Ultimate space simulation software

mbenson
Observer
Observer
Topic Author

Multi monitor and camera position API

20 Dec 2016 07:16

I am a software engineer working on a space simulator side project.  Is it possible to use SpaceEngine as a rendering engine for multiple cameras (and multiple monitors) with an API to set pose from an external source?  I have a rendering engine now, but Space Engine has some a lot of interesting features the other engine I'm using does not have.  I also have a high fidelity dynamics simulation that I want to continue using, as well as some unique user input devices.  The rendering engine I have now lets me set each camera relative to a single node, and lets me drive the pose of that node externally from my dynamics simulation.

HarbingerDawn
SE Team Member
SE Team Member

20 Dec 2016 08:21

No, this is not possible at present, and will not be possible for a long time.
Ryzen 7 1700 OC to 3.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 RAM, GTX 980 Ti 6144 MB VRAM
Posts on old forum: 8717

bob
Observer
Observer

29 Mar 2018 09:18

I'm looking for the same feature. I want to create a room simulation where i have a main view screen and a couple side windows.

I want to create a relaxation experience where I can set the destination and speed and just relax and occasionally look up to see where I am.

I would even be ok with the space engine running on multiple devices which are simply in sync on location but I've selected a different view position for each one. This could simulate the experience.

Thoughts?