Free planetarium

niseminoshiro
Observer

Help with creating Mods and Addons

23 Jan 2017 22:54

Is there any way to prevent planets over 3x diameter of earth from becoming gas/ice giants? I'm trying to make Mesklin which is a very oblate titan with a very fast rotation around 6x D. earth.
Attachments
mesklin.sc
(5.07 KiB) Downloaded 12 times

JackDole
Explorer

24 Jan 2017 00:22

In newer SE versions the problem is the mass. Objects with a mass greater than 9.9 Earth masses, become gas giants or ice giants.
At a mass of 9.9 Earth masses it remains a 'Titan' planet.

I also tried already to create Mesklin.
scr00027.png

Starlight Glimmer
Space Pilot

24 Jan 2017 04:08

JackDole, Thank you very much!

Roswell
Space Pilot

29 Jan 2017 22:35

Trouble with Polyphemus.
Attachments
scr00000.jpg
Fist pic, show me this planet are blurry this is not the real Polyphemus.
scr00001.jpg
The second is the great planet. I tested with my combo and it's look like the real polyphemus with "amberworld" atmophere on other gazeous planet. :shock:
scr00002.jpg
3rd picture : I tried to add my update for polyphemus but polyphemus turn into a red-blue planet like that.

SpaceEngineer
Author of SpaceEngine

30 Jan 2017 03:08

DoctorOfSpace wrote:
Source of the post Should also know that if you do change the model you will change the generation algorithm and you will be unable to share your finds.

Only if you change the subsystem texture (this changes the procedural stars pattern), or radius (this changes scaling, thus density of stars), or coordinates of the galaxy (this changes seed).

Xoran
Pioneer

03 Feb 2017 09:30

JackDole: Source of the post In newer SE versions the problem is the mass. Objects with a mass greater than 9.9 Earth masses, become gas giants or ice giants.

bigtitan.png
What is this then? I have no addons, so what is this?
Space is too big to understand, so do not try to understand.

JackDole
Explorer

03 Feb 2017 10:51

Sorry, it was bigger than 10 earth masses. And perhaps it is different with procedural objects.

Starlight Glimmer
Space Pilot

04 Feb 2017 09:40

I need help with making moons. I don't feel like manually writing the script in for moons around the planets in this addon, so is there a script to make moons? Helme (one of the planets) is a titan and its of fair size but its atmosphere is way to thin in my view, as for Cali and Gai, they need a barycenter, would they be tidal locked? And would rings be realistic? For location I want the system to be a bit close the galactic core but not too close and I'm unsure how to place it there. I would like someone to fix this addon if possible.

Vov.sc goes in planets and Vobba.sc goes in stars.
Attachments
Vobba.sc
(81 Bytes) Downloaded 8 times
Vov.sc
(3.46 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

JackDole
Explorer

10 Feb 2017 09:13

Starlight Glimmer,
okay, I've positioned your system near the center of the Milky Way.
scr00020.png

StarBarycenter "Vobba"
{
    RA      17 59 50.23
    Dec     -23 55 01.30
    Dist    5984.90
}

Starlight Glimmer
Space Pilot

10 Feb 2017 10:14

JackDole,

Looks great. Right where it should be. If you aren't able to do the other fixes, can anyone else?

PlutonianEmpire
Space Pilot

10 Feb 2017 21:38

I have a bunch of models I converted for use in space engine. They were all created by third parties, some of them now defunct, as third party consumer addons for M$ Flight Simulator. Since I am considering releasing them as part of my TPE Universe, how do I go about respecting copyright laws when doing so? Specifically, the models are theirs, and the textures are both theirs and mine, since these models were released as paint kits, so fourth parties could modify the textures and (re-)release at will given proper crediting.

As for proper crediting, how do I do that part to begin with?
Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

ZackG
Observer

14 Feb 2017 14:45

Got a question. are there any other types of shapes for nebulae besides cubes? because I want to try and make a more accurate appearance for nebulae like the Dumbell Nebula which I think is a cylinder.

Mosfet
Pioneer

14 Feb 2017 16:55

According to manual here, you can use other types: besides Cubemap, there is also Cylindrical, Spherical, Flat, Diffuse, Planetary, SNR. All these types change particle distribution, some with, some without textures.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
My mods - My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 4gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram

kham132
Space Tourist

18 Feb 2017 21:46

Yep, I'm still working on those volcanic city lights, but I need help. How do I get rid of the grid-like pattern;
 and replace it with what you'd see on Earth? Or at the least not a recognizable pattern?

PlutonianEmpire
Space Pilot

19 Feb 2017 18:51

SpaceEngineer wrote:
An'shur wrote:
Source of the post The planet does react to changing these, but after shutting down SE and starting again, the changes don't take effect, but the parameters are changed in the sc. file..

Do you mean that it reacts in the editor? Editor doesn't save changes into file.
An'shur wrote:
Source of the post I aslo have a question. I don't know if it is a glitch, but I have manually changed ColorDesert (or similar parameter) to black and the clouds have also turned black (which, strangely, I welcome in one particular case), however, I would like to know how to change clouds color manually.

There must be parameters colorClouds0 ... colorClouds3, but their reading from the script seems was lost in the source code... I fixed this for the next update. If not initialized form the script, they become white on terra and oceania, and receives values from the colorDesert on other types of planets.

I have noticed that in 0.980 and some previous versions, using ModulateColor for each desired cloud tag is a good work-around until the update is released. :)

Anyways, a question of my own, how do I get night lights to work on spaceship models? Also, how do I use multiple texture sets for the same model file, so I dont have to copy the model file every time I add a spaceship texture to the game?
Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )