fantasy space opera universe, so if you're not fond of witches, wizards, and demons flying around in FTL spaceships, this probably isn't the kind of storytelling for you. ;)

Set 51,200 years into the future, the Plutonian Empire is led by its founding King through 50 millenia of evolution, from a puny upstart rebel state on a brand new magical island in the South Atlantic, to complete conquest of an entire universe. Thousands of years of history, countless trillions of planets, and its fair share of successes and setbacks.

It's also terribly author self-insert, so please forgive me for declaring myself the King of the Universe. :D

Ideas and submissions are welcome and encouraged for this project!

The bulk of my storytelling is on another game, NationStates, but I am adding it bit by bit to the SE wiki info boxes. I also have the TPE rendered in Sims 2, Sid Meier's Civilization II: Test of Time, SimCity 4, and Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004. So far only the Civ 2 version has been published, on a Civilization fan site.

The pak file for it includes 10 star systems, some unfinished with missing moons, but I'm getting there. There will definitely be more systems and storylines added in the future. It's a nonstop project! It also includes my terrain mod as well, and some custom atmospheres (.atm models). The addon uses my life probability mod, but it is not required but highly recommended to use with this Plutonian Empire Universe mod. It will help give that "space opera" feel, such as native multicell life around hot, short lived B class stars, which happens anyway in the TPE universe. I also tried to make life more prolific and more common as well, although some versions of SE are bugged so increasing the overall probability doesn't work in those versions, but the B star life will still appear.

Naturally, since this is set in the distant future, the night sky as seen from Sol *will* be different, but not because of stellar proper motion, which SE lacks, but because of artificial, man-made stars nearby. And several Sol system bodies have been terraformed, as one can expect. 3 have been ejected from Sol completely.

I also included several new spacecraft models, one of which that I made with the SE ship editor last year. The rest are models that were originally created by third parties for Microsoft Flight Simulator, but converted for use in Space Engine by me. Credits at the bottom of the readme.

Installation:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1C6R ... lh4dEJfNFE

To install, copy the tpe.pak file to the addons folder in your space engine folder. To see the Sol System as it appears 51200 years from now in the TPE universe, install sol53200.pak as well.

To use the probability mod, go into your config folder and open main-user.cfg with a text editor such as notepad. Next open the tpe_main-user.cfg, copy the text in that file and paste it into your main-user.cfg, by either commenting out the old life probability generator settings or overwriting it.

Next, to see the custom Wiki Info in your game, open the tpe_wiki.cfg file, and copy and paste the contents into your user-eng-db.cfg, and save.

tpe_wiki.cfg
(47.5 KiB) Downloaded 67 times

tpe_lifemod.cfg
(5.75 KiB) Downloaded 75 times

Be sure to make a back up of your config files before doing this as a precaution in case something goes wrong!

Happy exploring!

The comet that signaled the rise of the Plutonian Empire on Earth in 2020 A.D.

Alien life-terras with city lights!

A shockwave, left over from the creation of an artificial star. From this angle, it almost looks like fried chicken. Yum! :lol:

A Plutonian VIP warp plane surveying the dead Earth...

An ecemunopolis moon.

You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

One of several worlds, at home and abroad, that recieved canonical Wiki Info box updates!

For any questions, comments, etc., I can be e-mailed at [email protected].

(The nebulae model in image 3 isn't mine. It was part of the More Nebulae 3.5 pack. Without it, you'll see a default generic nebula at that location. :) )

Model Credits:
 * 777 models all created by Melvin Rafi of MelJet.com
 * 747 models for "RingJet", "Belle Hadean Airways", and "Plutonian Airlines"
 all made by Chang Yeon, Vincent Cho of the Project-Opensky team (now defunct).
 * 747 model for "TPE Family Plane" created by Hiroshi Igami of the
 Project-Opensky team (now defunct).
 * 717-200/MD-95 model for "RingJet" created by Erick Cantu of Stewart-Global
 Aircraft (SGA, now defunct). Base paintkit textures by Erick Cantu,
 modified by me (PlutonianEmpire).
 * A-380 models + base textures all created by Robert Versluys. Textures
 modified by me (PlutonianEmpire).
 * SS Galactic created by me (PlutonianEmpire) with Space Engine Ship Editor.

Changeglog:

0.20.0:
 * Updated Version Format to use 4 digits instead of 3.
 * Added To-Do List.
 * Incorporated Rodrigo's new shaders and merged with mine.
 * Overhauled the Solar System:
 ~ Split and renamed the SolarSysTPE.sc file into two files, TPE_Sol_2020AD.sc and TPE_Sol_53200AD.sc, each representing their labelled time periods. Each have their own pak file. To view the "2020 AD" version, just move the "53200 AD" version to a temporary location.
 ~ Ejected Mercury, Mars, and Saturn from Sol. They now orbit Sigma Draconis.
 * Replaced Mercury and Saturn with imported procedural planets.
 * Aurea Borealis now occupies Mars' orbit.
 ~ Added 4 new planets interior to Mercury's orbit.
 ~ All 6 new planets are named for ancient love goddesses.
 ~ colorUpPlants on Pluto have been whitened, for a fake mimicking of snowfall.
 ~ Merged "Mars Impactor" comet into TPE_Sol_2020.sc file.
 ~ Changed Earth's atmosphere model for 53200 AD to "Thick," to better represent the polluted, trashed environment.
 ~ Removed the code for the bump maps from Pluton's Solar System mod.
 * Added "Rem Galaxy," A Dead Disk Galaxy. This *will* reset your catalog galaxy seeds! Write down the first digits of your bookmarks (RS xxxx-, for example) before installing! Afterwards, go to your galaxies to see the new numbers to use for your bookmarks. Procedural galaxies are unaffected, but globulars are.
 * Updated tpe_wiki.cfg:
 ~ Added description for Rem Galaxy
 ~ Fixed issues with parentbody for some planets. They weren't showing up in the in-game wiki as a result.

0.13:
 * Added Kham132's volcano code for pseudo city lights.
 * Added pseudo-city lights to dozens of procedural worlds.
 * Added several new spacecraft models.
 ~ One of them is a proper spacecraft. The rest are aeroplane models created by third parties for Microsoft Flight Simulator. I stuck with freeware paint kit models to help reduce copyright issues.
 * Added code to some SolSys planets to include the bumpmaps from Pluton's Solar System mod, but have not included them myself, so they are commented out by default.

0.12: Incorporated my Clouds shaders, and updated my terrain mod.

0.1: Initial Release

► List of Systems So Far
Last edited by PlutonianEmpire on 03 Aug 2017 16:00, edited 8 times in total.
Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

PlutonianEmpire
Explorer
Explorer
Topic Author

02 Nov 2016 18:03

The Lavender Skies Universe

This World building universe centers around a story I wrote and posted in my website, http://www.plutonianempire.net . I wrote it to cope with my anxiety about that whole 2012 thing. Now I just do it for fun alternate history. It is also a bit of a spinoff from my Plutonian Empire universe, but set in an entirely different universe, as I use a multiverse idea for my projects. :)

Ideas and submissions are welcome for this project! :)

------------

Systems:

Delta Trianguli/Hadeus:

Updated 8/14/2016

I have included cubemapped textures for Belle Hades.

Download Link

Wiki Info CFG

Designed for 0.98

Known Issues:

Issue 1: Belle Hades' oceans on the cubemap are only 10 meters deep. It is beyond my ability to draw the ocean floor without 10 km drop offs at the edges of the continents.

Issue 2: With the cubemap texture on, Belle Hades looks weird when seen from a distance. It is beyond my ability to fix. As a result, the procedural surface is used by default, but it can be switched over to the cubemap surface by commenting out the procedural surface and uncommenting the cubemap parameters in the Surface tag for Belle Hades. I have included the original cylindricals if anyone can fix it.

I made it for Celestia originally, but when development died and I found SE, I figured I'd port and convert it to Space Engine, for better explorability.

12 planets, 1 lifeterra, and two suns in a 10 day orbit, around Delta Tri (Hip 10644).

I made it using various incarnations of Space Engine and the terrain mods from Rodrigo, but it should look fine with base shaders. :)

To install, enter the 7z file and copy the pak file to your addons folder. Copy the contents of the provided .cfg file to config>user-<your language>-db.cfg. Thats it! The cylindricals folder is not required, it is for advanced users to experiment with the cylindrical textures in Photoshotp/Gimp and/or in SpaceEngineer's cubemap program.

Enjoy! B)

------------
Last edited by PlutonianEmpire on 19 Dec 2016 21:21, edited 4 times in total.

PlutonianEmpire
Explorer
Explorer
Topic Author

02 Nov 2016 18:10

Reserved for Galaxies, custom nebulae and clusters, and individual systems I've made.

Galaxies

Pluto Galaxy

This uncreatively named galaxy is a fictional and unrealistically colorful galaxy, just 1.68 million ly away from earth. I gave it the maximum radius available to procedural galaxies to maximize star count, and it therefore takes up a large part of Earth's night sky.

I have several texture models, from my few years of tweaking it for SpaceEngine, mainly to add some randomness to the procedural galaxies generated by SpaceEngine. :D

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1C6Rb ... p=drivesdk

To install, simply place the .pak file into your addons folder, and delete the cache. That's it! :)

Planets/Moons

Proxima b

This is the same Proxima b that exists in the Plutonian Empire Universe, but I'm adding it as a separate download as well. Procedural system included. :)

proxima.pak
(128.8 KiB) Downloaded 64 times

Screenshot taken with ReShade. :)

Hera

Hera, a fictional lifeterra moon for Jupiter. A bit of "alternate history", if you will. ;) Imagine how different the Solar System might have been if Jupiter managed to form or even snatch an Earth-size moon during the tumultuous beginnings of our star system...

hera.sc
(2.77 KiB) Downloaded 85 times

To install: Copy or move to your Addons>catalogs>planets folder. If these folders do not exist, create them. That's it! Happy exploring! :)

Screenshots taken with ReShade. :)

Tilted Earth

Just for fun: a "tilted Earth" mod, where I bumped up our obliquity. :D

SpaceEngine 2017-07-16 03-47-29.png
New Obliquity: 79.91963239

DreamSys3.sc
Filename due to inspiration from a dream.
(189 Bytes) Downloaded 6 times

Spitfire

"A Deity has come to Sol, and decided to help spare the Earth from Global Warming. So she split 8% of the sun's Mass to add a second sun. Despite the IAU's objections, the Deity demanded the new sun be named Spitfire. This is our story..." ~ Morgan Freeman, Spitfire, 2022 AD.

spitfire.pak
(1.33 KiB) Downloaded 13 times

Important! Due to a bug in Space Engine, some comets will show up at the barycenter, because of incorrect period calculations. Be sure to turn comet tails OFF while exploring Sol with this mod! :)

Enjoy! :)
Last edited by PlutonianEmpire on 27 Jul 2017 00:56, edited 8 times in total.

PlutonianEmpire
Explorer
Explorer
Topic Author

02 Nov 2016 18:16

Spacecraft:

Warp Planes (TPE Universe)

I have several new spacecraft models, that were originally created by third parties for Microsoft Flight Simulator, but converted for use in Space Engine by me. Credits at the bottom of the readme. They have a max Warp/Hyper Factor of 24, so I highly recommend using the mouse wheel to adjust the warp factors, to avoid overshooting.

SpaceEngine 2017-02-10 22-20-13.png

SpaceEngine 2017-02-10 22-52-12.png

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1C6Rb ... sp=sharing

Happy exploring!

For any questions, comments, etc., I can be e-mailed at [email protected].
Last edited by PlutonianEmpire on 20 Jul 2017 19:38, edited 1 time in total.

PlutonianEmpire
Explorer
Explorer
Topic Author

02 Nov 2016 19:09

This post will be for my "behind-the-scenes" mods, such as shader mods, user-main.cfg tweaks, and so forth.

--------------------

Shaders

Plutonian Empire's Terrain Mod

Mod Version Number: 1.03

While I extensively enjoy the mountains provided by Klud and Rodrigo, I figured, "Why not have both?" :D

So in addition to disabling the height suppression effect of the terraces to make the "smooth" Montes be as glorious as ever....

I also replaced the "Hills" code with the montes code provided by Klud's Terrain Mod. I did need to keep the height suppression effect of the terraces to keep them from getting too steep.

For the "Hills2", I simply replaced the "jordan turbulence" code that created those conical hills with the "Hills1" code from Rodrigo's Terrain mod, since the default "hills1" code makes hills 1 look too artificial, IMO. :)

And finally.

Enhanced canyons! :D

To install, just extract the shaders folder to your addons folder in SpaceEngine 0.980. Readme included! My Terrain Mod is attached to the bottom of this post. Scroll down to get it. :)

I did make a few miscellaneous changes as well, with the mares, to allow mountains in them, because flat is boring. Mares are suppressed for Terras as well. :)

Credits: This mod uses code from Rodrigo, Klud, and myself.

Compatibility: This mod is compatible with Rodrigo's Terrain Mod. Be sure to install mine last to see the effects of both. :)

tpe_terrain.pak
(22.76 KiB) Downloaded 47 times

tpet_readme1.txt
(1.32 KiB) Downloaded 31 times

Simple Clouds Mod

I have created a simple clouds mod that fixes the orientation of the stripeTwist direction for the default clouds, like so:

With this change clouds on procedural terras will look MUCH more like the "stripeTwist" we see for the planet Earth:

Installation: Just place the attached .glsl file at the bottop of this post into your Addons>shaders folder. It must be renamed to tg_clouds_height.glsl. That's it! :)

Enjoy!

Compatibility: This mod is compatible with Rodrigo's Mod; to use, enter tg_clouds_height.glsl after installing mine, and uncomment (delete the //'s that disables the line starting with "float height = 0.8*(...") and comment out the first "float height" line (add new //'s). I have a third float hight line  in the middle for modders to experiment with. These lines are towards the bottom of the file. :) (I can't guarantee it will look pretty though.)

tmp_22612-tg_clouds_height-2047104540.glsl
(2.42 KiB) Downloaded 89 times

------------

User-Main.cfg Tweaks

Life Probability Mod

Before SpaceEngine 0.980: Make a backup copy of *universe.cfg* please.
In SpaceEngine 0.980 and Later: Make a backup copy of *main-user.cfg* please.

Update: With the advent of SpaceEngine 0.98, the Life Probability Generator has been moved to a user-based main-user.cfg, rendering universe.cfg obsolete. As such, the code pasted below needs to go into main-user.cfg, towards the bottom. Good luck! :)

High mass star systems were getting lonely, so I tweaked the "Life Probability" parameters in universe.cfg to both increase the overall chances of life occurring in the universe, as well as to use minimal system age requirements to allow A and B stars to give rise to lifeterras with complex multicellular life. This basically gives the Space Engine universe a more "space opera" or "space fantasy" feel with proliferating life on a lot more worlds and higher mass star systems, as opposed to the rather lonely "Rare Earth" universe that SE generates normally.

// life probability settings
ProbLifeTerra           15.0  // probability of origin of life on terra
ProbLifeOceania         3.0  // probability of origin of life on oceania
ProbLifeDesert          2.0    // probability of origin of life on desert
ProbLifeIceWorld        5.0    // probability of origin of life on ice world (under ice)
ProbLifeTitan           1.0  // probability of origin of life on titan (exotic)
ProbLifeGiantOrg        0.001    // probability of origin of life on gas giant (floaters)
ProbLifeGiantExo        0.0002    // probability of origin of life on gas giant (floaters)
ProbPanspEjectTerra     15.0  // Probability of organic life spores ejection  on asteroid impact on terras (surface & ocean)
ProbPanspEjectOceania   0.1    // Probability of organic life spores ejection  on asteroid impact on oceanias (ocean)
ProbPanspEjectDesert    15.0  // Probability of organic life spores ejection  on asteroid impact on deserts (surface)
ProbPanspEjectIceWorld  0.5    // Probability of organic life spores ejection  on asteroid impact on ice worlds (subglacial)
ProbPanspEjectTitanOrg  0.2    // Probability of organic life spores ejection  on asteroid impact on titans (subglacial)
ProbPanspEjectTitanExo  15.0  // Probability of exotic  life spores ejection  on asteroid impact on titans (surface)
ProbPanspEjecGiantOrg   0.0001    // Probability of organic life spores ejection  on asteroid impact on gas giants (atmosphere)
ProbPanspEjectGiantExo  0.0001    // Probability of exotic  life spores ejection  on asteroid impact on gas giants (atmosphere)
ProbPanspInsertTerra    1.0  // Probability of organic life spores insertion on asteroid impact on terras (surface & ocean)
ProbPanspInserOceania   2.0  // Probability of organic life spores insertion on asteroid impact on oceanias (ocean)
ProbPanspInsertDesert   0.4    // Probability of organic life spores insertion on asteroid impact on deserts (surface)
ProbPanspInsertIceWorld 0.01    // Probability of organic life spores insertion on asteroid impact on ice worlds (subglacial)
ProbPanspInsertTitanOrg 0.003    // Probability of organic life spores insertion on asteroid impact on titans (subglacial)
ProbPanspInsertTitanExo 0.8    // Probability of exotic  life spores insertion on asteroid impact on titans (surface)
ProbPanspInsertGiantOrg 0.5    // Probability of organic life spores insertion on asteroid impact on gas giants (atmosphere)
ProbPanspInsertGiantExo 0.5    // Probability of exotic  life spores insertion on asteroid impact on gas giants (atmosphere)
LifeOrgAgeUni           0.02    // (0.02 or 0.40) mean value of system age to develop unicellular    organic life (in billion years)
LifeOrgAgeUniDisp       0.01    // (0.01 or 0.39) dispersion of system age to develop unicellular    organic life (in billion years)
LifeOrgAgeMulti         0.05    // (0.05 or 1.50) mean value of system age to develop multicellular  organic life (in billion years)
LifeOrgAgeMultiDisp     0.01    // (0.01 or 0.60) dispersion of system age to develop multicellular  organic life (in billion years)
LifeOrgAgeComplex       0.08    // (0.08 or 2.00) mean value of system age to develop complex ground organic life (in billion years)
LifeOrgAgeComplexDisp   0.01    // (0.01 or 0.40) dispersion of system age to develop complex ground organic life (in billion years)
LifeExoAgeUni           0.04    // (0.04 or 0.60) mean value of system age to develop unicellular    exotic  life (in billion years)
LifeExoAgeUniDisp       0.01    // (0.01 or 0.25) dispersion of system age to develop unicellular    exotic  life (in billion years)
LifeExoAgeMulti         0.08    // (0.07 or 3.50) mean value of system age to develop multicellular  exotic  life (in billion years)
LifeExoAgeMultiDisp     0.01    // (0.01 or 0.70) dispersion of system age to develop multicellular  exotic  life (in billion years)
LifeExoAgeComplex       0.12    // (0.10 or 4.00) mean value of system age to develop complex ground exotic  life (in billion years)
LifeExoAgeComplexDisp   0.01    // (0.01 or 0.50) dispersion of system age to develop complex ground exotic  life (in billion years)

To install, just copypasta the text provided here, over the existing life probability settings (deleting the old settings) in universe.cfg and save.

Enjoy. :)

Some screenshots:

------------

Color Palettes

Installing Color Palettes

To install custom color palettes, go into your SpaceEngine>Addons folder, and create the following folder structure: textures>common, meaning create a new folder called "textures" and then create another new folder inside that called "common". Without quotes of course. Finally, place the palette.cfg into the common folder. If it isn't named "palette.cfg", rename it to "palette.cfg"

Important: Delete the cache folder after installing new palettes or modifying existing ones! If you don't, you may be unable to notice any changes in the colors of procedural planets!

Full Range Palette 1.01

Almost a hundred styles for planets, originally compiled by Toty and several other users, tweaked and re-compiled by me:

palette.cfg
(294.79 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
Last edited by PlutonianEmpire on 20 Jul 2017 19:48, edited 13 times in total.

PlutonianEmpire
Explorer
Explorer
Topic Author

Re: PlutonianEmpire's Imperial Addon Archives

02 Nov 2016 19:15

Reserved for Misc. :)

PlutonianEmpire
Explorer
Explorer
Topic Author

Re: PlutonianEmpire's Imperial Addon Archives

06 Nov 2016 00:18

Two new mods:

------------

Pluto Galaxy

This uncreatively named galaxy is a fictional and unrealistically colorful galaxy, just 1.68 million ly away from earth. I gave it the maximum radius available to procedural galaxies to maximize star count, and it therefore takes up a large part of Earth's night sky.

I have several texture models, from my few years of tweaking it for SpaceEngine, mainly to add some randomness to the procedural galaxies generated by SpaceEngine. :D

To install, simply place the .pak file into your addons folder, and delete the cache. That's it! :)

------------

Simple Clouds Mod

I have created a simple clouds mod that fixes the orientation of the stripeTwist direction for the default clouds, like so:

With this change clouds on procedural terras will look MUCH more like the "stripeTwist" we see for the planet Earth:

Installation: Just place the attached .glsl file at the bottop of this post into your Addons>shaders folder. It must be renamed to tg_clouds_height.glsl. That's it! :)

Enjoy!

Compatibility: This mod is compatible with Rodrigo's Mod; to use, enter tg_clouds_height.glsl after installing mine, and uncomment (delete the //'s that disables the line starting with "float height = 0.8*(...") and comment out the first "float height" line (add new //'s). I have a third float hight line in the middle for modders to experiment with. These lines are towards the bottom of the file. :) (I can't guarantee it will look pretty though.)

------------

Enjoy! :)
Attachments
tmp_22612-tg_clouds_height1138653873.glsl
(2.42 KiB) Downloaded 45 times

zinna
Observer
Observer

30 Nov 2016 10:40

I can't find your awesome Shaders .zip file..
Nice job anyway

MatsoftwareAtHereToo
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

01 Dec 2016 06:58

I like your Pluto Galaxy[DOT] I have a forum where we can discuss our addons: http://seandcelmodderscommunity.createaforum.com/
My mods, My forum
The new website is too dark|DOT| Matsoftware from the old forum[DOT]

PlutonianEmpire
Explorer
Explorer
Topic Author

06 Dec 2016 13:15

zinna wrote:
I can't find your awesome Shaders .zip file..
Nice job anyway

Thank you for catching that. I have attached it to the post, filename V1.0.zip. Enjoy! :)

N0B0DY
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

09 Dec 2016 12:52

PlutonianEmpire wrote:
Reserved for Galaxies, custom nebulae and clusters, and individual systems I've made.

Galaxies

Pluto Galaxy

Hi! I followed your instructions but the galaxy is simply invisible (and non existent in F3 menu) for me unfortunately :(.

PlutonianEmpire
Explorer
Explorer
Topic Author

09 Dec 2016 18:16

Ohhh man. To think I made this mistake twice. :'(

The problem with Pluto Galaxy is that I'm not quite paying attention when I initially zip up the add on. When I right click on the folder and tell windows to "send to>zip file", I keep thinking it sends the contents of the plutogal folder to a zip file when, in reality, it puts the folder inside an entirely new zip file. I will need to reupload my addons that were incorrectly packaged.

Until then, a good work around is to take the pak file out of the addons folder, rename the .pak to .zip (make sure you set your computer to reveal file types), and then enter zip file where you will find the plutogal folder. Extract that to your addons folder. It should now be visible. :)

Thank you for posting, N0b0dy! :)

N0B0DY
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

09 Dec 2016 22:37

PlutonianEmpire wrote:
Ohhh man. To think I made this mistake twice. :'(

The problem with Pluto Galaxy is that I'm not quite paying attention when I initially zip up the add on. When I right click on the folder and tell windows to "send to>zip file", I keep thinking it sends the contents of the plutogal folder to a zip file when, in reality, it puts the folder inside an entirely new zip file. I will need to reupload my addons that were incorrectly packaged.

Until then, a good work around is to take the pak file out of the addons folder, rename the .pak to .zip (make sure you set your computer to reveal file types), and then enter zip file where you will find the plutogal folder. Extract that to your addons folder. It should now be visible. :)

Thank you for posting, N0b0dy! :)

Thanks for notifying Plutonian! However the galaxy is still invisible but I found out why: You forgot to put the galaxies folder (that contains the catalog .sc file) inside a catalogs folder before packing it up :).

PlutonianEmpire
Explorer
Explorer
Topic Author

11 Dec 2016 11:32

I have re-uploaded my Pluto Galaxy pak. The file structure should work properly now. :)