Ultimate space simulation software

Ensabahnur
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

Mods and Addons - Requests, suggestions and ideas

16 Aug 2017 12:42

What about you XBrain130 any new mods you might share with the rest of us?

JackDole
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

16 Aug 2017 13:36

JackDole have you made any new mods for yourself
I can not make much at the moment because SE 0.980 does not work properly on my computer. But I have made an addon - look here: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic. ... 120#p11798
JackDole's Universe 0.990: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=546
JackDole's Archive: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=419
JackDole: Mega structures ... http://old.spaceengine.org/forum/17-3252-1 (Old forum)

Ensabahnur
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

17 Aug 2017 00:13

Anyone heard about the new exoplanet around GJ 625 and planning on making a mod about it ?  https://futurism.com/earth-like-planet- ... red-dwarf/

JackDole
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

17 Aug 2017 05:54

Anyone heard about the new exoplanet around GJ 625 and planning on making a mod about it ?
Here: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic. ... 829#p11829
JackDole's Universe 0.990: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=546
JackDole's Archive: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=419
JackDole: Mega structures ... http://old.spaceengine.org/forum/17-3252-1 (Old forum)

XBrain130
Explorer
Explorer

25 Aug 2017 11:17

What about you XBrain130 any new mods you might share with the rest of us?
Most of my mods are planetary ones made with the beta (which added new parameters), so I wanted to wait until the next version's release. But I'll see if I can post some of them next week.
SpaceEngine's Italian Discord server: https://discord.gg/NhQbEbC

Cameronbodart20
Observer
Observer

25 Aug 2017 11:36

Qu'en est-il de  XBrain130, tous les nouveaux mods que vous pourriez partager avec le reste de nous?
La plupart de mes mods sont planétaires fabriqués avec la version bêta (qui a ajouté de nouveaux paramètres), alors je voulais attendre la version de la prochaine version. Mais je verrai si je peux publier certains d'entre eux la semaine prochaine.

XBrain130
Explorer
Explorer

25 Aug 2017 11:49

Cameronbodart20, why the heck are you translating random posts into French?
SpaceEngine's Italian Discord server: https://discord.gg/NhQbEbC

strider2112
Observer
Observer

25 Aug 2017 13:47

This might be in the wrong thread (still under Mods) but it's still a request... the torrent copies of the Solar System HD and Ultra HD mods don't seem to connect to anything at all (I've left them running now over 20 minutes as well as tried the same thing about six months ago- same result).
Could someone/multiple people possibly turn their torrent copies on to help me out?
The other thing I wanted to ask/inquire about is the server-side of the actual hosted files (if torrents don't work)... is there any trouble? I'm trying to direct-download them and it seems to only run about 225kb/s (my connection caps out at over 24,000kb/s or 24MB/s which is why I ask).
As far as I can see, the tracker for Solar System HD and Ultra are offline. Also, when I look at the .torrent information, there are no trackers listed. It is only trying to use DHT, which will not likely work unless everyone uses it. I have also noticed that the tracker for the Install exe tends to go offline quite frequently as well, I don't have a watchdog set up to see how often it happens, but it seems to be down more than it is up. The sad thing is that there is one peer who is trying to get the install exe and the tracker is offline, so I'm afraid it's going to be a no-go for them.
It's excessively funny to me, because space engine recommends you use the torrent to increase speed and decrease traffic on their servers, but having a broken tracker and dysfunctional .torrent files only makes server traffic worse.
As for the limit of 250 KB/s on the official mirror, yep! That's what it is, and you're limited to 1 slot as well, if you try to download 2 or more slots at once the server boots you. I managed to get all the files by compiling a list of the mirror 2 download links and starting 4 separate download slots on my seedbox, I got a speed of around 10 MB/s doing that, I probably could have gone up to 20, but didn't want to push it. I now have the SolarSystemHD fully downloaded, in the torrent space, 100%, and ready to seed, but alas, no tracker.

Cinderwolf
Observer
Observer

27 Aug 2017 20:07

This might be in the wrong thread (still under Mods) but it's still a request... the torrent copies of the Solar System HD and Ultra HD mods don't seem to connect to anything at all (I've left them running now over 20 minutes as well as tried the same thing about six months ago- same result).
Could someone/multiple people possibly turn their torrent copies on to help me out?
The other thing I wanted to ask/inquire about is the server-side of the actual hosted files (if torrents don't work)... is there any trouble? I'm trying to direct-download them and it seems to only run about 225kb/s (my connection caps out at over 24,000kb/s or 24MB/s which is why I ask).
As far as I can see, the tracker for Solar System HD and Ultra are offline. Also, when I look at the .torrent information, there are no trackers listed. It is only trying to use DHT, which will not likely work unless everyone uses it. I have also noticed that the tracker for the Install exe tends to go offline quite frequently as well, I don't have a watchdog set up to see how often it happens, but it seems to be down more than it is up. The sad thing is that there is one peer who is trying to get the install exe and the tracker is offline, so I'm afraid it's going to be a no-go for them.
It's excessively funny to me, because space engine recommends you use the torrent to increase speed and decrease traffic on their servers, but having a broken tracker and dysfunctional .torrent files only makes server traffic worse.
As for the limit of 250 KB/s on the official mirror, yep! That's what it is, and you're limited to 1 slot as well, if you try to download 2 or more slots at once the server boots you. I managed to get all the files by compiling a list of the mirror 2 download links and starting 4 separate download slots on my seedbox, I got a speed of around 10 MB/s doing that, I probably could have gone up to 20, but didn't want to push it. I now have the SolarSystemHD fully downloaded, in the torrent space, 100%, and ready to seed, but alas, no tracker.
Wow...! Thank you for the explanation... I'm only seeing this now after an extended absence! I don't suppose you have any way to host these files through another peer exchange temporarily or allow basic (read-only) FTP access of any kind? Once I have a copy of them I'd be happy to set them up on my home-server (it's on 24/7) and wouldn't mind hosting that way if anyone wants. :)

GeneralJoe344
Observer
Observer

13 Sep 2017 12:27

Could someone perhaps create a shippack consisting of some Warhammer 40K ships?

Roswell
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

15 Sep 2017 23:28

Hi, I wondered where this addons who adds that "gloria" planet and the 3 other "planetary Body" in the solar system like "planetary Boday AX-03", "Planetary Body AX-12" and "Planetary Body AX-09", I don't remember the exact addons names. (I hate when I don't remember the name). And the Earth with "ring" add with addons, but I don't know his name -_-

Thanks you. ;)

marscanwait
Observer
Observer

30 Sep 2017 05:39

could someone make a mod/addon that add city lights to procedual planets? (like wen the planet has enough age and its not a specific planet like all mods/addons)

beyondsight
Observer
Observer

01 Oct 2017 16:02

Has there been an attempt to animate gas giants? It'd probably take a lot of processing power, not to mention speeding up time to actually see it, but that'd be really cool to watch one day. Especially with the palettes mod.

FastFourierTransform
Pioneer
Pioneer

02 Oct 2017 15:21

Has there been an attempt to animate gas giants? It'd probably take a lot of processing power, not to mention speeding up time to actually see it, but that'd be really cool to watch one day. Especially with the palettes mod.
Indeed it would be beautifull.
This has been suggested several times, and discussed in the forum for years now. If you want to have all the info about this idea please take a look:

First time it was discussed.
Second time it was discussed.
Third time it was discussed.
Fourth time it was discussed.
Fifth time it was discussed.
And it has been suggested in many many posts across many threads since then.

The current situation in summary is as follows: The suggestion is in the TODO list, this means having volumetric, morphing and dynamical clouds on every planet including gas giants, is something that the developer of SE has in mind to do eventually.
In fact there has been a mod for jupiter and procedurall planets that created the illusion of moving clouds using different moving layers of cloud on gas giants.

ImageImage

It was erased (the one for Jupiter) because people didn't even noticed and it was much more space demanding.

But yeah the development should go in the direction of making their behaviour more complex. So we discussed about Gaseous Giganticus, a software just for simulating this and the implementation possibilities. Even the developer of that software joined the conversation and expleined how he did it.

[youtube]8nx5yPpQh2M[/youtube]

Duke, the man that is helping develope Space Engine creating the first volumetric objects we will see in the next release posted about another simulator he found:

[youtube]eCD233cH8mY[/youtube]

beyondsight
Observer
Observer

02 Oct 2017 17:52

Oh, wow. Thanks for the detailed reply! I didn't know there was an 'old' forum...the second video you linked to looks especially great. Next time I'll definitely look around more before posting.