Space Pilot
Topic Author

SE Atmospheres 2.0 + Solar System Improved, music

02 Feb 2017 19:03

SE Atmospheres 2.0 + Solar System Improved
(update 12 May 2017)
Press the name to start download
Place files in the SpaceEngine folder, with replacing
Two mods are combined in one. Why? Because of Solar system - in it one without another will work incorrectly.
The first part improves the available atmospheres and adds 11 new. The second part improves a set of planets and satellites of our system.

SE Atmospheres 2.0 description:
[spoiler]
Atmospheres completely rewritten:
- Venus (the dawn is bright red as it must be, in the new version blue in height is added),
- Pluto (more modest but realistic)
Atmospheres corrected:
- Mars (height, colors),
- Jupiter (height),
- Neptune (softer color)
Atmospheres from Solar system added:
- Saturn (blue in height added so the atmosphere now supports rings winter of 0.981)
- Uranus
Thus number of the atmospheres in our system is now full.
New atmospheres from StarCraft added:
- Char (for hot evil planets)
- Shakuras (comfort deserts)
- Kaldir (white, for winter worlds)
- Zerus (jungle worlds)
New atmospheres from Wikipedia planet types:
- Hot giant (use only inside solar corona)
- Helium giant
- Carbon world
- Brown dwarf
- Desert
- Universal (created specially so hue control never spoils the dawn)
[/spoiler]
Screenshots:
[spoiler][/font]
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
[/spoiler]
Solar System Improved description:
[spoiler]
- Earth map doesn't suffer from jpeg-artifacts anymore. It hasn't become larger, but is simply saved in quality, not 4 of 12.
- Venus is completely rewritten. New clouds and surface, real elevation map by data from Magellan.
- Gas giants of our system don't look as stone anymore, now you can dive into Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune and watch the skies.
- New HD textures for all 4 gas giants. Even better than in previous versions. There are no joints anymore.
- Ring textures of Uranus and Neptune are increased and improved.
- Rings of all giants except Saturn are slightly more bright (hardly visible instead of completely invisible). Even if it doesn't correspond to the real situation, rings worth to be seen (by the way as well as nebulae).
- For 3 of 4 giants the additional inner layer of clouds is added, it appears under the player when landing, strengthening feeling of presence in the sky (for Jupiter this addition is impossible since because of his sizes the layer would appear either with corners, or above the player).
- Designed HD textures and bumps of Pluto, Charon, Sedna, Umbriel, Titania, bumps of Mimas and Callisto. Author - Kexitt.
- Designed HD textures and bumps of Ariel, Oberon, Miranda. Author - Snowfall-The-Cat.
- Improved map of Ceres. Author - RVS. Improved Ceres bump from NASA.
- Correction for these and other maps by me: smoothing of poles and joints, size increase, detalization, etc.
(Thus practically all planets and large satellites are processed. It is easier to tell what is absent in the mod: there are no bumps for Enceladus and Rhea. All the rest is done.)
- Pluto is turned to Charon by a reverse side from the "heart" as in real space.
- Mars and Pluto atmospheres are significantly corrected: they were unfairly high, now they are realistic. Pluto has +40 degree greenhouse as in real space.
[/spoiler]
Screenshots:
[spoiler][/font]
SSE 1.jpg
SSE 2.jpg
SSE 3.jpg
SSE 4.jpg
[/spoiler]
Orbit shader
Put into SpaceEngine/addons/shaders
In SE 0.981 there will be a control of how you want to see orbits.
For now I made beautiful orbit look. Position of planets becomes obvious.
[spoiler][/color][/font]
[attachment=0]Orbit shader.png[/attachment][/color][/font]
[/spoiler]
Music mod
Unpack to SpaceEngine/addons
The initial music folder may stay as is. It will not play as long as the mod is installed.

The point is that initial tracks in SE are very sluggish. Yes, they are suitable for space and perform the function of an infinite background, but I am a fan of more substantial music, so I created the collection (also with a contextual binding) from various games, movies, clips and demoscenes. Some of them are rhythmical, others are sad, the third are scary, but there are no neutral ones. You may not happen to know many of them, but the choice logic generally was that in a source there was an event similar to one binded in SE. For example on oceania with life goes the music from "Submarine Titans" (an underwater strategy) and on the ice worlds there is a track from a very snowy mission in "Breed".
Also the mod replaces all two sounds of clicks to similar from StarCraft.

Known issues:
- For several seconds after start of a game 2 tracks play at once, then one of them fades away. It is not my fault, SE works this way.
- The contextual binding not always works, it happens also to official music.
- After some time you will get tired of this mod. 70 substantial tracks is a few number, you will memorize everything and will begin to recognize the them. Later you will return to initial tracks or silence. I realize that my mod is a temporary fun.

Also visit
Planet mods: TRAPPIST-1, colonization, Gloria, Snickers
Attachments
Orbit shader.png
Last edited by Pluton on 25 May 2017 15:57, edited 15 times in total.

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

SE Atmospheres 2.0, corrections, music (mods by Helleformer)

03 Feb 2017 03:58

I find the music mod interesting, even if there are some issues.
Since I don't use cyrillic, SE can't resolve cyrillic names of some files so music isn't played and contextual music doesn't work.
Also, If I may, by unpacking the zip file under SpaceEngine addons/ folder, better if under a sub-folder named let's say SEMusicMod, Space Engine will load new songs and effects without messing with default folders under data/.
And I'd be careful regarding distribution of copyrighted material without proper rights to do so.
For the rest of the scripts, check how the .pak system works in this manual page, when you start using it for addons distribution, when applicable, it's amazing.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |

DoctorOfSpace
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

03 Feb 2017 05:22

I'm curious to see what you base your atmosphere modifications on to call them realistic
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @5Ghz - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 - GPU: MSI RTX 40​90 GAMING ​TRIO 24G
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

Pluton
Space Pilot
Space Pilot
Topic Author

03 Feb 2017 06:16

Since I don't use cyrillic, SE can't resolve cyrillic names of some files so music isn't played and contextual music doesn't work.
I didn't  think of it. Initialy the mod was created for russian community.
Now I made a full english version, link is already there. And yes, put it to addons folder.
And I'd be careful regarding distribution of copyrighted material without proper rights to do so.
We can never do ANYTHING if we think of these things! Copyright is the enemy of rationality, it says everybody can create stuff and then put them into table box cause nobody can ever see it.

Pluton
Space Pilot
Space Pilot
Topic Author

03 Feb 2017 06:57

I'm curious to see what you base your atmosphere modifications on to call them realistic
When Earth has atmosphere 60 km height, Jupiter (which is a giant) has 300 km and at the same time Mars has 132 and Pluto has 450! - it is not realistic. 50 for Mars and 30 for Pluto makes it fine. And having +40 degree temperature for Pluto is realistic - why? Cause science says that.
When Venus has blue dawn it is not realistic cause rarefied atmospheres have it, not thick.

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

03 Feb 2017 07:45

When Earth has atmosphere 60 km height, Jupiter (which is a giant) has 300 km and at the same time Mars has 132 and Pluto has 450! - it is not realistic
If you had started the post with "What would happen if..." all the rest would have been perfectly reasonable under the laws of "suspension of disbelief". Unfortunately you're missing the point of realism, you should make it clear that these interpretations are based on fantasy, against the facts. Pluto atmosphere in SE right now it's more or less as measured by probe data and other studies, which is fine as far as it concern realism. It would be nice if the dawn on Venus would be like this, but as far as we know it's not.
Your idea of copyright doesn't even need to be addressed, sorry.
We can never do ANYTHING if we think of these things!
You can do ANYTHING you want as long as it stays within your four walls, but when you do or say something on the net you should always be aware that you're in a public place, which usually leads to consequences.
Last edited by Mosfet on 03 Feb 2017 07:55, edited 1 time in total.
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |

XBrain130
Explorer
Explorer

03 Feb 2017 07:50

Have you seen the photos taken from New Horizon? Pluto's atmosphere might as well be a DBZ battle aura: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Blue ... _Pluto.jpg

Wikipedia says they detected gas as high as some 1500 km.

Also Venus has no dawn because the atmosphere is so thick there's diffuse lighting everywhere on the day side.
SpaceEngine's Italian Discord server: https://discord.gg/NhQbEbC

Pluton
Space Pilot
Space Pilot
Topic Author

03 Feb 2017 08:23

Also Venus has no dawn because the atmosphere is so thick there's diffuse lighting everywhere on the day side.
And if you land on my Venus you will see it has no dawn too. Why? Because the clouds. You forgot we are talking about pure atmosphere file, without clouds and this atmosphere serves not only 1 planet, but many others also, which might have for example 10 times earth-pressure, not 92 and such planet WILL have dawn.
you should always be aware that you're in a public place, which usually leads to consequences.
I get your point. Nobody must create mods, nobody have rights, everyone must live in fear. Keep on, bra. I will not, thx. 

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

03 Feb 2017 08:43

I get your point.
Most probably not, but as you said let's keep on :)

Roswell
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

03 Feb 2017 14:58

How to download correctelly ?

Pluton
Space Pilot
Space Pilot
Topic Author

03 Feb 2017 15:57

Roswell,
► Show Spoiler

Roswell
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

03 Feb 2017 16:10

thanks pluton It's helpfull but you're russian. ^^

I wish to get all new atmosphere COMPATIBLE for my intel, YOU'RE best :D 5 news atmosphere work perfectely, can you able to make a pinkworld, greenworld, shrek, xenon, sangre and purple world I want to get my 6 last atmosphere because of those atmosphere from other user doesn't work correctely because it's not compatible, he use the NVidia but not me, pls make me to get COMPATIBLE atmosphere T_T

Pluton
Space Pilot
Space Pilot
Topic Author

03 Feb 2017 16:43

but you're russian
But? Is it bad to be russian? wow
I don't know what you mean under "compatible". They all use absolutely the same mechanics and if you can run one atmosphere - you can run them all. You can enable them if you go here:
SpaceEngine\data\models\atmospheres
open the archive, the atmospheres.cfg file
in it's end you see this:
► Show Spoiler

Delete the red symbols for all atmospheres you need and they will be unblocked. But they are pretty bad, I saw them in action.

Roswell
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

03 Feb 2017 17:52

It's already activated, I'll show how it's uncompatible D:

5 ugly atmosphere are uncompatible to my intel, I wish someone can repair for back to normal instead of souffer like that. That why I said it's look like "uncompatible" for my stupid intel. but YOU, work fine but I prefer to add those new atmosphere without the stupid perma glitch or perma bug  ^^
Attachments
scr00003.jpg
scr00004.jpg
scr00005.jpg
scr00006.jpg
scr00007.jpg

ZackG
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

08 Feb 2017 23:34

5 ugly atmosphere are uncompatible to my intel, I wish someone can repair for back to normal instead of souffer like that. That why I said it's look like "uncompatible" for my stupid intel. but YOU, work fine but I prefer to add those new atmosphere without the stupid perma glitch or perma bug  ^^
Well heres an advice. get a desktop PC with a real GPU.