Ultimate space simulation software

Cesare
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Mods and Addons - Requests, suggestions and ideas

19 Nov 2017 19:04

It looks like the whole of Space Engine would need to have an entire 4K resolution for every object that players visit.
Cesare Vesdani

XBrain130
Explorer
Explorer

20 Nov 2017 05:15

Cesare wrote:
It looks like the whole of Space Engine would need to have an entire 4K resolution for every object that players visit.

what is that even supposed to mean?
Ultra HD Earth mod already is 128K, and procedural objects have a basically infinite resolution.
SpaceEngine's Italian Discord server: https://discord.gg/NhQbEbC

Cesare
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

20 Nov 2017 08:25

That's amazing. Just keep up with the development. If possible, hire more developers for faster development of Space Engine.
Cesare Vesdani

Ensabahnur
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

23 Nov 2017 22:24

Is there a mod that turns Jupiter into a star or does someone intends on making one?

An'shur
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

03 Dec 2017 00:44

Ensabahnur wrote:
Is there a mod that turns Jupiter into a star or does someone intends on making one?

I am on it :) I'll make multiple versions in which Jupiter will be a different type of star.

Ensabahnur
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

03 Dec 2017 03:36

An'shur wrote:
Ensabahnur wrote:

I am on it :) I'll make multiple versions in which Jupiter will be a different type of star.

AWESOME!

tornadotodd
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

20 Dec 2017 19:01

I am looking for mods similar to the Grand Canyon mod. Especially anything within the U.S. or improves Earth.. If anyone has anything that they have created for personal use I would love to check it out. Since we can throw requests out there, I am from Northern WV. If anyone would like to work on that area lol. Love the new version and all of the hard work guys. Someone mentioned a mountain mod in a thread that I saw but I am not sure if that was related to Earth or not. 

PlutonianEmpire
Pioneer
Pioneer

21 Dec 2017 15:14

Can someone who still has the old files update this mod, please?

While the stars catalogs are in SE by default now, the fictional planets are not, and the download links are broken :cry:

http://old.spaceengine.org/forum/17-2265-1
Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

Heaven's Disciples
Observer
Observer

21 Dec 2017 16:47

Is there a mod to show line markers of where tectonic plates could be?

netzly
Observer
Observer

26 Dec 2017 11:19

Could you make SpaceX Rockets?

universe
Observer
Observer

27 Dec 2017 10:52

3c279 please this is the highest res image I could find
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3C_279.jpg

Planetkid32
Observer
Observer

05 Jan 2018 20:41

[quote="Franz"]And Uranus 16384 x 819? Completely free and hi-res Maps. Who want an upload?  ;)
[img]https://i.imgur.com/58MG7iy.jpg[/img][/quote]
I want an upload along with Neptune!!!

tornadotodd
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

09 Jan 2018 13:32

I have a mod suggestion that I think would be beneficial to the SE community.. One of you guys who regularly import outside ships and from say star wars or whatever, should do a youtube tutorial of the whole process from start to finish.. Working with the SE ship creator is pretty simple and straight forward. Importing custom ships on the other hand has proven to be quite challenging not only for me but a number of other users.. I am very good at creating high res/ realistic 3d models but I have had no luck getting them into SE even after hours of trying and reading the manual. So for instance if one of you are about to import and upload a custom ship or real nasa ship you could video the creation starting with the file paths, the actual conversion from obj with your editor you use, the code changes and file making and any other useful tips or troubleshooting that may make the process 101 for beginners. I think some video tutorials in areas like that would greatly encourage more people to import and contribute to the mod community. I have talked to a number of people who have just settled for the SE ship editor due to giving up..  Its just a suggestion, but if one of you are going to import anyway it wouldn't take much time to throw something like that together. As far as building, there are plenty of 3d software tutorials out there for those of you who are new to that. So this is the big hurtle that I see. I believe there would be a large increase in awesome mods if more people were able to understand that process more easily. A visual hands on like that can be very useful.. I love SE and all of the mod contributors on here, so I hope that no one finds this offensive. But admittedly there is a learning curve in that particular process and without a sort of visual in depth template like that, there really isn't anything more that anyone can do once they have exhausted their efforts in attempting everything that can be discerned from the manual.. Thanks guys, I look forward to everyone's input, and truly hope that someone will be willing to do that request. If I was able to figure it out myself I would do it jus to help people get a better grasp on  that topic. 

ettore_bilbo
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

09 Jan 2018 14:17

Often problems concern the preparation of an obj suitable for being imported. in blender remember to flag this options:
Attachments
Immagine.jpg

tornadotodd
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

15 Jan 2018 02:20

It would be cool once ground objects can be added to have a hanger ship editor of some sort where you can pre dock ships before launch and add certain cargo.

Added:

I have something that might be a good idea to add some space weather on some planets. I downloaded a moving cloud mod for Earth the other day that turned out really awesome.. What if on dry dessert planets the cloud deck could be sparse and lowered onto ground level and put in motion at a reasonable speed but thicken and discolor the clouds and keep them only in certain areas and very thick like dust storms?? And on another note I know that it is possible to download say year long animated Earth clouds from the SPC. Could that be put in place as the stagnate cloud map is but scripted to animate on some sort of loop? If that were possible then motion could be perceived in the northern hemisphere, Southern, and Equatorial zones. Not to mention watching things like supercell convection and hurricane formation.????  

There is also weather programs now that show in great detail 3d clouds arrays so that even if they were not in motion you could zoom down and see something like a supercell from ground level rendered to scale if that could be figured out or were possible.