Ultimate space simulation software

Kspeher
Observer
Observer
Topic Author

Sternenwart System: Custom Catalog

11 Jan 2018 20:34

This Mod is called Sternenwart, which is the first ever Mod I have created on Space Engine. It is quadruple Star System near Earth, only a few light years away. It is based on a fictional star probe called Fermi, which was send out to explore this potential life harboring star system. The system is a K+M and K+K system. With Sternenwart being the largest star in the system and being in the K+M system. 

The system first started out as my first attempt to create a Star system in Space Engine, after doing crash reading on how to do it. At first it was a basic system with a "K" star and a Desert world called Katar. Then I had the idea to expand the system into something much grander, and this is how it came to be. Now as I am sure that some might not read this and want to see the content side of things, below is a list of what this system has to offer. I.e The final system is the binary K+K system, which took longer to make as the binary orbit calculation of Space Engine isn't the best. Which required to make a custom star with both K+K masses combined. Then placing the planets around said star and then putting them where I want them. As this allows Space Engine to calculate the orbital periods properly.

The System has:
  1. 29 Planets
  2. Custom Names for all
  3. Custom Info´s for all (Most Spelling errors, hopefully, corrected. The final system has right now for all info's but all moons are not yet included)
  4. No Comets (For Final System)
  5. No Asteroids (For Final System)
Planned:
  • Comets
  • Asteroids
  • Moons for last systems
    I.e The final system is the binary K+K system, which took longer to make as the binary orbit calculation of Space Engine is the best. Which required to make a custom star with both K+K masses combined. Then placing the planets around said star and then putting them where I want them. As this allows Space Engine to calculate the orbital periods properly. Furthermore, Sternewart and Tate system have info's referring to the Fermi probe, as it visited only these systems. The video in this one is still in the making, which will be released at some point. So don't be confused why the final system doesn't talk about the probe.
This Mod was created by using,
[u][color=#0066cc][color=#0066cc]Rodrigos Terrain & Clouds Mod[/color][/u][/color]by Rodrigo, 
Special thanks to him

Although at first I used this mod to created the planets, make them look better. I dropped the mod after some time after I figured out how to make the planets I want without it. So while some planets might still look better with the mod, I run it without it and all the new planets are created without it.

This is the current addon video, there will be one showing more and all of the systems at some point:

Here are the Files (For each update please reinstall the files)
1.Place this into Catalogs Stars:
Central Sternenwart Bary.sc
(145 Bytes) Downloaded 14 times

2.Place this into Catalogs Planets:
Sternenwart Systems V0.5.sc
(523.82 KiB) Downloaded 15 times

Now lets get some Pictures:
► Show Spoiler

Lastest Update:
Update Nr:6 = 27/8/2018
*New Infos
*Changed Some Infos
*Corrected Infos
*Added New planet's and Moons
*Finished Sternenwart System
*Finished Tate System
Last edited by Kspeher on 16 Sep 2018 10:50, edited 24 times in total.
Its Rocket Science

JackDole
World Builder
World Builder

11 Jan 2018 22:35

An "Sternenwart" is the head of an observatory (Sternenwarte)
"Star's way" would translate into German with "Sternenweg".

I do not know the expression "Sternenwart" as a translation of "Star's way". But of course I do not know every German word. Maybe you could point out where you found it. (I'm German)

But you could translate "Sternenwart" also with "Star's warden" or "Star's guard".

Kspeher
Observer
Observer
Topic Author

12 Jan 2018 08:09

JackDole wrote:
Source of the post An "Sternenwart" is the head of an observatory (Sternenwarte)"Star's way" would translate into German with "Sternenweg".I do not know the expression "Sternenwart" as a translation of "Star's way". But of course I do not know every German word. Maybe you could point out where you found it. (I'm German)But you could translate "Sternenwart" also with "Star's warden" or "Star's guard".

While yes the name Sternenwart does translate to the other names too, I have heard that it does also translate (roughly=really stretching what its possibe) to "Stars-way"(Called my friend in Germany+ My Dad). The name is Sternenweg is more fitting to the translation I admit, but I found the name Sternenwart better. But thank you for pointing it out, I hope you can enjoy the mod anyway! :D 
If you find anymore "weird things", please point them out! The system is not 100% realistic of course.
Its Rocket Science