Free planetarium

Hornblower
Pioneer
Pioneer

HarbingerDawn's Modding Bazaar

24 Dec 2016 18:05

That looks really cool  :lol: 
Could you please try to make some more Star Wars Rebellion ships like X-wings, Y-wings, or the CR90 corvette? At least one of those would be really cool to have in SE  ;) 
Thanks.

EDIT: Nvm, looks like you have the CR90 corvette in the imperial pack  :D
"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - Douglas Adams

Hornblower
Pioneer
Pioneer

24 Dec 2016 18:37

They don't seem to be working for me in this version...
"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - Douglas Adams

HarbingerDawn
SE Team Member
SE Team Member
Topic Author

24 Dec 2016 18:41

Updated Spaceship of the Imagination released!
Ryzen 7 1700 OC to 3.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 RAM, GTX 980 Ti 6144 MB VRAM
Posts on old forum: 8717

HarbingerDawn
SE Team Member
SE Team Member
Topic Author

24 Dec 2016 18:44

Hornblower wrote:
Source of the post They don't seem to be working for me in this version...

A spacecraft pack for 0.9.7.1 isn't going to work right out of the box with 0.9.8.0.

I'm working on the Star Wars stuff right now, but I'm not just doing a compatibility update. I want to add new things and make some improvements before I release it. So it will take a while. I might release a quick compatibility fix first if it starts taking too long, we'll see.
Ryzen 7 1700 OC to 3.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 RAM, GTX 980 Ti 6144 MB VRAM
Posts on old forum: 8717

ReneAndre
Observer
Observer

08 Jan 2017 17:11

HarbingerDawn wrote:
Hornblower wrote:
Source of the post They don't seem to be working for me in this version...

A spacecraft pack for 0.9.7.1 isn't going to work right out of the box with 0.9.8.0.

I'm working on the Star Wars stuff right now, but I'm not just doing a compatibility update. I want to add new things and make some improvements before I release it. So it will take a while. I might release a quick compatibility fix first if it starts taking too long, we'll see.

it's been quite a while tho, what about the quick compatibility fix? i'm really looking foward to the star wars stuff.
what are the new things though :P 
first order ships?prequel era stuff maybe?

muitosabao
Observer
Observer

20 Jan 2017 08:55

Hi @HarbingerDawnThank you for the nice models and addons. Any chance to see the Hubble Space Telescope ported to 0.9.8?
Or at least, would you be kind to give me some hints on I could do it myself? I messed a bit about with the files from 0.9.7 and could not get it to work.
Working on a video, and would love to have the HST there.

Thanks so much for all the good work.

LeeP
Observer
Observer

04 Feb 2017 23:58

The E-Wing Cockpit looks awesome !!

well, the link for it seems to not be working.

Hornblower
Pioneer
Pioneer

08 Feb 2017 07:48

HarbingerDawn, could you please make your ISS mod compatible with 0.9.8.0?

Hornblower
Pioneer
Pioneer

14 Feb 2017 18:42

Your E-Wing Cockpit has a broken download link :C

hiigaran
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

17 Mar 2017 09:16

Harb, I don't suppose the Homeworld ships are still compatible? The installation instructions don't seem to make sense. There are no folders to merge to when extracting the .zip files to the SE directory, and even if I try to manually look for what I think is the right place, the folder name might not be exactly the same, or consist of the same structure. Currently I can see the list of ships in SE, but I don't see the actual ship when built. Just a marker at an invisible point. This is if I don't put it in the add-ons folder. Following the instructions in your original post and putting it in the add-ons folder, I don't even see the ship list. I've tried adding the model and texture folders as is to the add-ons folder, as well as trying to add only the contents of the add-ons folder in your files to the one in SE's folder.

...Wow, that sounds like a mouthful if you read it out loud!

On another note, how did you actually take the data from the game and put it into SE? Perhaps I can do a few myself. Want to see if I can get some of the ships from the Complex mod to work with SE.

trini_gamer
Observer
Observer

26 Mar 2017 07:57

I am fairly new to the forums and addons here - will an X wing be coming in the future?

Xoran
Pioneer
Pioneer

26 Mar 2017 09:38

trini_gamer wrote:
Source of the post I am fairly new to the forums and addons here - will an X wing be coming in the future?

There is already a spaceship called X-wing in the game, however it isn't the one from Star Wars.
Also, please post suggestions in the suggestions thread. :)
Space is too big to understand, so do not try to understand.

trini_gamer
Observer
Observer

26 Mar 2017 10:02

Ah ok. Yeah I mean that Star Wars one not the one thrown together by base-game pieces

Stab74
Astronaut
Astronaut

26 Mar 2017 19:53

Hey Harbinger I posted this under the Star Wars thread but I figured I'd post it here as well:

I hope it's OK to go ahead and post this but I've upgraded the three SW ship paks to work with 0.9.8.0 and posted them to my Google Drive.  All I did was rename the "spacecrafts" folders to "spacecraft" and I added appropriate "Pack" and "Faction" entries for each ship's .sss file.  I also made minor alterations to the readme files with updated install instructions and links to the new forum, where appropriate.  I added a credit for myself for converting from 0.9.7.1 to 0.9.8.0.  I have made NO changes to the ships themselves.  I hope this isn't a breech of protocol or anything and if the original authors would like for me to take this down I will.

To install just drop the pak files in their entirety into your SpaceEngine addons folder.

Stab74
Astronaut
Astronaut

14 Apr 2017 17:24

Well I've done it again.  This time I've updated HarbingerDawn's old Homeworld ship pack to 0.9.8.0.  In the old forums he included a folder with medium and one with high resolution textures.  I made the pak with hires so the file size is kind of large, 1.25 gigs and he recommends users have at least 4 gigs of RAM to run that one but I'd probably not do it with less than 8.  YMMV.

EDIT: User N0B0DY modified the lower res version as well!  Link below

Just like with the Star Wars packs all I've done is rename the "spacecrafts" folders to "spacecraft" and I added appropriate "Pack" and "Faction" entries for each ship's .sss file.  I also made minor alterations to the readme files with updated install instructions and links to the new forum, where appropriate.  I added a credit for myself for converting from 0.9.7.1 to 0.9.8.0.  I have made NO changes to the ships themselves.

To install just drop the pak file in its entirety into your SpaceEngine addons folder.

Last edited by Stab74 on 18 Apr 2017 08:13, edited 4 times in total.