Ultimate space simulation software

Bambusman
Space Pilot
Space Pilot
Topic Author

Bambusmans Nebulae 4.0!

30 May 2017 05:02

spaceguy, install my addon and search for red spider nebula if you can find it, it works.
i tested it on a clean install and it worked, are you using an older version of spaceengine?

Bambusman
Space Pilot
Space Pilot
Topic Author

Bambusmans Nebulae 4.0!

31 May 2017 05:33

I finished with the cats eye nebula and would like to share it :) :
You can download it here:
Cat's Eye Nebula.pak
(39.72 KiB) Downloaded 34 times

It has a "best i can do" 3d look and now imagine this with the new nebula method:
scr00012.jpg

JackDole
World Builder
World Builder

Bambusmans Nebulae 4.0!

31 May 2017 12:17

Bambusman,
your 'Cat's Eye Nebula' is not entirely compatible with your 'more_nebulae 4.0-fix1.pak'
scr00035.png

But maybe this is also due to my graphics card.

Bambusman
Space Pilot
Space Pilot
Topic Author

Bambusmans Nebulae 4.0!

31 May 2017 13:49

JackDole wrote:
Source of the post But maybe this is also due to my graphics card.

nope its not your graphic card, well i put it in the more nebulae pak file so this shouldnt happen now
 atleast i could do some fixes for the other nebulae too, btw thanks for telling me i wouldnt have seen it else :D.
here is the download:
more_nebulae 4.1

spaceguy
Explorer
Explorer

Bambusmans Nebulae 4.1!

31 May 2017 14:09

Bambusman wrote:
spaceguy, install my addon and search for red spider nebula if you can find it, it works.
i tested it on a clean install and it worked, are you using an older version of spaceengine?

I'm currently running 9.8.0.
Whenever I install the addon, it puts all the new model files in the addon folder. Is that perhaps the reason?
EDIT: Ok got it to mostly work. Some nebula appear not to work for me, such as the Eskimo nebula but that may be more related to graphic issues.
Attachments
whythopls.png
whythopls.png (3.73 KiB) Viewed 1393 times
doESNTwork.png
doESNTwork.png (508.6 KiB) Viewed 1393 times

Bambusman
Space Pilot
Space Pilot
Topic Author

Bambusmans Nebulae 4.1!

01 Jun 2017 05:51

spaceguy wrote:
spaceguy:Source of the post Whenever I install the addon, it puts all the new model files in the addon folder

thats because there are codes in the model file which are automatically updated by SE so it needs to extract it.

spaceguy wrote:
Source of the post such as the Eskimo nebula but that may be more related to graphic issues.

I did not add the Eskimo nebula yet, im still working on it also the addon works for you,
thats the new red spider nebula on your image, the old one looked like that:
scr00000.jpg

and this is what im currently working on:

Eskimo Nebula
Trifid Nebula
better Lagoon Nebula
better ngc 6826
Helix Nebula
Better Supernova remnants
trying to make nebulae more detailed with less sprites
Eagle Nebula
Carina Nebula
Veil Nebula

N0B0DY
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

Bambusmans Nebulae 4.1!

01 Jun 2017 10:23

Bambusman wrote:
I finished with the cats eye nebula and would like to share it :) :

Can't wait to finish work and go home to download it! Looks like a gem! Probably your best one IMO :) !

Bambusman
Space Pilot
Space Pilot
Topic Author

Bambusmans Nebulae 4.1!

01 Jun 2017 12:16

N0B0DY wrote:
Source of the post Can't wait to finish work and go home to download it! Looks like a gem! Probably your best one IMO

Thank you! :)

spaceguy
Explorer
Explorer

Bambusmans Nebulae 4.1!

01 Jun 2017 15:49

Bambusman wrote:
spaceguy wrote:
spaceguy:Source of the post Whenever I install the addon, it puts all the new model files in the addon folder

thats because there are codes in the model file which are automatically updated by SE so it needs to extract it.

spaceguy wrote:
Source of the post such as the Eskimo nebula but that may be more related to graphic issues.

I did not add the Eskimo nebula yet, im still working on it also the addon works for you,
thats the new red spider nebula on your image, the old one looked like that:
scr00000.jpg

and this is what im currently working on:

Eskimo Nebula
Trifid Nebula
better Lagoon Nebula
better ngc 6826
Helix Nebula
Better Supernova remnants
trying to make nebulae more detailed with less sprites
Eagle Nebula
Carina Nebula
Veil Nebula

What shadders you using?

Bambusman
Space Pilot
Space Pilot
Topic Author

Bambusmans Nebulae 4.1!

02 Jun 2017 05:31

spaceguy wrote:
Source of the post What shadders you using?

for that screenshot i didnt use any shader, thats the work of the beta version 0981 where you can change some settings like reshade.
the problem is i would like to increase the detail of my nebulae. well i could but the sprites would increase and performance would be really low, i need to find a way to increase detail without many sprites.

spaceguy
Explorer
Explorer

Bambusmans Nebulae 4.1!

02 Jun 2017 16:25

Bambusman wrote:
spaceguy wrote:
Source of the post What shadders you using?

for that screenshot i didnt use any shader, thats the work of the beta version 0981 where you can change some settings like reshade.
the problem is i would like to increase the detail of my nebulae. well i could but the sprites would increase and performance would be really low, i need to find a way to increase detail without many sprites.

perhaps this might help?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaTI2d0tQME

Bambusman
Space Pilot
Space Pilot
Topic Author

Bambusmans Nebulae 4.1!

03 Jun 2017 04:10

spaceguy wrote:
Source of the post perhaps this might help?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaTI2d0tQME

This is not completely possible with spaceengine also these are procedural while i use real nebula textures also i want to create them from the other angles like they really could look. But still thank you for trying to help :) .
Does anyone know what im working on here:
scr00014.png

spaceguy
Explorer
Explorer

Bambusmans Nebulae 4.1!

03 Jun 2017 14:46

Bambusman wrote:
spaceguy wrote:
Source of the post perhaps this might help?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaTI2d0tQME

This is not completely possible with spaceengine also these are procedural while i use real nebula textures also i want to create them from the other angles like they really could look. But still thank you for trying to help :) .
Does anyone know what im working on here:
scr00014.png

That's the Helix Nebula, right? 
I don't think anyone yet has invented realistic, real-time nebula rendering. Only simulations can do so but you know. It's really unfortunate too since this further complicates realistic procedural nebulae. :/

Bambusman
Space Pilot
Space Pilot
Topic Author

Bambusmans Nebulae 4.1!

04 Jun 2017 10:25

spaceguy wrote:
Source of the post I don't think anyone yet has invented realistic, real-time nebula rendering. Only simulations can do so but you know. It's really unfortunate too since this further complicates realistic procedural nebulae. :/

yes its the helix nebula,
for diffuse nebula yes but we know many structures of planetary nebula and kind of know what they look from diffrent angles. good examples are the red rectangle nebula, calabash nebula and ngc 2346 and im working on creating more ones like these. with the information we currently have. also i think spaceengineer is doing a pretty good job at creating realistic procedural nebula. and SpaceEngine is currently the only software (simulation) that shows real and procedural nebulae in (kind of) realistic 3d, which is actually pretty amazing to know.

spaceguy
Explorer
Explorer

Bambusmans Nebulae 4.1!

04 Jun 2017 10:39

Bambusman wrote:
spaceguy wrote:
Source of the post I don't think anyone yet has invented realistic, real-time nebula rendering. Only simulations can do so but you know. It's really unfortunate too since this further complicates realistic procedural nebulae. :/

yes its the helix nebula,
for diffuse nebula yes but we know many structures of planetary nebula and kind of know what they look from diffrent angles. good examples are the red rectangle nebula, calabash nebula and ngc 2346 and im working on creating more ones like these. with the information we currently have. also i think spaceengineer is doing a pretty good job at creating realistic procedural nebula. and SpaceEngine is currently the only software (simulation) that shows real and procedural nebulae in (kind of) realistic 3d, which is actually pretty amazing to know.

true. do you plan on doing H II regions someday, like the Orion nebula?