Free planetarium

JCandeias
Astronaut
Astronaut
Topic Author

JCandeias' ships

31 Jul 2017 08:54

So I recently had a few insomniac nights (bloody heat!) and that meant I finally got into ships, learning to fly them (well... a bit) and build them with ePayload's editor. I made a few designs, without giving much thought to functionality (I was way too tired to plan anything, so I just added elements and if they felt right they stayed), and I thought I might just as well share them. Or share it: for now it's just one, 'cause the others have a few small issues I want to correct first.

Any comments are welcome. I'll be updating this post with the other ships (not all, just the ones I like best) as time allows. You know how to install these, right? Just place the .sss file in addons>models>spacecraft.

For now, I give you the Grapefruit.
grapefruit.sss
(63.45 KiB) Downloaded 10 times

scr00162.jpg

I got to the conclusion that the issues of one those ships that had issues I wanted to correct first aren't correctable. Ot at least I don't know enough about this modelling thing to correct them.

I tried to make the smallest functional ship possible using Space Engine modules, a small orbital shuttle with a docking port, shunting engines only (still able to pack well over 100 G of acceleration, which is crazy) and a live emergency module. And it kinda works, although I don't seem to be able to dock it with larger ships (is there a male-female thing in docking ports?) and despite the fact that autopilot seems to hate its guts. Manually it's flyable, though, so here goes.

Ship #2, the Barrell
barrell.sss
(4.95 KiB) Downloaded 6 times

scr00163.jpg
Last edited by JCandeias on 02 Aug 2017 10:35, edited 6 times in total.

JCandeias
Astronaut
Astronaut
Topic Author

JCandeias' ships

31 Jul 2017 08:54

(reserved, just in case)

Jackdaw
Astronaut
Astronaut

JCandeias' ships

10 Aug 2017 02:52

JCandeias wrote:
Source of the post a small orbital shuttle with a docking port, shunting engines only (still able to pack well over 100 G of acceleration, which is crazy) and a live emergency module.

Did you use the ship editor to make your ship?
"...perch`e i nostri discorsi hanno a essere sopra un mondo sensibile, e non sopra un mondo di carta."

CPU: Intel Core i7 5700HQ GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 970M RAM: 16 GBs

JCandeias
Astronaut
Astronaut
Topic Author

JCandeias' ships

10 Aug 2017 06:12

Jackdaw wrote:
Source of the post Did you use the ship editor to make your ship?

Yes. All of them.

smellywilie
Observer
Observer

JCandeias' ships

11 Aug 2017 17:17

How do you install ships that aren't in .pak files?
Hello, I am a star with a planet known as, "Train of Thought". He flies around me every single year, and it only takes him 8 seconds for him to complete his orbit, since I'm only half the size of the sun, but I am bright, I assure you that.