Ultimate space simulation software

Stab74
Astronaut
Astronaut

Star Wars addons

08 May 2017 09:25

I don't know man I just installed it a little over a month ago.  Dropped it into my addons folder no problems.  Maybe make sure you have the latest graphic drivers installed for your system and/or delete your cache folder.  When you relaunch SE it will rebuild it.

geoform
Observer
Observer

Star Wars addons

09 May 2017 23:41

I don't know man I just installed it a little over a month ago.  Dropped it into my addons folder no problems.  Maybe make sure you have the latest graphic drivers installed for your system and/or delete your cache folder.  When you relaunch SE it will rebuild it.
THANKS DUDE!! i just did what you said: deleted my cache folder...!

Airea
Observer
Observer

Star Wars addons

12 May 2017 16:50

Is the catalog complete

Betelgeuze
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

Star Wars addons

13 May 2017 01:14

Is the catalog complete
Nope. there missing Star Wars systems such as  Hosnian system /  Hosnian prime and more many systems that are not on catalog

ImperiumAssertor
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Star Wars addons

03 Jun 2017 10:15

This is a lovely mod, been playing around with it for a few days. The models are great, I like evillejedi's work. Being the purist I am, I've modded quite a few ships to have 'canonical' acceleration. And as you can imagine, the results are spectacular, and amusing  :)

Take the ISD-II for example, with its acceleration of 2300G, I changed the corrective thruster value to about 22500, giving that same acceleration in-game in m/s. Though it may look and sound ridiculous, this is small change compared to the actual power output of the ship (9e24w.) Assuming an ISD is about 64,000,000 metric tons at a density of 1.2 tons per m[sup]3[/sup], it would take 1.6e19w to accelerate to 22.5km/s for a second. So that's full forward acceleration, requiring only 0.0017% of the ship's full power. That said, there is a good theory that the ship's thrusters are pushing on hyperspace all the time, somehow, which might also explain how they're able to stop so abruptly. Or perhaps repulsor technology is factoring in somewhere (I suspect it is, why else wouldn't there be manoeuvring thrusters on SW ships.) Whatever the case, I suspect that they operate this way because they don't want to have to hold loads of rocket fuel, or it's inefficient in comparison. Obviously some is used, but that is probably just to aid in forward propulsion, which is the main mode of SW ships. So that might significantly increase the energy requirements of such movement (tapping into hyperspace probably requires lots of power, otherwise the engines wouldn't inhabit such enormous spaces in starships) thus explaining the very low power draw.

Anyway, long story short (that was a bit of a tangent) I'm having a fun time boosting the accel. to canonical levels on most, possibly all, ships. It's kind of amusing sitting a TIE on the ground and then shooting off into space in a matter of seconds lol.

Oh yeah, is anyone thinking of adding any other ships? I'd love to see some of the newer Byss fleet ships, the ones that Fractalsponge has designed, like the Assertor, Fulgor, Secutor, Bellator, new Allegiance model, and so on.

ImperiumAssertor
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Star Wars addons

04 Jun 2017 13:40

Oh an another question: when I edit the main thruster values, it seems to have no effect (?). Hover engines work, not sure about retrothrusters, corrective engines certainly work, but changes in thruster values seem to yield no results: the ships are almost always limited to 50m/s acceleration, which is too low for my purposes.

nlb122001
Observer
Observer

Star Wars addons

28 Jun 2017 11:28

Downloaded space engine recently. Love it but really want the Star Wars add ons. Problem is I have no clue how to do it. I've looked at a lot of these posts but it's like trying to read a foreign language. Could anyone give me a step by step in a 'space engine for dummies' language? Thank you in advance!

Stab74
Astronaut
Astronaut

Star Wars addons

28 Jun 2017 13:07

Download any of the three paks from the links in the original post under "Update for 0.9.8.0 and upper".  They will be in .pak format.  You don't have to extract them.  Just find the "addons" folder under your SpaceEngine install folder and just paste them in there.  That's it.  In game click the little ship icon on the left and click the "build" button.  You'll find them in there.

Mr. Abner
World Builder
World Builder

Star Wars addons

28 Jun 2017 21:29

Oh an another question: when I edit the main thruster values, it seems to have no effect (?). Hover engines work, not sure about retrothrusters, corrective engines certainly work, but changes in thruster values seem to yield no results: the ships are almost always limited to 50m/s acceleration, which is too low for my purposes.
Are you sure you are editing the correct parameter? I just changed my ISD main thrust to "60" from the default "50", and now it does maximum acceleration at just over 6g rather than the previous just-over-5g.
MainEngines  is the actual parameter to adjust.
However, I would like to know the difference (if any) between "CorrEngines" and "TurnEngines". Is this just a difference between rotation and lateral movement? One would assume that the same thrusters are being used to perform both jobs, just in different combinations. And I can see how one set of numbers would be in degrees per second per second, and the other in meters per second per second, but still... the same engines doing a different job. I think we should have one or the other.

-Alex

ImperiumAssertor
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Star Wars addons

15 Jul 2017 19:18

However, I would like to know the difference (if any) between "CorrEngines" and "TurnEngines". Is this just a difference between rotation and lateral movement? One would assume that the same thrusters are being used to perform both jobs, just in different combinations. And I can see how one set of numbers would be in degrees per second per second, and the other in meters per second per second, but still... the same engines doing a different job. I think we should have one or the other.
I am pretty sure they already do their own job, though I haven't tried it...
And yeah, I was editing the correct parameter... Maybe I wasn't saving it properly or something? I've just been using corr. engines, it's a lot easier to manoeuvre with them it seems.

ImperiumAssertor
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Star Wars addons

16 Jul 2017 14:14

Yeah, I tried it again - still doesn't work for the ISD-II. Weird. I edited the thruster value on the Millennium Falcon and it worked first time...

I did change the retrothruster value as well, and that worked as well as the corrective thrusters. But the forward thrusters remain capable only of a 5.1G acceleration or so, which is too slow.

Mr. Abner
World Builder
World Builder

Star Wars addons

17 Jul 2017 02:03

Very strange. Do you edit the file in the .pak file, or have the extracted .sss file?

RockoRocks
Observer
Observer

Star Wars addons

10 Sep 2017 09:57

This is great, I'm glad to see some of my work has lived on in the new forums, thank you guys so much for keeping this alive!

Phunnie
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

Star Wars addons

17 Sep 2017 12:03

This mod is amazing!
Oh. I have a youtube channel. https://www.youtube.com/c/Phunnie

funsihd
Observer
Observer

Star Wars addons

10 Oct 2017 15:34

I wanna fly through an entire star wars galaxy!