Ultimate space simulation software

tornadotodd
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

Solar System Textures and Less Brightness Addons

31 Jan 2018 18:03

Pluton wrote:
In my upcoming "Solar System Improved" mod
This is not a simply gray version, this is a rework of spectrum colors into elevation gradient. 
8192 x 4096
1.jpg

Would something like that work for Earth? Because I am currently working on an updated srt 30 meter elevation map for Earth. SE is (meter). The problem that I am having though is matching SE's gradient greyscale to achieve correct elevation values. SE has a base map that includes the ocean floor as well. SRT 30 meter I can only find the land DEM so areas like Florida are well below sea level lol.. I need to ideally find the entire map with the ocean floor or the proper gradient for land values above sea level.  What GIS do you use.. I am working with the latest Global Mapper right now, and about to try out the new ArcGIS.. Also have you experimented with Lidar data?? I am sorry if this is off topic for this thread I didn't have a way to PM you, but since it was in relation to your work on a project in this thread I thought that it may be ok to post the question here. If not I am sorry and can be removed. Thanks let me know. Once I have the gradient issue solved, if I can not find the entire map including ocean floor I will layer it in once I am done with Earth as there is new data released for the ocean floor in much greater detail as well. The gradient problem will help me with work on local addons as well. I noticed you used an entire different method to achieve the elevation on that map will that technique work accurately for Earth as well too?? A network of spectrum into Earth elevation gradient??? I need to figure out how to match that gradient. Lots of questions thanks.

tornadotodd
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

Solar System Textures and Less Brightness Addons

31 Jan 2018 18:06

johnvv wrote:
can not seam to be able to edit

a 2k 8bit normalized copy of the heightmap

Isn't it technically supposed to be 16 bit to work correctly?