Ultimate space simulation software

BambusDude
SE Team Member
SE Team Member
Topic Author

Bambusmans Nebulae 4.0!

03 Mar 2017 12:10

tRetro-Visor, these images of the red spider and the ant nebula are from the latest version, you installed it correctly.
with the right mouse button you can view nebulae from different angles.
this is what they looked before:

SpaceEngineer
Author of SpaceEngine
Author of SpaceEngine

Bambusmans Nebulae 4.0!

03 Mar 2017 14:24

tRetro-Visor, remove the cache folder.

tRetro-Visor
Explorer
Explorer

Bambusmans Nebulae 4.0!

03 Mar 2017 14:42

tRetro-Visor, remove the cache folder.
Did that already. Looks the same
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."

Hornblower
Pioneer
Pioneer

Bambusmans Nebulae 4.0!

03 Mar 2017 14:49

tRetro-Visor, then you installed it correctly
"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - Douglas Adams

BambusDude
SE Team Member
SE Team Member
Topic Author

Bambusmans Nebulae 4.0!

08 Mar 2017 11:15

Im currently working on a better halo for the cats eye nebula:

DoctorOfSpace
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Bambusmans Nebulae 4.0!

08 Mar 2017 15:22

Looks good so far
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @5Ghz - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 - GPU: MSI RTX 40​90 GAMING ​TRIO 24G
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

BambusDude
SE Team Member
SE Team Member
Topic Author

Bambusmans Nebulae 4.0!

09 Mar 2017 05:27

Thank you! DoctorOfSpace!
i want it to look something like this:
if someone has any suggestions or feedback let me know.

Pluton
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

Bambusmans Nebulae 4.0!

11 Mar 2017 15:57

I watched your mod and may say the nebulas are beautiful as far as technical capabilities of engine allow. It's a "must have" thing. BUT for couple of months I was ignoring this mod. You know why? Because the post is issued just awfully. Instead of description you shown a code fragment, screenshots are placed by links and chosen very bad example - screenshot without reshade is better then a new one. There is no clear list of nebulas, no beautiful presentation. I tell you for sure that your page could have much more comments if you put some work in it's appearance.

DeathStar
Astronaut
Astronaut

Bambusmans Nebulae 4.0!

11 Mar 2017 18:22

I watched your mod and may say the nebulas are beautiful as far as technical capabilities of engine allow. It's a "must have" thing. BUT for couple of months I was ignoring this mod. You know why? Because the post is issued just awfully. Instead of description you shown a code fragment, screenshots are placed by links and chosen very bad example - screenshot without reshade is better then a new one. There is no clear list of nebulas, no beautiful presentation. I tell you for sure that your page could have much more comments if you put some work in it's appearance.
The post is fine, IMO. The "code fragment" is actually a list of all the nebulae added, which is more or less enough of a description for a mod like this. Why is it a problem that screenshots are provided through a link? I mean, there's almost no difference between that and embedding them within the thread itself. The reason that there aren't many comments is mostly because there is little to discuss - this is a very old mod(it has existed for several years already on the old forum) and is probably already among the most well-known and most used mods for SE.

Pluton
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

Bambusmans Nebulae 4.0!

12 Mar 2017 00:56

Man, I am administrator of 3 communities on vk.com: 49000, 3000 and 2500 people. Also I am a designer. And I do know that appearance, the formal look means very much. It is a very important moment in advertising science: with a bad poster you loose all the profit, with a good poster you may take the leading role in certain business, this is sometimes a question of millions dollars. Good we are not selling anything here but just trust me - at the moment the post looks just awful. I say that not to insult someone but to motivate refining it.

DoctorOfSpace
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Bambusmans Nebulae 4.0!

12 Mar 2017 01:11

Pluton, its the way you post that leads people to say these things, it comes out sounding harsh and demanding.  Might be something to work on when posting :)
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @5Ghz - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 - GPU: MSI RTX 40​90 GAMING ​TRIO 24G

Pluton
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

Bambusmans Nebulae 4.0!

12 Mar 2017 05:11

It is impossible to be truthful and remain pleasant for all at the same time. Unfortunately all human social communications are constructed on a lie. Begin telling the truth, and you will be hated - I have chosen my way long ago )
Btw I remind - the mod itself is excellent.

BambusDude
SE Team Member
SE Team Member
Topic Author

Bambusmans Nebulae 4.0!

12 Mar 2017 08:38

it comes out sounding harsh and demanding
it really comes out a bit harsh but i understand what you mean.
I watched your mod and may say the nebulas are beautiful as far as technical capabilities of engine allow.
Thank you.
Instead of description you shown a code fragment, screenshots are placed by links and chosen very bad example - screenshot without reshade is better then a new one. There is no clear list of nebulas, no beautiful presentation. I tell you for sure that your page could have much more comments if you put some work in it's appearance.
the code fragment is a list of all nebulae that have been done. I didnt wanted to put everything in a spoiler so i just put everything to imgur and the images you find there are all nebulae (maybe few are missing) that you can find in this addon that are shown in the correct angle. for example: this is the red rectangle nebula

so it wouldnt be very smart to put that angle of the red rectangle nebula as a screenshot:
scr00031.png
what could be done are gifs or a video presenting each nebulae (but i might be to lazy for that :) )
Man, I am administrator of 3 communities on vk.com: 49000, 3000 and 2500 people. Also I am a designer. And I do know that appearance, the formal look means very much. It is a very important moment in advertising science: with a bad poster you loose all the profit, with a good poster you may take the leading role in certain business, this is sometimes a question of millions dollars. Good we are not selling anything here but just trust me - at the moment the post looks just awful. I say that not to insult someone but to motivate refining it.
well this is not any science campaign or something :D , its just an addon for a simulator and SpaceEngineer adds the latest versions of this addon to the game, so if somebody didnt download it, he is still going to have it sooner or later :evil: .
Im not working on this addon for any profit (yes i actually do send me my money spaceengineer).
I still appreciate your feedback and im going to look what i can change on this page.

Pluton
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

Bambusmans Nebulae 4.0!

13 Mar 2017 03:13

Btw a new nebulae engine upcoming in 0.981 and new ones will be much more detailed and beautiful. Donno if old nebulas will stay.

DoctorOfSpace
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Bambusmans Nebulae 4.0!

13 Mar 2017 03:18

Old nebula will stay for a while.