Ultimate space simulation software

virgiltu
Observer
Observer

Mods and Addons - Requests, suggestions and ideas

22 Feb 2018 18:50

I would love two things, one a like where we can pay for this. It is amazing.

Two, is to see something like No Mans SKy. What do i mean by that.

The ability to walk on a planet, get back to your ship, fly a ship with more of a game like physics. In other words to make it more realistic where you can only fly at the speed of light if you are in a ship. This game is amazing in VR, but it is definitely missing the reality of it. The rest is beyond amazing.

lucas
Observer
Observer

26 Feb 2018 09:27

Hi all !

I'm working on musical addon (and  its generator). I would like to know if there is any list of possible context allowed for the musics, and also if there is a method to determine if a context is valid. [url=http://spaceengine.org/manual/making-addons/scenario-scripts/]The doc[/url] seems not to indicate anything about that.

I would love to:
[list]
[*]build contexted playlists
[*]contribute to the documentation to make the context system clear and more documented than now
[/list]
--lucas

Cesare
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

27 Feb 2018 00:10

You can download copyright free music from the YouTube Audio Library.
Cesare Vesdani

lucas
Observer
Observer

27 Feb 2018 01:22

[quote="Cesare"]You can download copyright free music from the YouTube Audio Library.[/quote]

Thanks for the link, i didn't know that website. As far i can see, it's a (small) equivalent to [FMA](http://freemusicarchive.org/), in which i've found lot of music suited for SE.

The question for contexts is still open.

Efe35
Observer
Observer

11 Mar 2018 05:40

I would like to see more new galaxy skins. I think its not enough what space engine has

Hornblower
Pioneer
Pioneer

11 Mar 2018 08:49

Efe35 wrote:
I would like to see more new galaxy skins. I think its not enough what space engine has

Check out Kexitt's galaxy models! http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=44
"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - Douglas Adams

enioguedes
Observer
Observer

11 Mar 2018 12:55

Convex Earth Mod:

[img]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/trgetMoGNQA/maxresdefault_live.jpg[/img]
[img]http://pegasus.portal.nom.br/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/convexa-07.jpg[/img]

Why not someone create a mod showing Earth not round, bat flatter, convex to be more specific? I don't believe Earth is flat, of course, but I guess a mod showing what Earth would like if it was more like a giant asteroid with a more or less surface at the top. In this model Earth is not the center of the universe, not even an infinite land, but more like a huge asteroid. For the day and night at the flat face of the Earth asteroid, that face must be inclined, to allow a day and night side while it is spinning like a disk, not like a globe. Such model showed in the pictures is possible to create in Space Engine?

enioguedes
Observer
Observer

11 Mar 2018 13:00

Convex Earth mod:

[img]http://pegasus.portal.nom.br/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/convexa-07.jpg[/img]

Why not someone create a mod showing Earth not round, bat flatter, convex to be more specific? I don't believe Earth is flat, of course, but I guess a mod showing what Earth would like if it was more like a giant asteroid with a more or less surface at the top. In this model Earth is not the center of the universe, not even an infinite land, but more like a huge asteroid. For the day and night at the flat face of the Earth asteroid, that face must be inclined, to allow a day and night side while it is spinning like a disk, not like a globe. Such model showed in the pictures is possible to create in Space Engine?

JackDole
World Builder
World Builder

12 Mar 2018 02:14

enioguedes wrote:
Source of the post Convex Earth mod

Something similar already exists. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=71&p=15014#p15014
scr00099.png

gbradford
Observer
Observer

12 Mar 2018 14:24

More Stereoscopic options

Is it possible to add a dual pipe option to the active shutter 3D option?
The 3D looks amazing on pc with nvidia card and compatible 3D monitor over hdmi.
Would like to see a dual-head display port option so I can play on projector. My projector requires that the left and right eye view be over separate cables to two display ports. It appears currently when selecting the 3D active shutter option the image is sent combined to one monitor only.

DarkerDaDorito
Observer
Observer

15 Mar 2018 20:19

Hey!

I was just wondering if anyone made Starman in his Tesla Roadster as a spacecraft. (For pics and stuff)
I tried searching and I didn't find anything about a "Starman mod"
(Or maybe I just suck at searching)
But, the point is has anyone made it yet? Is anyone planning to make it? Or did I just not find it. :/
I know that some people have asked for the mod but I didn't find much work being done so I'm just kinda sending this to remind people.

(please make one i'd love it)
Cheers to clear skies.

tRetro-Visor
Explorer
Explorer

15 Mar 2018 22:03

DarkerDaDorito wrote:
Hey!

I was just wondering if anyone made Starman in his Tesla Roadster as a spacecraft. (For pics and stuff)
I tried searching and I didn't find anything about a "Starman mod"
(Or maybe I just suck at searching)
But, the point is has anyone made it yet? Is anyone planning to make it? Or did I just not find it. :/
I know that some people have asked for the mod but I didn't find much work being done so I'm just kinda sending this to remind people.

(please make one i'd love it)

The difficult part about this is that most of the proper Tesla Roadster 3D models are payed. Also, getting the assets from SpaceX for the starman might be hard

DoctorOfSpace
World Builder
World Builder

15 Mar 2018 23:48

I have been trying to get a proper Tesla model, have been unable to rip one properly from US^2, and there is no proper model of the Starman.  It would be great if SpaceX would share the assets but that is unlikely.
CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 - GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

JackDole
World Builder
World Builder

16 Mar 2018 01:38

I would like to see this spaceship in SpaceEngine.
comp falcon.jpg

The upper ship. (The lower ship just looks similar by chance. (The upper ship is older.))

But I do not know where to get useful models for it.

Cesare
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

16 Mar 2018 13:08

Yes, the Tesla Roadster from Universe Sandbox 2 could be added to Space Engine. That would be a nice addition to Space Engine.
Cesare Vesdani