Free planetarium

tRetro-Visor
Astronaut
Astronaut
Topic Author

Retro-Visor's Planetary Systems

03 Oct 2017 21:31

TTA-17 SYSTEM

A planetary system which features edited procedural planets (with a bit of story put into them)

SHORT DESCRIPTIONS

Rocky Planets
Ebern: Warm terra. Huge tidal storm. Previously an Oceania that's constantly losing its oceans, and the aquatic life in it has become extinct.
Aquila: Temperate terra with life. Has strong storms and rains constantly. Lifeforms resemble Precambrian creatures.
Talyphon: Scorched desert. Heavily cratered surface due to ancient collisions. Moon of Cernos
Torr: Warm Terra with life. Strong gravity. Heavily cratered surface. Lifeforms resemble giant terrestrial cephalopods. Moon of Cernos
Ferros: Frozen titan. Titan-like titan. Thick atmosphere. Heavily clouded. Constant rain. Large hydrocarbon lakes on the south pole.
Homer: Frozen ice world with life. Thick atmosphere. Shrouded in clouds. Subglacial life. Lifeforms resemble white abyssal arthropods. Moon of Cetus

Asteroids
10-Cerberus: Frozen asteroid. Heavily cratered surface due to constant crashes of ring particles. Dwarf moon of Cetus
4-Jaatrah: Frozen asteroid. Spiky surface. Fast rotation. Dwarf moon of Cetus

Gas Giants
Cernos: Cold Gas Giant. Distinctive linear clouds. Used to have 21 moons. Radical orbits destroyed most of the moons, creating the rings and the cratered surface of Cernos last 2 moons, Talyphon and Torr.
Cetus: Frozen Gas Giant. Fast rotation. Large equatorial bulge. Has faint rings. Eccentric orbit

DOWNLOAD
Place the .pak file in the addons folder
Last edited by tRetro-Visor on 15 Oct 2017 14:32, edited 5 times in total.

Quarior
Explorer
Explorer
Location: Local Universe/Laniakea/Virgo SC/Local Group/Via Lactea/Orion–Cygnus Arm/Sol System/Gaia

TTA-17 System

04 Oct 2017 02:07

Beautiful planet, specially Cernos.
I think will build a colony in the habitable planet :D .

Spacer
Explorer
Explorer

TTA-17 System

04 Oct 2017 04:44

beautiful system! i love the info about each planet and stories that are made with SE!  :)
"Exploration is in our nature. We began as wanderers, and we are wanderers still"
-carl sagan

ZackG
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

TTA-17 System

04 Oct 2017 14:31

Damn! Looks great.   :D

tRetro-Visor
Astronaut
Astronaut
Topic Author

04 Oct 2017 23:42

JAMES-X1 SYSTEM

SHORT DESCRIPTIONS

Rocky Planets
Blent: Scorched desert. Dried out oceania. Heavily cratered surface. Thick atmosphere of CO2 and water vapor.
Salari: Warm terra with life. Dried out oceania. Small "trypophobian" water lakes. Large salty spires, remnants of the evaporated sea.
Cron: Scorched selena. Miranda-like moon. Large cliffs and craters. Heavily cratered surface. Moon of Maemaos.
War: Cool terra with life. Heavy tectonic activity. Long rivers. "Red" sea, with exotic unicelular life. Moon of Maemaos.
Iunha: Temperate terra with life. Heavily clouded. Non-stop rains. Fast and heavy winds. Atmosphere and water compositions predict life, but exploration is impossible. Moon of Maemaos

Gas Giants
Achilles: Cold Gas Giant. Distinctive cyclones all over the clouds. large and bright ice particle rings. No moons.
Maemaos: Frozen Gas Giant. Faint rings. Distinctive green clouds, produced by chlorine in the hotter lower atmosphere. 

DOWNLOAD
place the .pak file in the addon's folder
Last edited by tRetro-Visor on 15 Oct 2017 14:32, edited 2 times in total.

Phantom Z
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

07 Oct 2017 11:10

Nice planets.

tRetro-Visor
Astronaut
Astronaut
Topic Author

08 Oct 2017 01:09

CYPHON SYSTEM

SHORT DESCRIPTIONS
Rocky Planets
Aqua: Warm oceania. Low gravity. Literal blue planet. Cloudless and thick atmosphere. 20 km deep ocean. Moon of Monarch
Ai: Warm desert. Low gravity. Venus-like desert. Thick atmosphere. Volcanic-like surface. Moon of Monarch
Ronda: Cool terra with life. Iceberg-like continents. Cold and lifeless surface. Life thrives on the oceans. Lifeforms resemble aquatic arctic mammals.
Alithea: Cold desert with life. Heavily cratered surface. Giant canyons around the surface. Lifeforms consist of mostly plants, but interact with sunlight in a way that keeps them constantly moving around the surface.
Lia: Temperate terra with life. Heavy volcanic activity has increased the temperature of the planet, slowly evaporating its oceans. It is speculated that Lia will become a hot lifeless desert, like Venus due to the greenhouse effect. Lifeforms resemble 3 legged mammals, using sonar over eyesight, as sunlight in Lia is very dim.
Hoss: Temperate ice world. Enceladus-like ice world. Subglacial ocean that evaporates to the water vapor rich atmosphere of the planet.
Malcom: Frozen Titan. Titan-like Titan. Hydrocarbon oceans. Dunes cover almost all the surface. Long and narrow rivers.

Asteroids
Ju-1 and Ju-2: Frozen asteroids. Shepherd moons of Polemos rings
Ke, Fe and Do: Frozen asteroids. Heavily cratered asteroids. Inner dwarf moons of Zephen.

Gas Giants
Monarch: Temperate gas giant with life. White and blue colored clouds. Small rocky ring particles. Aerial lifeforms resemble Earth's basic marine ecosystem.
Polemos: Cold ice giant. Neptune-like ice giant. Distinctive black spot on the clouds. Arc-like rings, held together by Ju-1 and Ju-2.
Zephen: Frozen gas giant. Saturn-like gas giant. Hazy and thick atmosphere. Huge and bright ring system, composed of ice particles and organic materials, giving it a greenish color.

DOWNLOAD
Last edited by tRetro-Visor on 15 Oct 2017 14:32, edited 2 times in total.

tRetro-Visor
Astronaut
Astronaut
Topic Author

10 Oct 2017 16:25

Might a well share my custom Proxima b terra

DOWLOAD

Ian07
Observer
Observer

15 Oct 2017 12:01

None of these work properly for me.

For the first two, the stars work properly, and the planets' orbits are in the right places, but the planets and moons themselves seem to be glitched and out in the middle of nowhere, far away from the rest of the SE universe. Not sure what causes this. Notice how it says "Height: -1.#J Gly":

(also in James-X1, the orbital period of Maemaos should be 136 years, not 136 days)

For the Cyphon system, I can't even get to it at all:
Upon inspection of the .pak file this appears to be due to the fact that the .sc file establishing the parent star (Cyphon TAU-28) is missing.

Proxima b I haven't tried since I already have an addon for it.

Ian07
Observer
Observer

15 Oct 2017 12:04

wait what? Why aren't the images showing up? And why can't I edit/delete my post?

Here are the links to the images, hopefully this works.

First image: https://imgur.com/gX2oeba
Second image: https://imgur.com/4fvt54i

Quarior
Explorer
Explorer
Location: Local Universe/Laniakea/Virgo SC/Local Group/Via Lactea/Orion–Cygnus Arm/Sol System/Gaia

15 Oct 2017 12:53

tRetro-Visor, beautiful planets.

Ian07 wrote:
wait what? Why aren't the images showing up? And why can't I edit/delete my post?

Here are the links to the images, hopefully this works.

First image: https://imgur.com/gX2oeba
Second image: https://imgur.com/4fvt54i

Because in the img tag, you don’t put a link direct to the image so here your pictures :

tRetro-Visor
Astronaut
Astronaut
Topic Author

15 Oct 2017 14:19

Ian07 wrote:
None of these work properly for me.

For the first two, the stars work properly, and the planets' orbits are in the right places, but the planets and moons themselves seem to be glitched and out in the middle of nowhere, far away from the rest of the SE universe. Not sure what causes this. Notice how it says "Height: -1.#J Gly":

(also in James-X1, the orbital period of Maemaos should be 136 years, not 136 days)

For the Cyphon system, I can't even get to it at all:
Upon inspection of the .pak file this appears to be due to the fact that the .sc file establishing the parent star (Cyphon TAU-28) is missing.

Proxima b I haven't tried since I already have an addon for it.

OK. I tested a bunch of things and the issue is is that you most likely have 0.9.8.0, not 0.9.8.0e (the patch released a few months ago)
These systems only work with that version
However, I do need to fix's some things

N0B0DY
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

16 Oct 2017 13:05

Quarior wrote:
not 0.9.8.0e (the patch released a few months ago)

Hi, would it be too hard to make your addons compatible with 0980?
MSIX299RAIDERMB,COREi7-7820X8C/[email protected],[email protected], [email protected]BGDDR5VRAM,OS:[email protected]

Quarior
Explorer
Explorer

16 Oct 2017 14:08

N0B0DY wrote:
Quarior wrote:

So you don’t quote the good people because is tRetro-Visor said the sentence, otherwise I don’t know how to convert from 0.9.8.0e to 0.9.8.0 so maybe the author or a other modder can answer to this question.
Last edited by Quarior on 16 Oct 2017 23:22, edited 1 time in total.

tRetro-Visor
Astronaut
Astronaut
Topic Author

16 Oct 2017 16:12

N0B0DY wrote:
Quarior wrote:

Yes. It means doing the systems again because certain scripts have to be rewritten. But you might as well get the patch.
I don't know why some of you don't have the 0.980e patch installed