Ultimate space simulation software

Silicon
Observer
Observer
Topic Author

Silicon's Canis Major setting

18 Jul 2018 11:56

This is the post I will be using to share the work I have created in regards to the Canis Major setting I have worked on. Canis Major is a hard science-fiction/dark fantasy setting that I have been working on since my first year in highschool. It was originally created as a setting for a Dungeons and Dragons campaign I ran. As such It has grown quite a lot lore-wise with the help of my players.

I will be using this thread to share Space Engine content that I have created of this setting, as well as providing a general overview of the setting so that anyone who wants to contribute their own work to it can do so. I like criticisms of my work so any you may have is appreciated! And as I said, please feel free to use this setting as you wish and share your creations.

Overview of the Canis Major setting
► Show Spoiler

The Ammy/Pi3 Orionis System: The main system in the Canis Major universe, I built it to be as realistic as possible while still having some interesting traits. Some objects in the Ammy System are analogues of objects in the Solar System.
Download (MediaFire)
► Show Spoiler

The Ammy System also has it's own Wiki info that can be downloaded here: Download (MediaFire)
If you don't know how to install object Wikis I left some instructions:
► Show Spoiler

Other Systems
The Belisama System
► Show Spoiler

Thanks for looking at my mods! and have fun!
Last edited by Silicon on 26 Jul 2018 07:35, edited 2 times in total.

Silicon
Observer
Observer
Topic Author

18 Jul 2018 12:01

Reserved for future use.

JackDole
World Builder
World Builder

18 Jul 2018 15:05

It is a very nice system!

But in SE 0.980_e it generates an error message.
scr00018.jpg

Your asteroids moon 'Kuma' has problems with a binary star system, also called 'Kuma'.
I suspect it is a bug in SE 0.980_e. In SE 0.980 this error does not appear. (And also not in SE 0.990.)
But if you give Kuma a second name, this error message does not appear.
For example, name it "Kuma/Krevna I".
(Although, as I said, the error appears only in SE 0.980_e.)

Silicon
Observer
Observer
Topic Author

19 Jul 2018 08:49

Thanks, JackDole. I Fixed the conflict and updated the file. I havn't updated to 0.980e yet so I wouldn't have known about that. Although if it's fixed in 0.990 I guess it wont matter much in the future. But none the less it's fixed. I also had to fix a few other issues (Actaeon having a scorching greenhouse effect and every asteroid having the wrong prefix).

I've also encountered an odd bug. If i try to add any more objects to the system, all bodies have their night-sides light up by some ambient light. Even objects that have no moons and should have no way to light up their night-side are still bright as day.

JackDole
World Builder
World Builder

19 Jul 2018 11:09

Silicon wrote:
Source of the post f i try to add any more objects to the system, all bodies have their night-sides light up by some ambient light. Even objects that have no moons and should have no way to light up their night-side are still bright as day.

That's strange. Can you post a script where that happens?

Thimenu
Observer
Observer

19 Jul 2018 12:33

Love the setting! I run some tabletop RPGs, so I might be interested in using your setting sometime! :) I've wanted to run a sci-fi RPG campaign using Space Engine for a while now.
Is there an oppressed sentient race of cats on Fenriris? That would be cool.

Silicon
Observer
Observer
Topic Author

19 Jul 2018 12:47

JackDole wrote:
That's strange. Can you post a script where that happens?

Sure. I'll attach a file that I was able to recreate the bug with. I even took some screenshots of it.
I disabled stars and upped the exposure to make it easier to see. This is also the first time I noticed that all the affected objects have a dark stripe extending like a meridian (from pole to pole).
► Show Spoiler

Thimenu wrote:
Love the setting! I run some tabletop RPGs, so I might be interested in using your setting sometime! :) I've wanted to run a sci-fi RPG campaign using Space Engine for a while now.
Is there an oppressed sentient race of cats on Fenriris? That would be cool.

Cats do exist on Fenriris (almost all Earth life has an analogue on Fenriris) but they are mostly kept as pets or for food. There are demon cats which are sentient, but they're typically the ones doing the oppressing.
However other groups of canines, like foxes and coyotes, do face racial prejudice at times.
Attachments
breaking_space_engine.sc
(1.26 KiB) Downloaded 26 times

Silicon
Observer
Observer
Topic Author

26 Jul 2018 07:30

I have uploaded another system. This time it is the Belisama system.
This system contains 6 planets, 2 dwarf planets, an asteroid belt, a kuiper belt, and comets.
Download (MediaFire)
The main post has been updated with this too.