Ultimate space simulation software

 
User avatar
Cantra
Pioneer
Pioneer
Posts: 334
Joined: 02 Nov 2016
Location: Sedna

Help with creating Mods and Addons

03 Aug 2019 14:25

How would I alter the poles of a procedural earth to do something like this? (Change where the axis of rotation occurs)
Image
 
User avatar
Quarior
Pioneer
Pioneer
Posts: 390
Joined: 11 Oct 2016
Location: Local Universe/Laniakea/Virgo SC/Local Group/Via Lactea/Orion–Cygnus Arm/Sol System/Gaia
Contact:

Help with creating Mods and Addons

04 Aug 2019 05:59

Hi.
I would create a locale file for update a mod but when the locale for a language doesn't exist, isn't load the English database.
So there are a possibility in script to force to load if isn't found the database for the user language ?
Because I won't to create one by one a files for each language (ex : eng-db, fra-db,...).

Cantra wrote:
Source of the post
How would I alter the poles of a procedural earth to do something like this? (Change where the axis of rotation occurs)

I know we can change the Obliquity but change where is the axis of the rotation, I think isn't possible now. So a alternative is made a bump map of the Earth like you want.
► Information
 
User avatar
Cantra
Pioneer
Pioneer
Posts: 334
Joined: 02 Nov 2016
Location: Sedna

Help with creating Mods and Addons

05 Aug 2019 10:21

Quarior wrote:
Hi.
I would create a locale file for update a mod but when the locale for a language doesn't exist, isn't load the English database.
So there are a possibility in script to force to load if isn't found the database for the user language ?
Because I won't to create one by one a files for each language (ex : eng-db, fra-db,...).

Cantra wrote:
Source of the post
How would I alter the poles of a procedural earth to do something like this? (Change where the axis of rotation occurs)

I know we can change the Obliquity but change where is the axis of the rotation, I think isn't possible now. So a alternative is made a bump map of the Earth like you want.

How could I do that? I don't know how to create bump maps and such. Is there an online tool for it?
 
User avatar
anitapatel
Observer
Observer
Posts: 5
Joined: 19 Jul 2019
Contact:

Help with creating Mods and Addons

05 Aug 2019 15:51

Cantra wrote:
Quarior wrote:
Hi.
I would create a locale file for update a mod but when the locale for a language doesn't exist, isn't load the English database.
So there are a possibility in script to force to load if isn't found the database for the user language ?
Because I won't to create one by one a files for each language (ex : eng-db, fra-db,...).

Cantra wrote:
Source of the post
How would I alter the poles of a procedural earth to do something like this? (Change where the axis of rotation occurs)

I know we can change the Obliquity but change where is the axis of the rotation, I think isn't possible now. So a alternative is made a bump map of the Earth like you want.

How could I do that? I don't know how to create bump maps and such. Is there an online tool for it?

please help me also to make my bump map of the Earth
"All that we are is the result of what we have thought."
"If you judge people, you have no time to love them."
"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself."
 
User avatar
anitapatel
Observer
Observer
Posts: 5
Joined: 19 Jul 2019
Contact:

Help with creating Mods and Addons

05 Aug 2019 16:03

Cantra wrote:
How would I alter the poles of a procedural earth to do something like this? (Change where the axis of rotation occurs)
Image

very nice work so far i cannot help you with altering your poles on this though i came for help on my devlopment
"All that we are is the result of what we have thought."
"If you judge people, you have no time to love them."
"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself."
 
User avatar
Cantra
Pioneer
Pioneer
Posts: 334
Joined: 02 Nov 2016
Location: Sedna

Help with creating Mods and Addons

05 Aug 2019 18:55

anitapatel wrote:
Cantra wrote:
Quarior wrote:
Hi.
I would create a locale file for update a mod but when the locale for a language doesn't exist, isn't load the English database.
So there are a possibility in script to force to load if isn't found the database for the user language ?
Because I won't to create one by one a files for each language (ex : eng-db, fra-db,...).


I know we can change the Obliquity but change where is the axis of the rotation, I think isn't possible now. So a alternative is made a bump map of the Earth like you want.

How could I do that? I don't know how to create bump maps and such. Is there an online tool for it?

please help me also to make my bump map of the Earth

What? I don't understand your questions. I am asking because I don't know how to do what you are asking. I didn't make that picture either.
 
User avatar
Quarior
Pioneer
Pioneer
Posts: 390
Joined: 11 Oct 2016
Location: Local Universe/Laniakea/Virgo SC/Local Group/Via Lactea/Orion–Cygnus Arm/Sol System/Gaia
Contact:

Help with creating Mods and Addons

07 Aug 2019 05:14

Hi Cantra and anitapatel, I made a heightmap of the Earth like you want with the software :
Gnargenox wrote:

To rappel, a heightmap is a elevation map make by a image in grayscale (black is the lowest value an hight the highest (mountains) value)
First, I open a heightmap of the Earth equirectangular in the output and I set in output of the projection equirectangular oblique and put the center of the projection to 150°E 90°N.
Method to made EarthHeightmap 150E 90N.png
The method to make the new heightmap of the Earth

Also, don't forget to open with GIMP to convert to grayscale.
EarthHeightmap 150E 90N.png
The new heightmap of the Earth

And after, you made a copy of your image on raw with Irfanview.
Method convert to raw.png
Method to convert to raw

For finish, you need to use the Cubemap tool.

Have a nice day.
► Information
 
User avatar
PlutonianEmpire
Pioneer
Pioneer
Posts: 500
Joined: 02 Nov 2016
Location: MinneSNOWta
Contact:

Help with creating Mods and Addons

30 Aug 2019 03:42

Any tips on how to convert old shader mods to 0.990, given our limitations?
Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )
 
HeitorHenrique1455
Observer
Observer
Posts: 6
Joined: 15 Sep 2019
Location: Canada

Help with creating Mods and Addons

15 Sep 2019 07:37

Hello people.
I wonder how I put an accretion disc in a Black Hole.
Note: It's for my mod.
Note 2: If necessary I will send more information like the black hole script.
 
HeitorHenrique1455
Observer
Observer
Posts: 6
Joined: 15 Sep 2019
Location: Canada

Help with creating Mods and Addons

15 Sep 2019 07:41

Is that whenever I try to put, the game gives error and does not load the disc. 
 
User avatar
JackDole
Star Engineer
Star Engineer
Posts: 1585
Joined: 02 Nov 2016
Location: Terra

Help with creating Mods and Addons

15 Sep 2019 09:24

HeitorHenrique1455 wrote:
Source of the post Note 2: If necessary I will send more information like the black hole script.

I would say it is necessary. Post your script. And do not scream so loud!
JackDole's Universe 0.990: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=546
JackDole's Archive: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=419
JackDole: Mega structures ... http://old.spaceengine.org/forum/17-3252-1 (Old forum)
 
HeitorHenrique1455
Observer
Observer
Posts: 6
Joined: 15 Sep 2019
Location: Canada

Help with creating Mods and Addons

15 Sep 2019 12:02

JackDole wrote:
HeitorHenrique1455 wrote:
Source of the post Note 2: If necessary I will send more information like the black hole script.

I would say it is necessary. Post your script. And do not scream so loud!

Sorry for the scream.

Note : The script is like this because it was exported straight from the game
 
Here it is : 
Star "HIP 5541-845 C"
{
 ParentBody     "HIP 5541-845 System"
 Class        "G2 V"
 Luminosity      0.186141
 MassSol         1
 RadSol          1
 Teff            6449.47
 Age             2.18355
 InertiaMoment   0.0856526
 RotationPeriod  671
 Obliquity       69.2365
 EqAscendNode    39.348
 AlbedoBond      0.3
 AlbedoGeom      0.36
 Brightness      2
 Color          (1.000 0.932 0.976)
 Surface
 {
  SurfStyle       -0.1
  OceanStyle      0
  Randomize      (-0.520, 0.832, -0.032)
  colorDistMagn   0.457854
  colorDistFreq   8.66759
  detailScale     1.79015e+006
  colorConversion true
  drivenDarkening -1
  seaLevel        -1
  snowLevel       0
  tropicLatitude  0.8
  icecapLatitude  1
  icecapHeight    0
  climatePole     0
  climateTropic   0
  climateEquator  0
  heightTempGrad  0
  tropicWidth     0
  mainFreq        0
  venusFreq       0
  venusMagn       0
  mareFreq        0.001
  mareDensity     0
  terraceProb     0
  erosion         0
  montesMagn      0
  montesFreq      0
  montesSpiky     0
  montesFraction  0
  dunesMagn       5
  dunesFreq       0
  dunesFraction   0
  hillsMagn       0.03
  hillsFreq       0
  hillsFraction   0
  hills2Fraction  0
  riversMagn      0
  riversFreq      0
  riversSin       0
  riversOctaves   0
  canyonsMagn     0
  canyonsFreq     0
  canyonFraction  0
  cracksMagn      0
  cracksFreq      0
  cracksOctaves   0
  craterMagn      0
  craterFreq      0
  craterDensity   0
  craterOctaves   0
  craterRayedFactor 0
  volcanoMagn     0
  volcanoFreq     0
  volcanoDensity  0
  volcanoOctaves  0
  volcanoActivity 0
  volcanoFlows    0
  volcanoRadius   0
  volcanoTemp     0
  lavaCoverTidal  0
  lavaCoverSun    0.666667
  lavaCoverYoung  0
  stripeZones     0
  stripeFluct     0
  stripeTwist     0
  cycloneMagn     0
  cycloneFreq     0
  cycloneDensity  0
  cycloneOctaves  0
  colorSea       (0.040, 0.100, 0.200, 1.000)
  colorShelf     (0.150, 0.480, 0.460, 1.000)
  colorBeach     (0.690, 0.470, 0.320, 0.000)
  colorDesert    (0.610, 0.380, 0.270, 0.000)
  colorLowland   (0.102, 0.159, 0.071, 0.000)
  colorUpland    (0.091, 0.110, 0.041, 0.000)
  colorRock      (0.730, 0.550, 0.390, 0.000)
  colorSnow      (1.000, 1.000, 1.000, 0.016)
  colorLowPlants (0.102, 0.159, 0.071, 0.000)
  colorUpPlants  (0.091, 0.110, 0.041, 0.000)
  BumpHeight      599.055
  BumpOffset      599.055
  SpecBrightWater 0
  SpecBrightIce   0
  SpecularPower   55
  Hapke           1
  SpotBright      4
  SpotWidth       0.05
  DayAmbient      1
 }
 NoClouds        true
 NoOcean         true
 NoLava          true
 Atmosphere
 {
  Model          "Sun"
  Height          6960
  Density         1e-009
  Pressure        1
  Bright          10
  Opacity         0
  SkyLight        0
  Hue             0
  Saturation      1
 }
 NoAurora        true
 NoRings         true
 NoAccretionDisk true
 Corona
 {
  Radius      0.56461
  Period      2.73791e-006
  Brightness  1.5
  RayDensity  36.5692
  RayCurv     137.91
 }
 NoCometTail     true
 Orbit
 {
  RefPlane        "Extrasolar"
  SemiMajorAxis   240.41
  Period          52
  Eccentricity    0
  Inclination     24
  AscendingNode   100
  ArgOfPericenter 187
  MeanAnomaly     4
 }
}

 
HeitorHenrique1455
Observer
Observer
Posts: 6
Joined: 15 Sep 2019
Location: Canada

Help with creating Mods and Addons

15 Sep 2019 12:07

HeitorHenrique1455 wrote:
JackDole wrote:
HeitorHenrique1455 wrote:
Source of the post Note 2: If necessary I will send more information like the black hole script.

I would say it is necessary. Post your script. And do not scream so loud!

Sorry for the scream.

Note : The script is like this because it was exported straight from the game
 
Here it is : 
Star "HIP 5541-845 C"
{
 ParentBody     "HIP 5541-845 System"
 Class        "G2 V"
 Luminosity      0.186141
 MassSol         1
 RadSol          1
 Teff            6449.47
 Age             2.18355
 InertiaMoment   0.0856526
 RotationPeriod  671
 Obliquity       69.2365
 EqAscendNode    39.348
 AlbedoBond      0.3
 AlbedoGeom      0.36
 Brightness      2
 Color          (1.000 0.932 0.976)
 Surface
 {
  SurfStyle       -0.1
  OceanStyle      0
  Randomize      (-0.520, 0.832, -0.032)
  colorDistMagn   0.457854
  colorDistFreq   8.66759
  detailScale     1.79015e+006
  colorConversion true
  drivenDarkening -1
  seaLevel        -1
  snowLevel       0
  tropicLatitude  0.8
  icecapLatitude  1
  icecapHeight    0
  climatePole     0
  climateTropic   0
  climateEquator  0
  heightTempGrad  0
  tropicWidth     0
  mainFreq        0
  venusFreq       0
  venusMagn       0
  mareFreq        0.001
  mareDensity     0
  terraceProb     0
  erosion         0
  montesMagn      0
  montesFreq      0
  montesSpiky     0
  montesFraction  0
  dunesMagn       5
  dunesFreq       0
  dunesFraction   0
  hillsMagn       0.03
  hillsFreq       0
  hillsFraction   0
  hills2Fraction  0
  riversMagn      0
  riversFreq      0
  riversSin       0
  riversOctaves   0
  canyonsMagn     0
  canyonsFreq     0
  canyonFraction  0
  cracksMagn      0
  cracksFreq      0
  cracksOctaves   0
  craterMagn      0
  craterFreq      0
  craterDensity   0
  craterOctaves   0
  craterRayedFactor 0
  volcanoMagn     0
  volcanoFreq     0
  volcanoDensity  0
  volcanoOctaves  0
  volcanoActivity 0
  volcanoFlows    0
  volcanoRadius   0
  volcanoTemp     0
  lavaCoverTidal  0
  lavaCoverSun    0.666667
  lavaCoverYoung  0
  stripeZones     0
  stripeFluct     0
  stripeTwist     0
  cycloneMagn     0
  cycloneFreq     0
  cycloneDensity  0
  cycloneOctaves  0
  colorSea       (0.040, 0.100, 0.200, 1.000)
  colorShelf     (0.150, 0.480, 0.460, 1.000)
  colorBeach     (0.690, 0.470, 0.320, 0.000)
  colorDesert    (0.610, 0.380, 0.270, 0.000)
  colorLowland   (0.102, 0.159, 0.071, 0.000)
  colorUpland    (0.091, 0.110, 0.041, 0.000)
  colorRock      (0.730, 0.550, 0.390, 0.000)
  colorSnow      (1.000, 1.000, 1.000, 0.016)
  colorLowPlants (0.102, 0.159, 0.071, 0.000)
  colorUpPlants  (0.091, 0.110, 0.041, 0.000)
  BumpHeight      599.055
  BumpOffset      599.055
  SpecBrightWater 0
  SpecBrightIce   0
  SpecularPower   55
  Hapke           1
  SpotBright      4
  SpotWidth       0.05
  DayAmbient      1
 }
 NoClouds        true
 NoOcean         true
 NoLava          true
 Atmosphere
 {
  Model          "Sun"
  Height          6960
  Density         1e-009
  Pressure        1
  Bright          10
  Opacity         0
  SkyLight        0
  Hue             0
  Saturation      1
 }
 NoAurora        true
 NoRings         true
 NoAccretionDisk true
 Corona
 {
  Radius      0.56461
  Period      2.73791e-006
  Brightness  1.5
  RayDensity  36.5692
  RayCurv     137.91
 }
 NoCometTail     true
 Orbit
 {
  RefPlane        "Extrasolar"
  SemiMajorAxis   240.41
  Period          52
  Eccentricity    0
  Inclination     24
  AscendingNode   100
  ArgOfPericenter 187
  MeanAnomaly     4
 }
}



Sorry, I got confused, I sent the wrong script.

Here is the correct one:
Star "HIP 5541-845 B"
{
 ParentBody     "HIP 5541-845 System"
 Class        "X"
 Luminosity      1e-010
 MassSol         9516.4
 RadSol          0.0403798
 Teff            100
 Age             2.18355
 InertiaMoment   0
 RotationPeriod  2.4e-005
 Obliquity       67.8767
 EqAscendNode    94.7419
 AlbedoBond      0.3
 AlbedoGeom      0.36
 Brightness      2
 Color          (0.000 0.000 0.000)
 NoClouds        true
 NoOcean         true
 NoLava          true
 NoAtmosphere    true
 NoAurora        true
 NoRings         true
 NoAccretionDisk true
 NoCorona        true
 NoCometTail     true
 Orbit
 {
  RefPlane        "Extrasolar"
  Epoch           2.44268e+006
  SemiMajorAxis   115.742
  Period          21.753
  Eccentricity    0
  Inclination     84
  AscendingNode   99
  ArgOfPericenter 300
  MeanAnomaly     182.857
 }
}


I'm sorry for any problems this may have caused
 
User avatar
JackDole
Star Engineer
Star Engineer
Posts: 1585
Joined: 02 Nov 2016
Location: Terra

Help with creating Mods and Addons

15 Sep 2019 12:12

HeitorHenrique1455 wrote:
Source of the post Here it is :

And where is the black hole? The script you are showing here is not a black hole.
JackDole's Universe 0.990: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=546
JackDole's Archive: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=419
JackDole: Mega structures ... http://old.spaceengine.org/forum/17-3252-1 (Old forum)
 
HeitorHenrique1455
Observer
Observer
Posts: 6
Joined: 15 Sep 2019
Location: Canada

Help with creating Mods and Addons

15 Sep 2019 12:19

HeitorHenrique1455 wrote:
HeitorHenrique1455 wrote:
JackDole wrote:
I would say it is necessary. Post your script. And do not scream so loud!

Sorry for the scream.

Note : The script is like this because it was exported straight from the game
 
Here it is : 
Star "HIP 5541-845 C"
{
 ParentBody     "HIP 5541-845 System"
 Class        "G2 V"
 Luminosity      0.186141
 MassSol         1
 RadSol          1
 Teff            6449.47
 Age             2.18355
 InertiaMoment   0.0856526
 RotationPeriod  671
 Obliquity       69.2365
 EqAscendNode    39.348
 AlbedoBond      0.3
 AlbedoGeom      0.36
 Brightness      2
 Color          (1.000 0.932 0.976)
 Surface
 {
  SurfStyle       -0.1
  OceanStyle      0
  Randomize      (-0.520, 0.832, -0.032)
  colorDistMagn   0.457854
  colorDistFreq   8.66759
  detailScale     1.79015e+006
  colorConversion true
  drivenDarkening -1
  seaLevel        -1
  snowLevel       0
  tropicLatitude  0.8
  icecapLatitude  1
  icecapHeight    0
  climatePole     0
  climateTropic   0
  climateEquator  0
  heightTempGrad  0
  tropicWidth     0
  mainFreq        0
  venusFreq       0
  venusMagn       0
  mareFreq        0.001
  mareDensity     0
  terraceProb     0
  erosion         0
  montesMagn      0
  montesFreq      0
  montesSpiky     0
  montesFraction  0
  dunesMagn       5
  dunesFreq       0
  dunesFraction   0
  hillsMagn       0.03
  hillsFreq       0
  hillsFraction   0
  hills2Fraction  0
  riversMagn      0
  riversFreq      0
  riversSin       0
  riversOctaves   0
  canyonsMagn     0
  canyonsFreq     0
  canyonFraction  0
  cracksMagn      0
  cracksFreq      0
  cracksOctaves   0
  craterMagn      0
  craterFreq      0
  craterDensity   0
  craterOctaves   0
  craterRayedFactor 0
  volcanoMagn     0
  volcanoFreq     0
  volcanoDensity  0
  volcanoOctaves  0
  volcanoActivity 0
  volcanoFlows    0
  volcanoRadius   0
  volcanoTemp     0
  lavaCoverTidal  0
  lavaCoverSun    0.666667
  lavaCoverYoung  0
  stripeZones     0
  stripeFluct     0
  stripeTwist     0
  cycloneMagn     0
  cycloneFreq     0
  cycloneDensity  0
  cycloneOctaves  0
  colorSea       (0.040, 0.100, 0.200, 1.000)
  colorShelf     (0.150, 0.480, 0.460, 1.000)
  colorBeach     (0.690, 0.470, 0.320, 0.000)
  colorDesert    (0.610, 0.380, 0.270, 0.000)
  colorLowland   (0.102, 0.159, 0.071, 0.000)
  colorUpland    (0.091, 0.110, 0.041, 0.000)
  colorRock      (0.730, 0.550, 0.390, 0.000)
  colorSnow      (1.000, 1.000, 1.000, 0.016)
  colorLowPlants (0.102, 0.159, 0.071, 0.000)
  colorUpPlants  (0.091, 0.110, 0.041, 0.000)
  BumpHeight      599.055
  BumpOffset      599.055
  SpecBrightWater 0
  SpecBrightIce   0
  SpecularPower   55
  Hapke           1
  SpotBright      4
  SpotWidth       0.05
  DayAmbient      1
 }
 NoClouds        true
 NoOcean         true
 NoLava          true
 Atmosphere
 {
  Model          "Sun"
  Height          6960
  Density         1e-009
  Pressure        1
  Bright          10
  Opacity         0
  SkyLight        0
  Hue             0
  Saturation      1
 }
 NoAurora        true
 NoRings         true
 NoAccretionDisk true
 Corona
 {
  Radius      0.56461
  Period      2.73791e-006
  Brightness  1.5
  RayDensity  36.5692
  RayCurv     137.91
 }
 NoCometTail     true
 Orbit
 {
  RefPlane        "Extrasolar"
  SemiMajorAxis   240.41
  Period          52
  Eccentricity    0
  Inclination     24
  AscendingNode   100
  ArgOfPericenter 187
  MeanAnomaly     4
 }
}



Sorry, I got confused, I sent the wrong script.

Here is the correct one:
Star "HIP 5541-845 B"
{
 ParentBody     "HIP 5541-845 System"
 Class        "X"
 Luminosity      1e-010
 MassSol         9516.4
 RadSol          0.0403798
 Teff            100
 Age             2.18355
 InertiaMoment   0
 RotationPeriod  2.4e-005
 Obliquity       67.8767
 EqAscendNode    94.7419
 AlbedoBond      0.3
 AlbedoGeom      0.36
 Brightness      2
 Color          (0.000 0.000 0.000)
 NoClouds        true
 NoOcean         true
 NoLava          true
 NoAtmosphere    true
 NoAurora        true
 NoRings         true
 NoAccretionDisk true
 NoCorona        true
 NoCometTail     true
 Orbit
 {
  RefPlane        "Extrasolar"
  Epoch           2.44268e+006
  SemiMajorAxis   115.742
  Period          21.753
  Eccentricity    0
  Inclination     84
  AscendingNode   99
  ArgOfPericenter 300
  MeanAnomaly     182.857
 }
}


I'm sorry for any problems this may have caused

The Black Hole script is here. Once again, I'm sorry for any problems this may have caused.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest